Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very interesting Fenn quote
09-10-2018, 08:05 PM,
I dont know if many of you caught this comment, but a The Flip Side video recently discussed an exchange between Seannm and Forrest regarding Fenn's statement from 2014 in which he says that it was not likely that a searcher would be 12' from the chest and not find it.

Here is the link of the Q/A:

https://youtu.be/3qvjQXYKAME?t=2786

Sean: In June 2014, you had mentioned in Scrapbook 78 that it was not likely that anyone would get as close as 12' from the treasure and not find it. Based on that, now four years later, do you still believe this to be the case?

Forrest: Better not answer that question Sean, sorry. -f

Sounds to me like the location of the chest has been covered by some natural phenomenon, like a rockfall; erosion is constant in the wilderness. Perhaps a searcher has sent Fenn a picture of the area and f doesnt want to give away the changed state of the hiding place. All of this might make finding the chest a lot harder.
09-10-2018, 08:12 PM,
RE: Very interesting Fenn quote
Maybe he just doesn't want to answer because it would give too much info.
09-10-2018, 08:29 PM,
Maybe he suspects someone has found the chest, but isn’t certain.

razyfamily
09-11-2018, 02:14 AM,
No
Someone has been within 12feet but they are the worst searcher ever and ran out of time on that trip

Being Good at solving the poem and searching effectively are two very different things

Someone proved Forrest wrong to his surprise
09-11-2018, 04:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 06:23 AM by OmeOmy.)
IMO, key phrase: "in there". This phrase is mentioned in the poem and Forrest's "The Lure" comments. A searcher may need to be extra vigilant and mindful of the whims of Nature when in or near their predetermined search area or spot.
EDIT: For clarity, I'm not saying "in there" is a poem clue but likely, IMO, a descriptor of F's "very special place."

The Lure excerpt:
“If you look the word burial up in the dictionary, it talks about sepulchering, about entombing, and there’s all kind of definitions.  Quite frankly, it’s very confusing.  So I don’t want to answer the question whether the treasure chest is buried or not.  Let me give you an example: if I laid the treasure chest on top of the ground, and some weeds blew in there and covered it up, now is it buried or isn’t it?  Is it sepulchered?  Is it entombed. So, it’s best not to go there I think.  The clues will lead you the treasure and whether it’s buried or not, you can find it if you find the blaze as a result of starting with the first clue.  That’s what you have to do.”
( http://mysteriouswritings.com/forrest-fe...or-hidden/ )

Just a best guess.
OO
09-11-2018, 09:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 09:33 AM by TheLastCrusade.)
This makes me happy

He has stopped dropping big hints.
I sent him a picture of the chests final location.
I've literally stood on top of it and didn't know it. Honestly I'm an idiot for not noticing while I was there. We'll, I did. I just had doubts at the time it was in there.
09-11-2018, 10:05 AM,
(09-11-2018, 02:14 AM)mrmagicarovrumrebel Wrote: No
Someone has been within 12feet but they are the worst searcher ever and ran out of time on that trip

You are being too hard on yourself. Good luck on your next trip.

Smile
09-11-2018, 10:50 AM,
(09-11-2018, 10:05 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 02:14 AM)mrmagicarovrumrebel Wrote: No

You are being too hard on yourself. Good luck on your next trip.

Smile

No, I am the most planned yet unprepared, motivated but lacklustre, crazy but sensible, paranoid yet ballsy confident searcher I know

The few people I told about the last day activities on my last 9000 mile trip, and a particular innocuous tool that I forgot to take is goin to be a very funny-not funny mistake that is going to cost me another 9000 mile round trip

If I Do end up ending this then nobody can say I haven’t earned it
09-12-2018, 05:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 05:50 AM by OmeOmy.)
(09-11-2018, 04:47 AM)OmeOmy Wrote: IMO, key phrase: "in there". This phrase is mentioned in the poem and Forrest's "The Lure" comments. A searcher may need to be extra vigilant and mindful of the whims of Nature when in or near their predetermined search area or spot.
EDIT: For clarity, I'm not saying "in there" is a poem clue but likely, IMO, a descriptor of F's "very special place."

The Lure excerpt:
“If you look the word burial up in the dictionary, it talks about sepulchering, about entombing, and there’s all kind of definitions.  Quite frankly, it’s very confusing.  So I don’t want to answer the question whether the treasure chest is buried or not.  Let me give you an example: if I laid the treasure chest on top of the ground, and some weeds blew in there and covered it up, now is it buried or isn’t it?  Is it sepulchered?  Is it entombed. So, it’s best not to go there I think.  The clues will lead you the treasure and whether it’s buried or not, you can find it if you find the blaze as a result of starting with the first clue.  That’s what you have to do.”
( http://mysteriouswritings.com/forrest-fe...or-hidden/ )

Just a best guess.
OO

I consider it cringe-worthy when a blogger replies to their own post but, after giving this a bit more thought, I wanted to add another comment.

I have no doubt Forrest was/is well aware of the natural world's ability to modify itself and, in conjunction with time and relative to The Chase, will do its best to cover his handiwork that occurred when he 'hid' the TC. Too, the poem doesn't appear, IMO, to lead a searcher to a specific SPOT, and the searcher is required to "find" the TC upon discovering his "very special place." Thus, I believe the actual spot is disguised and will look reasonably natural, but Forrest left just enough 'evidence', IMO, to pique the curiosity of an intuitive and alert Chase enthusiast. The great unknown for all is what nature has done to his special place considering the time factor. An additional unknown for us (searchers) is the level of protection from the elements inherent to F's special place.

IMO, F had to mark the specific spot in a way that appears natural but is conspicuous enough to reveal a human touch. So, it's possible we're faced with a human hand attempting to emulate nature in a place where nature will do what it does best - being genuinely natural. I believe a searcher will need to focus on details with a very keen eye once reaching F's special place, but how is that different from any other aspect of The Chase?

Of course, we can only speculate as to F's reason for not providing insight to Sean's recent question, but the above seems plausible.
OO
09-12-2018, 08:18 AM,
(09-12-2018, 05:43 AM)OmeOmy Wrote: I consider it cringe-worthy when a blogger replies to their own post
OO

It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Fenn Quote -- New To Me Beavertooth 0 553 04-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Looking for a Fenn quote on the hidey space GoneAlone 18 3,418 09-29-2017, 11:25 AM
Last Post: FennMaster
  Clarification of a Fenn quote. true north 7 3,832 10-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Sociologist analyzation of FORREST FENN! Very Interesting! lkjackson321 1 1,201 06-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Last Post: tomwhat