Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fenn's Searchers Documentary Release!
09-10-2018, 02:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 03:18 PM by BigToeMedia.)
Fenn's Searchers Documentary Release!
To the searcher community - I am excited to announce the public release of the Fenn’s Searchers documentary!

The film is available for purchase on Amazon, here’s the link:

https://amzn.to/2PZt0XN

This has been in the making for 3.5 years, and wouldn't be possible without the support of the searcher community. Special thanks to Forrest Fenn, Sacha Johnston, James Gulden, Max Lynde, Cynthia Meachum, David Rice, Dal Neitzel, Marc Howard, Mary Wolf, Tom Walker, and all the searchers I've met over the years at Fennboree and elsewhere.

For those that are able to support this independent film, I greatly appreciate it. For those unable to, the plan is to make it free to stream for all Amazon Prime members in the coming months.

Matt Maisano
Producer/Director of Fenn's Searchers
http://www.facebook.com/FennsSearchers
09-10-2018, 04:42 PM,
RE: Fenn's Searchers Documentary Release!
Really? Pass. Talk about a lot of effort marketed towards a very limited audience. I guess if one can't find the treasure, one can always try to benefit from it anyway.

Cruiser likes Mustard FJ40's, do you?
09-10-2018, 05:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 05:34 PM by BigToeMedia.)
(09-10-2018, 04:42 PM)93cruiser Wrote: Really? Pass. Talk about a lot of effort marketed towards a very limited audience. I guess if one can't find the treasure, one can always try to benefit from it anyway.

Hi 93cruiser, first I wanted to say I completely respect your opinion, and also understand the weariness of anyone "profiting" from the chase. I'd like to response not from a place of defensiveness, but one of transparency. I think it's important for media to have a continued dialogue with the searcher community.

This is a film made primarily by one person, me. My ex-wife Deborah did a fantastic job on the art, animation, and helping with the sound. That's it. There's no big company here.

I did this out of passion for the hunt and the story of the people involved in it. I figured I could use the skills I have as a filmmaker to document other's stories, and share those stories.

The film cost $9,000 spread over two years, most of my life savings. In the over three years of working on it, I had not made a penny on the film until it was released last week. I've now sold 56 copies, totaling about $135 to me (Amazon takes half).

I simply share this to say that I did not make a documentary to make money. Anyone that does will most likely be very disappointed haha, as it's very difficult to make a profit on a documentary.

Anyway, I hope this does not come off the wrong way, I just wanted to provide some insight. I do respect your opinion and those of the other searchers.

Thanks

-Matt
09-11-2018, 12:00 AM,
Someone named "BT" on Amazon gave it a one-star review, but apparently didn't buy it or watch it, but gave it a low review based on his/her opinion of documentaries about people that have not yet found the chest. That person ("BT") is not me.

If I have time later this year, I may buy it. In any event, thanks for investing the time, money, and effort Matt.
09-11-2018, 06:49 AM,
I purchased and watched it this morning, and I loved it!

It was fun to watch the searchers enjoy the adventure that most of us have already discovered because of Fenn.

Easily worth an hour and costs less than a small coffee at Starbucks.

Great job to Matt Maisano and cast! Two thumbs up !!

Milan
------------------------------------------------------------------
"The search is supposed to be fun. f"
09-12-2018, 09:14 AM,
(09-11-2018, 06:49 AM)Milan Wrote: I purchased and watched it this morning, and I loved it!

It was fun to watch the searchers enjoy the adventure that most of us have already discovered because of Fenn.

Easily worth an hour and costs less than a small coffee at Starbucks.

Great job to Matt Maisano and cast! Two thumbs up !!

Milan

Thanks so much Milan! Very happy to hear you liked the film, and I appreciate the support!

Good luck on your search!
09-12-2018, 01:48 PM,
(09-11-2018, 12:00 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Someone named "BT" on Amazon gave it a one-star review, but apparently didn't buy it or watch it, but gave it a low review based on his/her opinion of documentaries about people that have not yet found the chest. That person ("BT") is not me.

If I have time later this year, I may buy it. In any event, thanks for investing the time, money, and effort Matt.

Thanks Beavertooth, it was a lot of fun along the way. Good luck in the search! Stay safe out there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest Fenn Documentary (Filming) williamjwestaway 0 363 08-07-2018, 04:33 AM
Last Post: williamjwestaway
  Searchers Clues to other Searchers 93 26,635 12-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  Casting Call! Forrest Fenn feature documentary rwaite 3 2,230 10-13-2015, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Xavier
  Forrest to take part in new documentary in 2014 germanguy 9 2,394 03-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Last Post: germanguy