Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enlightenment and question for IG
08-10-2018, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 12:33 PM by Mindy.)
Being aware is being enlightened. Check out inside back cover of the dust jacket, then look up enlightenment on Google and look at the first picture.

Then read the whole article and find all the similarities that F has told us in other words.

Awareness is awakening, enlightenment, wisdom, liberation (remember all the drunk references?- wordplay) and experience.

Ever notice how many times F mentions being asleep in ttotc?

Asleep= unaware

IG, aren’t the words F shares with you supposed to be archaic words? Isn’t that the theme of this words?

If we look at the archaic meaning of swivet, we see that it meant “deep sleep.” Unaware. Words old and new are treasures to F.

So although he wrote swivet and we looked it up in a modern dictionary and thought “fluster” or whatever, what he may be really describing is Donnie’s unawareness— the lack of knowing in the moment—the lack of “experiencing.” I’m not sure how to describe it.

We can find many, many references to enlightenment via awareness in ttotc. And in many SB’s, vignettes, and Q and A’s.

From Wikipedia:
Any soul that has conquered its own inner enemies and achieved the state of supreme being is called a jina ("conqueror" or "victor").

Remember all the references to victory?

Remember the guru, the dream of reincarnation?

I’m not proposing that F is a follower of Eastern religions such as Jainism, but what I am saying that wise = enlightened, aware, awake.

The blaze is enlightenment. And there is something I believe you have to do to become “enlightened,” or “aware.”

It is the reason why the I must go.

From Wikipedia on related article of Ego Death:

“Ego death is a "complete loss of subjective self-identity".[1] The term is used in various intertwined contexts, with related meanings. In Jungian psychology, the synonymous term psychic death is used, which refers to a fundamental transformation of the psyche.[2] In death and rebirth mythology, ego death is a phase of self-surrender and transition,[3][4][5][6] as described by Joseph Campbell in his research on the mythology of the Hero's Journey.[3] It is a recurrent theme in world mythology and is also used as a metaphor in some strands of contemporary western thinking.”

Jung describes it like this:

“In order to radically improve global quality of life, it seems necessary to have a fundamental transformation of the psyche. Such a shift in personality has been labeled an "ego death" in Buddhism or a psychic death by Jung, because it implies a shift back to the existential position of the natural self, i.e., living the true purpose of life. The problem of healing and improving the global quality of life seems strongly connected to the unpleasantness of the ego-death experience.”

This is what I believe F is saying when he said we exist solely for the pleasure of others.

The concept of ego death, awareness, enlightenment is also present in The Hero’s Journey, a theme posited by Joseph Campbell.

“In 1949, Joseph Campbell published The Hero with a Thousand Faces, a study on the archetype of the Hero's Journey. It describes a common theme found in many cultures worldwide, and is also described in many contemporary theories on personal transformation. In traditional cultures it describes the "WILDERNESS PASSAGE", the transition from adolescence into adulthood. It typically includes a phase of separation, transition, and incorporation. The second phase is a phase of self-surrender and ego-death, whereafter the hero returns to enrich the world with their discoveries. Campbell describes the basic theme as follows:

A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of supernatural wonder: fabulous forces are there encountered and a decisive victory is won: the hero comes back from this mysterious adventure with the power to bestow boons on his fellow man.”

The concept of self-awareness goes along with this.

Read this fascinating experiment that tested animal’s self awareness:

“Studies have been done mainly on primates to test if self-awareness is present. Apes, monkeys, elephants, and dolphins have been studied most frequently. The most relevant studies to this day that represent self-awareness in animals have been done on chimpanzees, dolphins, and magpies. Self-awareness in animals is tested through mirror self recognition. Animals that show mirror self recognition go through four stages 1) social response, 2) physical mirror inspection, 3) repetitive mirror testing behavior, and 4) the mark test; which involves the animals spontaneously touching a mark on their body which would have been difficult to see without the mirror.”

Sounds a little like touching George Washington on the nose and chin.

Some animals that have been proven to have self awareness: elephants, magpies, and ants. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
08-10-2018, 02:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 03:01 PM by easternOHsteve.)
RE: Enlightenment and question for IG
@Mindy
Self-awareness is the key cornerstone to emotional intelligence, according to Daniel Goleman.
Your description can be applied to the human race as well. If you want to go further, study Goleman. IMO it isn't necessary; just add this to a list also... It is important but only for your overall key-list....IMO
just saying ss
08-10-2018, 05:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 05:31 PM by DeeepThnkr.)
Hmag pies are cool Smile

