Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How large? How Steep?
05-10-2018, 12:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2018, 12:23 AM by Plato II.)
How large? How Steep?
The treasure chest is not under water, nor is it near the Rio Grande River. It is not necessary to move large rocks or climb up or down a steep precipice, and it is not under a man-made object. f
https://dalneitzel.com/2017/06/29/safety_first/

What do you think he means by "large rocks" or "steep precipice"

Is a rock of 20 lbs. too large? Or is a 45% precipice too steep? These definitions could mean the difference of finding the TC or not. My thought is he means large boulders like 100-200 lbs. or larger. And, a precipice that has a total drop off like 80-90%. Just my guess.

What do you think? Anyone?
05-10-2018, 12:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2018, 12:38 AM by The Count.)
RE: How large? How Steep?
I think a big thing that no one has noticed or pointed out, with most of the chase related deaths being drowning, that Fenn has not eliminated crossing a river or creek on foot or getting wet from water in a creek or river. I sent him emails at one point trying to get him to say that crossing a creek or river on foot was not needed and for him to announce to the public something like that for safety sake but no reply.

Since no large rocks maybe small rocks or something else... Don't forget your gloves!

down with the evil twin

05-10-2018, 12:49 AM,
the way it is worded sounds to me like its not under moving water or on a ledge on a cliff

in geography a gut is a small creek
a weak river is one that is flowing during high tide and dry during low tide

i dont think crossing moving water is necessary until you get to the bridge.

imo
ɐʞoʎǝɥ
05-10-2018, 12:57 AM,
(05-10-2018, 12:34 AM)The Count Wrote: I think a big thing that no one has noticed or pointed out, with most of the chase related deaths being drowning, that Fenn has not eliminated crossing a river or creek on foot or getting wet from water in a creek or river. I sent him emails at one point trying to get him to say that crossing a creek or river on foot was not needed and for him to announce to the public something like that for safety sake but no reply.

Since no large rocks maybe small rocks or something else... Don't forget your gloves!

Good thought, Count. Makes you wondered why. Maybe it's under a waterfalls. Another thought, he says not under a man make object, so does that mean that it's under some natural object such as a tree stump, a small rock or under ground. I believe that he had already mentioned that the TC was not associated with a man made object so why say not under a "mmo".
05-10-2018, 01:21 AM,
(05-10-2018, 12:57 AM)Plato II Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 12:34 AM)The Count Wrote: I think a big thing that no one has noticed or pointed out, with most of the chase related deaths being drowning, that Fenn has not eliminated crossing a river or creek on foot or getting wet from water in a creek or river. I sent him emails at one point trying to get him to say that crossing a creek or river on foot was not needed and for him to announce to the public something like that for safety sake but no reply.

Good thought, Count. Makes you wondered why. Maybe it's under a waterfalls. Another thought, he says not under a man make object, so does that mean that it's under some natural object such as a tree stump, a small rock or under ground. I believe that he had already mentioned that the TC was not associated with a man made object so why say not under a "mmo".
Probably not under a waterfall, it doesn't take much flooding to push a car so TC would surely be moved during flooding, unless it was like a secret hidden dry area under some falls. I don't really think any of the clues have to do with any mmo but I could be wrong. The chest has been out in the elements for long enough where it is, its been buried by something even if its just pine needles, leaves, and dust.

This 200 footer club has been thrown around enough I could see a natural barrier 200 ft from the chest like a creek or river but it takes a mile or so to walk around safely, maybe one reason that makes it more difficult to find.

down with the evil twin

05-10-2018, 01:36 AM,
i once thought that also but im leaning more towards its closer to his home and in the middle of a visible high traffic area.

not far but too far to walk, meek, no paddle up does seem to imply a crossing of some kind.
ɐʞoʎǝɥ
05-10-2018, 06:29 AM,
He once commented to a woman searcher that she would not have to move any "large rocks", which implies to me that the rocks are small enough that a woman could move them relatively easily. So no rocks heavier than 40 pounds. And no cliff higher than 8 feet. You can jump off eight feet and (most likely) not hurt yourself. But anything much higher risks major bodily damage.
05-10-2018, 07:39 AM,
(05-10-2018, 12:22 AM)Plato II Wrote: The treasure chest is not under water, nor is it near the Rio Grande River. It is not necessary to move large rocks or climb up or down a steep precipice, and it is not under a man-made object. f
https://dalneitzel.com/2017/06/29/safety_first/

What do you think he means by "large rocks" or "steep precipice"

Is a rock of 20 lbs. too large? Or is a 45% precipice too steep? These definitions could mean the difference of finding the TC or not. My thought is he means large boulders like 100-200 lbs. or larger. And, a precipice that has a total drop off like 80-90%. Just my guess.

What do you think? Anyone?

Don't screw around on slopes of 45 degrees unless you know what you are doing. Somewhere around 45 hiking becomes climbing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Living large James Perotti 9 703 11-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Last Post: James Perotti