Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The answer is blowin' in the
08-11-2018, 06:29 PM,
He said wind might harm it: https://mysteriouswritings.com/nature-ma...rest-fenn/

Mr Fenn, in relation to the final resting place of the chest, which of the 4 natural elements (Earth, Wind, Water, Fire) would mostly compromise it resting? ~ James.

"I know what the question is. I don’t think earth can hurt it, under the right conditions wind might affect it, it’s probably already wet, and look at what fire did to the twin towers. Nature makes her own rules, James, so I try to not be absolute when talking about her."

By my count there are 29 uses of wind/window(s)/windscreen/windy etc in ttotc and tftw. By my reckoning, the odds of obtaining that many chance occurrences of words with the root, "wind", in 55,000 words of English prose is about 1 in a billion billion: too many occurrences to chalk up to chance. Do you feel lucky???

wind/windows in TFTW

If the wind had not been just right, I might have walked past those
great beasts, totally oblivious of that wonderful experience.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the governor went around back and
climbed through the bathroom window.

The wind was to her back so she couldn't get our scent.

From his upstairs window he watched the largest ticker tape parade in
history as the five-star General of the Army sat high in traffic,
reverentially waving to the adoring masses and accepting the praise
that many thought he so abundantly deserved.

It was reported in the press that entire rolls of toilet tissue went
streaming and careening out of windows and onto the street, thrown by
some who were not so much addicted to the general's aura, as to a
desire to join the merriment of the moment.

The apartment was cozy-small and from the drawing room where we were
sitting it was impossible not to notice that the carpet was heavily
worn and somewhat threadbare in a straight line from a window by my
chair, through a nearby door, to a window in the adjacent room that
overlooked the street. [Here we have two uses of "window" in the same sentence!]

The gentle nudging of the wind provides an ambience that is almost
talismanic to me, and I love the privacy and stillness.
(He loves the stillness when he's nudged by the wind. THAT is an aberration.]

Because the wind was brisk, Charmay and I decided to have
our soup and sandwich sitting in the room where no one had eaten
in more than 500 years.

Those ruts are long gone, but the trail is still visible and passes
less than 50 feet from my library window.

TTOTC

window

i wa sure a window pane somewhere in mississippi wa about to break

it wa easy to justify the time i spent in spanish class looking out of the big window that wa adjacent to my desk

it wa on the second floor and a beautiful old iron slide down fire escape wa just outside that window

so on occasion when miss ford wa writing spanish word on the blackboard i'd quickly slip through the window and down and away

to miss ford out the window meant out of sight where i couldn't cause her any trouble

she'd stay inside the house with her nose pressed against the window and watch

sometimes when it wasn't too cold i'd get even with my father for switching me by jumping out of the window by my bed and walking down to the cemetery which wa just a block north of our house

chapter: gypsy magic chapter heading: katy rr track figure caption: the main street cowboy in the spring when the weather wa warm i used to raise the window that wa at the side of my bed and put my pillow on the sill

if my head wa in the window i could hear the sound and instantly knew what it wa

chapter heading: west yellowstone figure caption: my one room cabin in paradise with curtain on the window but no heat no water and no plumbing

he rolled the window down and yelled "you're canned"

the billowing cloud seemed to frame the task ahead and with a small window open i enjoyed the ever present aroma of sage and juniper

i know olga's spirit wa pleased when her white bone fragment flittered through the small window and softly floated down to a place where the chamisa and mountain laurel were blooming and chipmunk scurried around all year

she didn't answer but just kept nodding and looking out of the window

WORD = wind

it wa a soothing sound and sometimes i think i can still hear it when the wind is out of the east

it didn't help that the wind blast during ejection had jerked the helmet off of my head

the giant tree bent over and limb broke a a shock wave of wind and noise blasted me to my core

the climb out wa smooth a usual and the jungle through my windscreen wa a deep green and covered with tree 300 foot high that seemed le and le important a we clawed for altitude

But Lubbock was windy, flat and sedentary, and we could hear the mountains calling.
08-11-2018, 06:59 PM,
RE: The answer is blowin' in the
So are we looking for a “Wind”ow in nature someplace.
08-11-2018, 07:33 PM,
(08-11-2018, 06:59 PM)Kettle Corn Wrote: So are we looking for a “Wind”ow in nature someplace.

