Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fenn is clever...sleight of hand, switcheroo, take the bait
08-11-2018, 06:52 PM,
fenn is clever...sleight of hand, switcheroo, take the bait
So Fenn is smart, perhaps a genius. He knows I,t and has known it as long as he can remember. It is not special to him he was born that way and it is all he knows. What he really is striving for is to be clever like Eric SLoan. TToTC is a nice little book, cute stories and anecdotes punctuated with the more serious “My war For Me”. Over all it is a pleasant, albeit short read.
“Gold and More” contains the poem and the introduction to the chase. This is where Fenn would exercise his clever streak. He would lead us all down the path of believing he hid a small bronze chest in the wilderness and that we could find it by following nine clues that were hidden in the poem.
In fact, Fenn never says he hid the chest. He states; “So I decided to fill a treasure chest with gold and jewels and secret it -leaving clues on how to find it for any searcher willing to try.” Then he buys the chest, then fills it, he puts in the final necklace and closes the lid. Fenn is careful with the next few lines of the story. “There must be a few Indiana Jones types out there, like me, ready to throw a bedroll in the pickup and start searching, with a reasonable chance of discovering a treasure chest containing more than twenty troy pounds of gold.” Notice Fenn says “a treasure chest” not the, this, that, or the one I just described. He says “a treasure chest”. This means that there could be an alternative chest, and this is the sleight of hand, the bait and switch. For he goes on to say “I knew exactly where to hide the chest, so it would be difficult to find but not impossible. He says he knew where to hide it, not that he hid it. He continues: “It’s in the mountains somewhere north of Santa Fe.” Yes, the chest that we are really looking for is already in the mountains north of Santa Fe, but it is not the one Fenn described in detail, it is one that has been there for over a hundred years, and you would have a reasonable chance of finding it but Fenn throws another curve. The poem is vague and will fit almost any path you can develop. That’s not the curve. The curve is, even if you do find the right starting point you will almost certainly fail, because the first two clues put you right on the treasure, and you will ,in your haste, travel directly away from the chest down a canyon too far to walk, never to be seen again. Although Fenn likely designed the poem before GE and other helpful sights, they have made it more difficult to find the treasure, for if you should look at “the spot” you will simply think it is the starting point and you will instantly begin scanning around for the next clue.
08-11-2018, 07:10 PM,
RE: fenn is clever...sleight of hand, switcheroo, take the bait
If you are disbeliever, I encourage you to find another hobby. Obviously you don’t have vision imagination and the belief of this chase is real. BUZZ KILL. I for one will believe Mr Fenn and his Chase.
08-11-2018, 07:31 PM,
I know the chest is out there and I am sure the poem will lead to it if followed precisely. I have absolutely no doubt. I am just showing an option that is clever, as Fenn has told us he wishes to be.
08-11-2018, 08:33 PM,
That’s good to hear. I do believe there is a chest full of everything he said is there. And some I think the and some is very valuable. A bronze plate enscribed with a message and a value to the finder, it can’t be paper the message has to withstand any element that it’s near it has to stand the test of time.
08-11-2018, 10:21 PM,
(08-11-2018, 08:33 PM)Kettle Corn Wrote: That’s good to hear. I do believe there is a chest full of everything he said is there. And some I think the and some is very valuable. A bronze plate enscribed with a message and a value to the finder, it can’t be paper the message has to withstand any element that it’s near it has to stand the test of time.

Did you assume the plate is bronze rather than brass? I don't think that
brass gets as dark as bronze while oxidizing.
08-11-2018, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 11:21 PM by DeeepThnkr.)
(08-11-2018, 07:10 PM)Kettle Corn Wrote: If you are disbeliever, I encourage you to find another hobby. Obviously you don’t have vision imagination and the belief of this chase is real. BUZZ KILL. I for one will believe Mr Fenn and his Chase.

(08-11-2018, 08:33 PM)Kettle Corn Wrote: That’s good to hear. I do believe there is a chest full of everything he said is there. And some I think the and some is very valuable. A bronze plate enscribed with a message and a value to the finder, it can’t be paper the message has to withstand any element that it’s near it has to stand the test of time.

Like parchment perhaps.
08-12-2018, 07:09 AM,

There is a bronze plaque at the end of the path. It sits at the entrance to the prayer labyrinth at The cathedral of ST. Francis in Santa Fe.It reads;

" The labyrinth's path is like the path of life.There are twists and turns and feelings of being lost, encounters with others on your path,the thrill of accomplishment at the center, and sometimes a flash of insight before returning"

This should sound very familiar to all who participate in the chase. It is a message from Fenn.
08-12-2018, 11:03 AM,
That’s good to hear. I do believe there is a chest full of everything he said is there. And some I think the and some is very valuable. A bronze plate enscribed with a message and a value to the finder, it can’t be paper the message has to withstand any element that it’s near it has to stand the test of time.
08-12-2018, 11:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 11:15 PM by DeeepThnkr.)
It was a hint, not an opinion, sorry.

But at the same time fit into the discussion for parchment lasts longer than paper. Which is why it was used in a story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You should not need to look up any words- so clever and in DeeepThnkr 7 589 07-29-2018, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  more hand Chris Yates 1 1,142 12-23-2016, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Hand in pocket pidmt 22 9,390 05-30-2016, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Hammertime
  Dal - real person or hand puppet Chris Yates 13 6,772 03-05-2016, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Chmaanta
  Hand written notes from Fenn Milan 3 1,354 01-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Tim Nobody