ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum
Manhattan - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum (http://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Manhattan (/showthread.php?tid=10546)

Manhattan - Mindy - 07-13-2018

As I was going through my old notes on my iPad, I was reminded of Manhattan, and it’s meaning. Since then, F has referenced it a few more times, so I’ll share that now. If it’s been shared before, I apologize, but since the chase is progressing, maybe it’s time to go back to some old notes.

From Wikipedia:

The name Manhattan comes from the Munsi language of the Lenni Lenape meaning ISLAND OF MANY HILLS.

Other theories say that it comes from one of three Munsi words. "Manahactanienk" meaning "PLACE OF INEBRIATION".

Other possibilities are "manahatouh" meaning "A PLACE WHERE WOOD IS AVAILABLE FOR MAKING BOWS AND ARROWS,” and "menatay" meaning simply "THE ISLAND."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Manhattan - mikemarcum878 - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 06:20 AM)Mindy Wrote: As I was going through my old notes on my iPad, I was reminded of Manhattan, and it’s meaning. Since then, F has referenced it a few more times, so I’ll share that now. If it’s been shared before, I apologize, but since the chase is progressing, maybe it’s time to go back to some old notes.

From Wikipedia:

The name Manhattan comes from the Munsi language of the Lenni Lenape meaning ISLAND OF MANY HILLS.

Other theories say that it comes from one of three Munsi words. "Manahactanienk" meaning "PLACE OF INEBRIATION".

Other possibilities are "manahatouh" meaning "A PLACE WHERE WOOD IS AVAILABLE FOR MAKING BOWS AND ARROWS,” and "menatay" meaning simply "THE ISLAND."

Arrows are made out of roots hmmm.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

RE: Manhattan - DeeepThnkr - 07-14-2018

(07-13-2018, 06:20 AM)Mindy Wrote: As I was going through my old notes on my iPad, I was reminded of Manhattan, and it’s meaning. Since then, F has referenced it a few more times, so I’ll share that now. If it’s been shared before, I apologize, but since the chase is progressing, maybe it’s time to go back to some old notes.

From Wikipedia:

The hint is at the bow, yew wood is the specific answer.

RE: Manhattan - easternOHsteve - 07-14-2018

(07-14-2018, 12:43 AM)DeeepThnkr Wrote:

From Wikipedia:

The hint is at the bow, yew wood is the specific answer.

Did you find my notes DT??? SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Rare and valuable, Pacific yew fights cancer, but makes toxic sawdust
https://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/wood/wood-month/pacific-yew-produces-anti-cancer-chemical-also-toxic-dust

You and Mindy must be plotting together... I like the way you are both sharing the information...

Nope and we've never spoken to one another over the phone, yet. I post for three reasons: it helps me think to put it down in righting, I want my children to see that I was a front runner(if I don't win) and paying respect to an Officer who deserves to see the progress of the game that he built.

Also called mahogany, in the month of May I love to golf with the pros. See what I did there?

Where do you call home DT; I mean where do you live, lol... What state? I am not very imaginative; I am an engineer with architectural/building background and was raised on a large farm. I do give ff credit and full respect for this plan to honor his father (who had only a small bit to remember him by publically), his family and leave himself a legacy.

I am having a small problem getting licensure for the 4WD; the notary (about 75 miles east of here) did not sign her full name as witness to title. I had to drive over, get the owner, go to the title office and have the notary do her job! I now must take vehicle to verify the VIN, pay for the taxes and get a temporary title, go to the BMV to pay for license, etc. Thought it would be easy, lol...

Ore gone

South ore gone

You are closer than I am, lol... I live in eastern OH right on the Ohio River. I can see the Ohio River from my penthouse apartment. Dump actually.
I now have to wait until after the 26th to visit. I am sure of the area; there are more than a few dozen hints in one area. I have gotten a grove of a few yew trees with a certain distance lineal in one scale and the exact distance by the roadway in another, a joker with four cards, etc... It is at the omega. But she is pointing east? Why? Mirror and should be west toward the monk's hoodie lake? With the online water gauge, the adult and juvenile hearts? But they would be above the fireplace. That won't work! I must go the other direction below the fireplace to be legal? At the... In the w? Hummmm.... The distance by the roadway would still be correct and this would be below the fireplace. The blaze would be the twinkle. I have two locations to look at now. The third is on private property and is going to be difficult to get into to without risk.

RE: Manhattan - trigace - 07-14-2018

From Wikipedia:

The location of my solve fits closely to the definition of Island of many hills. It's not an island but there are several little hills around a shoreline. It fits with the word treasure where treasure can be tri ashore or 3 ashore. It accurately describes the shoreline.

The last clue leads you to the shoreline that is in the shape of a 3.