Like water I came. And like wind I go. —Omar Khayyam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
08-11-2018, 08:00 PM,
Window to me is an opening. Open ledge or windowsill. An actual place with a view as if your looking through tube with the opening on the opposite end it’s your window. And the wind can possibly effect the chest while sitting just there on the sill. Oh hell what do I know.
08-11-2018, 11:37 PM,
"James, sew I(1) tri(3) to(2), knot be.." James 13(B) 2, knot B. What's it give you? I get the same location over and over again. Some have figured Out the first TWO clues and then...
08-12-2018, 02:26 PM,
(08-11-2018, 08:00 PM)Kettle Corn Wrote: Window to me is an opening. Open ledge or windowsill. An actual place with a view as if your looking through tube with the opening on the opposite end it’s your window. And the wind can possibly effect the chest while sitting just there on the sill. Oh hell what do I know.

The only reference to wind that I've caught in the poem is "lee" in "quick lee". Maybe I missed one.
08-12-2018, 03:11 PM,
The poem to me is a starting a path and a direction to the finish! Simple as that. Find a start follow the path and then you have to get out and search the last. There is nothing hidden or metaphors in the poem... so many and too many people are schredding the poem to bits! It’s a start it’s a down it’s and up it’s a left and a right. Then get out and look! That’s it! Nothing more. Now that is the way I see it if others see it different ok, I for one will not over cook or disect it. Keep it simple. With that said the poem has brought me to a place that is recognizable to the stories and drawn art from TTOTC. It’s too easy!
08-12-2018, 04:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 04:38 PM by dude here.)
(08-12-2018, 03:11 PM)Kettle Corn Wrote: The poem to me is a starting a path and a direction to the finish! Simple as that. Find a start follow the path and then you have to get out and search the last. There is nothing hidden or metaphors in the poem... so many and too many people are schredding the poem to bits! It’s a start it’s a down it’s and up it’s a left and a right. Then get out and look! That’s it! Nothing more. Now that is the way I see it if others see it different ok, I for one will not over cook or disect it. Keep it simple. With that said the poem has brought me to a place that is recognizable to the stories and drawn art from TTOTC. It’s too easy!

I agree. I really only have the starting area, but the first two stanzas are pretty straightforward. You just have to solve the clues. I'm pretty sure I have the direction to go, but I'm not confident I have the landmarks.
08-12-2018, 04:49 PM,
(08-12-2018, 03:11 PM)Kettle Corn Wrote: The poem to me is a starting a path and a direction to the finish! Simple as that. Find a start follow the path and then you have to get out and search the last. There is nothing hidden or metaphors in the poem... so many and too many people are schredding the poem to bits! It’s a start it’s a down it’s and up it’s a left and a right. Then get out and look! That’s it! Nothing more. Now that is the way I see it if others see it different ok, I for one will not over cook or disect it. Keep it simple. With that said the poem has brought me to a place that is recognizable to the stories and drawn art from TTOTC. It’s too easy!

you're not listening good.
08-12-2018, 10:03 PM,
The poem to me is a starting a path and a direction to the finish! Simple as that. Find a start follow the path and then you have to get out and search the last. There is nothing hidden or metaphors in the poem... so many and too many people are schredding the poem to bits! It’s a start it’s a down it’s and up it’s a left and a right. Then get out and look! That’s it! Nothing more. Now that is the way I see it if others see it different ok, I for one will not over cook or disect it. Keep it simple. With that said the poem has brought me to a place that is recognizable to the stories and drawn art from TTOTC. It’s too easy!