Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm still trying to figure out what 500/200 actually means...
09-05-2018, 10:31 AM,
I'm still trying to figure out what 500/200 actually means...
Is Fenn talking about elevation or length, or one for each? Those two numbers might actually be clues/hints, and big ones. Helpful ones. Straight to the treasure ones.

And, when Fenn said that the box isn't under a man-made structure, could it be next to one? Say a dam or a reservoir?

Just things to think about during our 6 month hiatus.
09-05-2018, 10:57 AM,
RE: I'm still trying to figure out what 500/200 actually means...
(09-05-2018, 10:31 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Is Fenn talking about elevation or length, or one for each? Those two numbers might actually be clues/hints, and big ones. Helpful ones. Straight to the treasure ones.

And, when Fenn said that the box isn't under a man-made structure, could it be next to one? Say a dam or a reservoir?

Maybe it has something to do with the time of day.
09-05-2018, 06:20 PM,
(09-05-2018, 10:57 AM)Daniel A Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 10:31 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Is Fenn talking about elevation or length, or one for each? Those two numbers might actually be clues/hints, and big ones. Helpful ones. Straight to the treasure ones.

Maybe it has something to do with the time of day.

How do you reckon that?
09-05-2018, 07:12 PM,
thats what is stumping you? talking about length, not elevation. either way, if you know the spot, 200ft in any direction, unless digging through earth 200ft which I doubt, would be a problem.

it could be anywhere, except where he says its not, if he is being true to us. So of course it could be near a dam, a resevoir, a lake, a river, a tree, a road, a trail, anywhere.

I'm stuck on where warm waters halt, and this is what perplexes you? move on

Cruiser likes Mustard FJ40's, do you?
09-06-2018, 11:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2018, 12:01 AM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
I think if you have the treasure sitting on a certain spot, then you move away from it 200 feet for the few active searchers who have come within a 360 degree radius of it, and then move away further from it 500 feet for the many people who have passed it probably on a road/canyon of some kind that Fenn is quiet aware of.....

X Treasure Box
x (Active Lookers BOTG within 200 feet) Searchers who have
. told Fenn exactly where they have been within a 360 radius
. of it.
x--(People driving/traveling on a fixed road/canyon 500 feet away from the box not actively searching for it that Fenn would know about without being told)----
09-07-2018, 06:42 PM,
(true) I get many emails, (true) people write and tell me where they have been. Doesn't mean the writings are not 100 years old
09-08-2018, 02:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2018, 02:21 AM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
Honestly, if there are searchers who have been "within" 200 feet of the Treasure Box, why hasn't there been more???, and why hasn't anyone already stumbled over it??

For the most part, we all kind of think the same way.

Even the 200 feet one can be a fixed road/canyon.

Fenn has told searchers that there isn't a human trail "near" it....How close or far is "near"?
09-08-2018, 08:08 PM,
A "searcher" can be a cow looking for a salt lick. Be careful with what he says outside the poem.
09-12-2018, 04:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 04:46 PM by Gravity.)
If the treasure chest would be within 200 feet of a road, there wouldn't be a "human trail" in close proximity and many searchers would have "went" right past ist.

I think it could be very close to a road or a train station / rail. This would also explain why nobody has stumbled upon it because they werent BOTG but Boot on the gas pedal Wink

I didn't read the books, but maybe there is something in the books he always saw on the way to his fishing spot or Yellowstone when he was driving by.

Edit: Or maybe he was watching cars / trains / boats drive by and this is his "special" spot.

Edit2: It could even be a small airport, where he could watch planes start and land which are only 200 feet away from his spot. And if you are in this plane you would be in a 200 feet range. (Very unlikely but a possibility).
09-12-2018, 09:03 PM,
Honestly, I think that Fenn made this poem easy, it's just us searchers who are making it hard.

I think that the 500 feet one is a road, (I guess that is far enough away from "not near a human trail") that's why he keeps saying (few/many) people have been within 500 feet.

And, some searchers who told Fenn where they were, those were the searchers who wound up being within 200 feet. But, I also think that the reason they didn't know that they were soo close is because at the time, they weren't really looking for the treasure box, per se. It was only by happenstance that some were soo close.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When will you figure this out? Shadetree 20 3,161 07-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Just in case you can't figure it out imsunbuddynow 19 3,158 03-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Last Post: old drum