Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Key in the photo
05-15-2018, 08:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2018, 05:36 PM by Gilagin.)
The Key in the photo
I was just thinking about the chest (Indulgence), and the key shown on page 126 of TTOTC; is it in the chest? It would not be in the lock of the chest, because of the frog latch; that would be impossible. The latch itself must be keeping it closed but unlocked. I would surely love to keep the key; I don't think by doing so the value of the contents would be diminished.

Now that the season for searching is upon us, I think those with a solve that plan to take action this summer must grow a bit nervous as the day to hit the road again; I have to confess I do, even though as f said those with the real solve will go with confidence.

Since the beginning, I've have focused on one particular area, but that doesn't mean I did not look at the entire Rocky Mountains. I researched as I'm sure most of you did any structure, canyon, and valley belonging to or named after an individual named Brown. I would use the poem as a checklist to follow a flow from the beginning of the poem to the end. If I found something named Brown I'd backtrack to find WWWH, and look for that canyon between the two. If those three items were not found to be joined as described in the poem I'd move on to the next possible home of Brown. I personally believed that first finding Brown is easier than finding WWWH.

Forrest had that gut feeling that it will be found this summer, wow, what a let down it will be for all but one. You can't expect the finder to even come forward. Remember, f said something about a finder and a lawyer? If the four states involved don't know where it was found, and who the finder is, it would be impossible for there to be a court case.

If you know the finder can't come forward or tell where he/she found it, what would satisfy that deep seeded feeling that you deserve to know all the details? I'm curious about that!

Best of luck to all, and be safe.
05-15-2018, 08:32 AM,
The Key in the photo
Forrest said he put the key inside the chest(indulgence).

Nothing is too small to know --Forrest Fenn

razyfamily
05-15-2018, 10:17 AM,
RE: The Key in the photo
A chest will always remain where a chest is intentionally placed. Even though it may not be the chest or key you are searching for, there will always be a chest to find if you can find a word that is key.
ɐʞoʎǝɥ
05-15-2018, 10:35 AM,
(05-15-2018, 10:17 AM)heyoka Wrote: A chest will always remain where a chest is intentionally placed. Even though it may not be the chest or key you are searching for, there will always be a chest to find if you can find a word that is key.

heyoka, there are hints in TTOTC chapter called Gold and More, that tell you what the keyword in the poem is.
05-15-2018, 02:11 PM,
Gilagin- Perhaps the finder will release the location of WWWH, and let those who are truly interested try to continue to solve the poem. Just a thought
05-15-2018, 02:56 PM,
(05-15-2018, 02:11 PM)emmett Wrote: Gilagin- Perhaps the finder will release the location of WWWH, and let those who are truly interested try to continue to solve the poem. Just a thought

Emmett, my thought on that would be that Forrest would have to release that info, for the finder could not divulge that on a forum without giving up his identity. But that could be arranged if Forrest agrees to only release WWWH.
05-15-2018, 08:25 PM,
u miss the point. its not the mechanics of releasing the info, but rather addressing that deep seeded feeling that you deserve to know the details. What better way than proving a means for you to make the discovery on your own. If your capable and really interested, not just curious.
05-15-2018, 11:15 PM,
more than a few...

more than several...
ɐʞoʎǝɥ
05-16-2018, 10:09 AM,
(05-16-2018, 12:31 AM)NTMI Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 08:53 PM)realistrealist Wrote: Well, start by looking at the big picture... the biggest in the book. Begin it there.

No truer words...

Which is the biggest picture in the book?