Off 64 is a beautiful Buddhist Temple and the the road going up, Road 10, is below a FS dwelling. The Rd is also called Shadow Mountain, to Shadow is to follow, precisely. The Rd to Temple is Sun Mnt/Sun Valley? And the moon sits beautifully over the nearest peek, my uncle hikes there. But there is no Ash Av NE of there nor a haven, but their heads are Shaven. I use Gillette when I shave, unless I've ben misbeehaven. Sweet is the nectar that bares revealing, bears love fishing when I am reeling. Home is hon ne and honey bee home- I've a itch that needs scratching, and a sandwich that needs switching. Don't read my ramblings if it makes you start bitching. I'll be here all week, weight no, no wait, light as a feather, dancing on the skiis with aluminum propellers, a period of me in the middle is the same as Iding the metal, dye it white grey or silver, either way the laughters and tears shot straight to the sun, at the speed of sound and weighed down by Stone, his Friend in America, or Eric if you will, sum believe everything Fenn will say is a small red clue, richies clouds hide secrets in front of your face, but did he really pass on the corner of Broadway? Well f got better, he was heeled, threw the plan in the shitter, a biographer leans towards his subject and a batter faces a picture, win the TC is found don't be bitter.
08-10-2018, 05:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 05:54 PM by doodlebug.)
(08-10-2018, 12:00 PM)Mindy Wrote: Being aware is being enlightened. Check out inside back cover of the dust jacket, then look up enlightenment on Google and look at the first picture.

Then read the whole article and find all the similarities that F has told us in other words.

Awareness is awakening, enlightenment, wisdom, liberation (remember all the drunk references?- wordplay) and experience.

Asleep= unaware

IG, aren’t the words F shares with you supposed to be archaic words? Isn’t that the theme of this words?

If we look at the archaic meaning of swivet, we see that it meant “deep sleep.” Unaware. Words old and new are treasures to F.

So although he wrote swivet and we looked it up in a modern dictionary and thought “fluster” or whatever, what he may be really describing is Donnie’s unawareness— the lack of knowing in the moment—the lack of “experiencing.” I’m not sure how to describe it.

We can find many, many references to enlightenment via awareness in ttotc. And in many SB’s, vignettes, and Q and A’s.

From Wikipedia:
Any soul that has conquered its own inner enemies and achieved the state of supreme being is called a jina ("conqueror" or "victor").

I’m not proposing that F is a follower of Eastern religions such as Jainism, but what I am saying that wise = enlightened, aware, awake.

The blaze is enlightenment. And there is something I believe you have to do to become “enlightened,” or “aware.”

“Ego death is a "complete loss of subjective self-identity".[1] The term is used in various intertwined contexts, with related meanings. In Jungian psychology, the synonymous term psychic death is used, which refers to a fundamental transformation of the psyche.[2] In death and rebirth mythology, ego death is a phase of self-surrender and transition,[3][4][5][6] as described by Joseph Campbell in his research on the mythology of the Hero's Journey.[3] It is a recurrent theme in world mythology and is also used as a metaphor in some strands of contemporary western thinking.”

“In order to radically improve global quality of life, it seems necessary to have a fundamental transformation of the psyche. Such a shift in personality has been labeled an "ego death" in Buddhism or a psychic death by Jung, because it implies a shift back to the existential position of the natural self, i.e., living the true purpose of life. The problem of healing and improving the global quality of life seems strongly connected to the unpleasantness of the ego-death experience.”

This is what I believe F is saying when he said we exist solely for the pleasure of others.

The concept of ego death, awareness, enlightenment is also present in The Hero’s Journey, a theme posited by Joseph Campbell.

“In 1949, Joseph Campbell published The Hero with a Thousand Faces, a study on the archetype of the Hero's Journey. It describes a common theme found in many cultures worldwide, and is also described in many contemporary theories on personal transformation. In traditional cultures it describes the "WILDERNESS PASSAGE", the transition from adolescence into adulthood. It typically includes a phase of separation, transition, and incorporation. The second phase is a phase of self-surrender and ego-death, whereafter the hero returns to enrich the world with their discoveries. Campbell describes the basic theme as follows:

A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of supernatural wonder: fabulous forces are there encountered and a decisive victory is won: the hero comes back from this mysterious adventure with the power to bestow boons on his fellow man.”

“Studies have been done mainly on primates to test if self-awareness is present. Apes, monkeys, elephants, and dolphins have been studied most frequently. The most relevant studies to this day that represent self-awareness in animals have been done on chimpanzees, dolphins, and magpies. Self-awareness in animals is tested through mirror self recognition. Animals that show mirror self recognition go through four stages 1) social response, 2) physical mirror inspection, 3) repetitive mirror testing behavior, and 4) the mark test; which involves the animals spontaneously touching a mark on their body which would have been difficult to see without the mirror.”

Some animals that have been proven to have self awareness: elephants, magpies, and ants. Smile

(08-10-2018, 12:00 PM)Mindy Wrote: Being aware is being enlightened. Check out inside back cover of the dust jacket, then look up enlightenment on Google and look at the first picture.

Asleep= unaware

From Wikipedia:

is this helping you solve the poem? its not helping me.
08-10-2018, 06:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 11:48 PM by crazyfamily.)
blah.
08-10-2018, 06:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 06:58 PM by realistrealist.)
(08-10-2018, 05:52 PM)doodlebug Wrote: is this helping you solve the poem? its not helping me.

Wise = to be made aware of something

Page 15: Sitting there (at the spot) recounting his first steps towards awareness = sharing his wisdom. Everything that follows is related to the correct solve.

1st steps - 1st grade - 1st clue.

