ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum
One Omega in Revised OUAW - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum (http://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: One Omega in Revised OUAW (/showthread.php?tid=11085)

Pages: 1 2

One Omega in Revised OUAW - Mindy - 11-08-2018

That one’s easy. He’s simplifying.

RE: One Omega in Revised OUAW - mrmagicarovrumrebel - 11-08-2018

When did he publish the revised version of Ouaw exactly?

One Omega in Revised OUAW - fromtheotherside - 11-08-2018

(11-08-2018, 07:42 AM)mrmagicarovrumrebel Wrote: When did he publish the revised version of Ouaw exactly?

I ordered it 24.10.
Is that EXACT day I don’t know.
Is there anyone who has ordered it before me?

One Omega in Revised OUAW - fromtheotherside - 11-08-2018

(11-08-2018, 08:42 AM)fromtheotherside Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 07:42 AM)mrmagicarovrumrebel Wrote: When did he publish the revised version of Ouaw exactly?

I ordered it 24.10.
Is that EXACT day I don’t know.
Is there anyone who has ordered it before me?

Were I the first one ?

RE: One Omega in Revised OUAW - Beavertooth - 11-08-2018

I ordered it a few days before that.

RE: One Omega in Revised OUAW - Beavertooth - 11-08-2018

(11-08-2018, 10:17 PM)RockyBalboa Wrote: This is a really weird chat site. Why does "Fenn likes the ladies" get more attention than this single Omega? The single Omega is top talk of the other sites and everybody here is interested is gossip.

My theory is that Forrest has decided after 8 years that we were all too stupid to understand the meaning of the two omegas. Since we don't allow such personal attacks here, any such discussion might get us banned. Admittedly, that's only a theory.

Forrest has also stated that the subsequent books after TTOTC and the map exception in TFTW (with its unintended hint) do not have any hints in them. If so, why bother discussing the issue?

I think he likes to stir things up during the slow months. it appears from your post that he has done that on other sites. "Mission accomplished."

RE: One Omega in Revised OUAW - fabjr71 - 11-09-2018

Has anyone given thought that the Omega is the 24th character of the Greek alphabet and the letter X is also the 24th letter of the English alphabet? Logically speaking, I believe there are two X's that must be located. The first X is the Blaze, the second X is the chest. Just because you find the first X doesn't mean you will immediately find the second X. Maybe the single Omega is an indication the first X has been discovered?

RE: One Omega in Revised OUAW - Gordon Lightfoot - 11-09-2018

Let me see, Utah and Idaho are no more, but now the Rockies are included up to Canada a long way from Santa Fe if you ask me, and now there is only one omega.

Makes perfect sense to me.

RE: One Omega in Revised OUAW - Andrew Jef - 11-09-2018

(11-09-2018, 07:52 AM)fabjr71 Wrote: Has anyone given thought that the Omega is the 24th character of the Greek alphabet and the letter X is also the 24th letter of the English alphabet? Logically speaking, I believe there are two X's that must be located. The first X is the Blaze, the second X is the chest. Just because you find the first X doesn't mean you will immediately find the second X. Maybe the single Omega is an indication the first X has been discovered?

When I think of "exxes", I think of a cartoon showing somebody who's
dead, with "exxes" for eyes. I'm not looking for any of these in this treasure hunt. Same with some place "where all the lines cross".
Too much attention is given to any of this, IMO.

The poem, by itself, gives a lot of information. But for a person to solve it, he/she will probably need to put in hundreds of hours of study and research, including a lot of guessing and a lot of changing guesses, replacing bad ones with new ones.

RE: One Omega in Revised OUAW - Chris Yates - 11-09-2018

(11-09-2018, 10:02 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: When I think of "exxes", I think of a cartoon showing somebody who's
dead, with "exxes" for eyes. I'm not looking for any of these in this treasure hunt. Same with some place "where all the lines cross".
Too much attention is given to any of this, IMO.

The poem, by itself, gives a lot of information. But for a person to solve it, he/she will probably need to put in hundreds of hours of study and research, including a lot of guessing and a lot of changing guesses, replacing bad ones with new ones.

ive never quite gotten the "where all the lines cross" comment(s)

maybe it's more because the way I would think of it. you would only need 2 lines crossing to establish a point

where all the lines cross may be a reference that the correct solution should have every hint or clue crossing you to that one and only spot, some of them directly to that spot, but some may be indirect

indirect meaning they make sense as a continuous link of a whole, and the whole does logically link as a collective to that one and only spot

edit: I want to clarify that my current avi offers no hints to the omega that is all the rage in chase chat discussions lately