The book is not an autobiography. It's a Memoir. The purpose of the book isn't to state the facts of his life, but to share his experiences to teach you. Decipher the meaning and connections of those experiences and you will have confirmation of the correct solve. The book IS the ball of string that went missing. Think of it as a 1,000 piece puzzle you're trying to put together to help you solve the poem. Most of what's posted on the blogs and forums isn't relating to the interconnections of the content of TTOTC - get off the forums and blogs and go through the TTOTC very slowly. Look up everything you don't already know. Mainly - THINK.
08-10-2018, 07:04 PM,
(08-10-2018, 06:52 PM)realistrealist Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 05:52 PM)doodlebug Wrote: is this helping you solve the poem? its not helping me.

Page 15: Sitting there (at the spot) recounting his first steps towards awareness = sharing his wisdom. Everything that follows is related to the correct solve.

The book is not an autobiography. It's a Memoir. The purpose of the book isn't to state the facts of his life, but to share his experiences to teach you. Decipher the meaning and connections of those experiences and you will have confirmation of the correct solve. The book IS the ball of string that went missing. Think of it as a 1,000 piece puzzle you're trying to put together to help you solve the poem.

He didn't recount. He reflected. This is the first of many many mentions of fire in ttotc and tftw.

So now I sit here past midnight, beside my juniper fire, reflecting back to the year when my awareness took its first few steps.
08-10-2018, 08:58 PM,
(08-10-2018, 05:52 PM)doodlebug Wrote:

Asleep= unaware

From Wikipedia:

Asleep= unaware

From Wikipedia:

is this helping you solve the poem? its not helping me.

Yes, understanding awareness is key. Kismet says so.

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
08-10-2018, 11:52 PM,
(08-10-2018, 07:04 PM)John Brown Wrote:

The book is not an autobiography. It's a Memoir. The purpose of the book isn't to state the facts of his life, but to share his experiences to teach you. Decipher the meaning and connections of those experiences and you will have confirmation of the correct solve. The book IS the ball of string that went missing. Think of it as a 1,000 piece puzzle you're trying to put together to help you solve the poem.

He didn't recount. He reflected. This is the first of many many mentions of fire in ttotc and tftw.

So now I sit here past midnight, beside my juniper fire, reflecting back to the year when my awareness took its first few steps.

lol... I wonder why that is. . .
08-11-2018, 02:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 03:01 AM by DeeepThnkr.)

The book is not an autobiography. It's a Memoir. The purpose of the book isn't to state the facts of his life, but to share his experiences to teach you. Decipher the meaning and connections of those experiences and you will have confirmation of the correct solve. The book IS the ball of string that went missing. Think of it as a 1,000 piece puzzle you're trying to put together to help you solve the poem. Most of what's posted on the blogs and forums isn't relating to the interconnections of the content of TTOTC - get off the forums and blogs and go through the TTOTC very slowly. Look up everything you don't already know. Mainly - THINK.
Exactly: tripping in a dumB-buearbed fence twice, "never does that" in MWFM. Tea colors are emotions. Learning where the boundaries are(boundaries of letters- b = lo; looun-daries- COWS lough- loughing DAIRIES= boundaries. Seventh grade when he is 13 yrs old: 13=B when "married"(biddies were married) B+old= 13 yrs old. An important chapter title. Look at 4 corner letters I C E Y and forms a mirrored N. I see why. Next page is DEEP and normal N. I see why deep. What's a mirrored N(in)? Out. ICEY OUT. I SEE OUT, you see out a window. I posted about finding the Phoenix, and what it shows you. It shows you WINDOW. I'll just take the dough, have already urned it. Next page you have choices: Meat, Mate, Team, Tame, ate m; letters- Z, mirrored N twice, U, backwards C. U backwards C, you see backwards... See a little of yourself in this mirror(rearview mirror) if your 12 yrs old or older...like 13 yrs old? Bold!! n+n=m so you could say n's eat m. ALL IN HOW TO SOLVE POEM IF you know where to start it. But does that really mean what you think it does? It takes awhile to learn to read Forrest but not impossible. He sent me an email about 3 years ago, I parsed it immediately, WOW! It took me about an hour to get it right, on the 12th try, but was worth it, what a day. See what I did there? Parsed it immediately yet took me an hour to get it right, an aberration, what most people catch. But that's just 1st layer camouflage, cause I slipped in the math formula two hours x 12= day. This was the level of depth you had to produce to get into it, to get it tied down. Tied is 4-4, for all. 4/4 is D's. 3 • now turn cell or labtop right 90°. Thar she is lol

(08-10-2018, 08:58 PM)Mindy Wrote: [quote="doodlebug" pid='205084' dateline='1533941525']
[quote="Mindy" pid='205065' dateline='1533920410']

Yes, understanding awareness is key.

Begin "a" ware wore m-over-w(40) ate ers halt. Skirts fly up around the heads of the smug. When you learn Fennish, it just clicks. Kinda like this: https://youtu.be/aVVURiaVgG8

There is more to this line, one must bring it to a slow boil.

You see he tells you he is a liar when you start solving the poem. This is the best clue!

https://youtu.be/UutK8FXjNOQ