Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have been wise and found the blaze...??
09-13-2018, 03:19 AM,
If you have been wise and found the blaze...??
In the poem, Fenn only mentions making it to a creek and looking down. He says nothing about a blaze being there to direct you, just that you should know what it is by that time.

When I get in my car and turn the key to start it, I don't have to check under the hood every time to make sure that the engine is there. Get my drift.
09-13-2018, 09:05 AM,
RE: If you have been wise and found the blaze...??
(09-13-2018, 03:19 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: In the poem, Fenn only mentions making it to a creek and looking down. He says nothing about a blaze being there to direct you, just that you should know what it is by that time.

When I get in my car and turn the key to start it, I don't have to check under the hood every time to make sure that the engine is there. Get my drift.

Gordon,

I never fully comprehend what you're talking about, but, I enjoy it all the same. It's definitely not your standard fare.

Maybe in a few years, you can publish a companion guide for all your postings.
09-13-2018, 02:56 PM,
If searchers are looking for heavy loads and water high, and Blazes, they are going to be very disappointed.

WWWH, is a place
Take the Canyon down (an action)
Not Far (this is put in first) meaning you don't go far down the canyon...(Put in below the home of Brown - (This is a Stop Gap, and the searcher needs it to know when to stop walking))...but too far to walk (this is at the end, meaning if you didn't stop after getting to Brown) then you have walked right passed it.
From "there" (Brown) it's no place for the meek, the end is drawing nigh (Meek means nothing, everyone is scared, I know I am) (make left turn and start walking).........Yeah YOU, Searcher!
No paddle up your creek (there is a creek) stop when you get to it...it doesn't mention anything about going up it, because it says, NO!!!!!!!! Smile
Just heavy loads and water high (descriptive of the place) that's all, you don't have to do anything like yodel.....you can if you want to though.
If you have been wise my friend and found the blaze....(here, it's not telling you to do anything, but it is a weak clue) Just acknowledgement of your surroundings. No one has to jump over the Moon.
Look quickly down your quest to cease.......that's right, walk up to the creek and pick up your reward.

I can't see Fenn walking around in circles all day, or going up and down canyons either...
09-13-2018, 04:33 PM,
You're butchering the poem. It's a dangerous game.
09-13-2018, 08:44 PM,
(09-13-2018, 02:56 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: If searchers are looking for heavy loads and water high, and Blazes, they are going to be very disappointed.

WWWH, is a place
Not Far (this is put in first) meaning you don't go far down the canyon...(Put in below the home of Brown - (This is a Stop Gap, and the searcher needs it to know when to stop walking))...but too far to walk (this is at the end, meaning if you didn't stop after getting to Brown) then you have walked right passed it.
From "there" (Brown) it's no place for the meek, the end is drawing nigh (Meek means nothing, everyone is scared, I know I am) (make left turn and start walking).........Yeah YOU, Searcher!
No paddle up your creek (there is a creek) stop when you get to it...it doesn't mention anything about going up it, because it says, NO!!!!!!!! Smile
Just heavy loads and water high (descriptive of the place) that's all, you don't have to do anything like yodel.....you can if you want to though.
If you have been wise my friend and found the blaze....(here, it's not telling you to do anything, but it is a weak clue) Just acknowledgement of your surroundings. No one has to jump over the Moon.
Look quickly down your quest to cease.......that's right, walk up to the creek and pick up your reward.

I can't see Fenn walking around in circles all day, or going up and down canyons either...

The overall method is pretty simple really, IMO. You don't have to walk down the canyon from BIWWWH to the home of Brown. Nor do you have to actually "put in" below the home of Brown. You don't have to physically go up the paddleless creek but it helps to look for the blaze with BOTG. You just need to look down on the map or GE from the blaze to where your quest ceases. From there a good map can show you where there is a peaceful place. And this is where the search really just begins. When you think you've solved most, but not the last clues, you can drive directly to the search area without following any of the clues. BOTG is needed for the final solution and GE does not help with the final clue. But GE will help to set the stage for the final solution. The end is ever drawing nigh. There are dozens of possibilities and you must be very precise as you draw nigh.

There are the obvious clues in the poem that give the general directions. But some of these same clues have dual meanings which give more specific directions and hints.

Hint: In the poem and in Fenn's ATF statements look for words within words, words with incorrect spellings (such as have for half), and words with missing parts.
You must use all of the poem to go two the gold.
09-14-2018, 11:34 AM,
Obviously, you can be in the area and not see the blaze. Being wise is a required act in order to find the blaze. However, finding the blaze is not a guarantee to locating the chest, there is still an understanding of the clues that must be interpreted correctly.
09-14-2018, 12:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 03:29 PM by John Brown.)
(09-14-2018, 11:34 AM)fabjr71 Wrote: Obviously, you can be in the area and not see the blaze. Being wise is a required act in order to find the blaze. However, finding the blaze is not a guarantee to locating the chest, there is still an understanding of the clues that must be interpreted correctly.

It's not obvious to me. There are other interpretations. He doesn't say anything about "being wise" or "finding the blaze."
09-14-2018, 02:25 PM,
Blaze is actually a weak/trick clue. Searchers are going crazy trying to figure out what it means, and that's fine, but once you reach the creek, all that is required of the searcher is to look and reach down for the box.

Heavy Loads and Water High is another weak/trick clue. And again, searchers are going mad trying to figure that one out too, and that's fine. It's very descriptive, it just shows the searcher that she/he is in the right place. You don't have to do anything with HL/WH, it just is. But again, once you reach the creek, just look around for the box.

WWWH, you must figure this one out, there's no way around it. Like Fenn said, let's not overcomplicate things.

nigh means to turn left, you're coming up fast on a creek.

And, it is true, you don't have to go down the canyon, you can go up the canyon as well. Just start from the bottom, but then you'll have to make a right, not a left.
09-22-2018, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 12:20 PM by Fgump.)
[quote="Gordon Lightfoot" pid='206309' dateline='1536868614']
If searchers are looking for heavy loads and water high, and Blazes, they are going to be very disappointed.

WWWH, is a place

Thank you Gordon! You couldn't be more WRONG with your analysis of the poem!! Yet so many other's will take what you say and blindly follow it. So thank you for misdirecting everyone that reads and believes your analysis.

By the way have you found the treasure yet? I thought not!

Thank you Gordon! You couldn't be more WRONG with your analysis of the poem!! Yet so many other's will take what you say and blindly follow it. So thank you for misdirecting everyone that reads and believes your analysis.

10-29-2018, 05:29 AM,
(09-22-2018, 12:15 PM)Fgump Wrote: [quote="Gordon Lightfoot" pid='206309' dateline='1536868614']

WWWH, is a place

Why would anyone blindly follow me?? This is just my opinion, my interpretation of Fenn's poem.

I decided not to go this year for personal reasons, but may return next year in 2019.

I emailed Fenn about not going this year, and that's about the time he changed his mind about the treasure maybe being found this year.....funny isn't it?

Who knows??....I sure don't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Really Interesting Clues found on a BOTG including "Blaze" PHOTOS! DeltaDuo 28 2,168 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Last Post: filmguy
  Question for those who have found the Blaze Mr.X 16 3,859 04-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Last Post: whatiff
Question Found the rainbow, the cold, wwwh, blaze SOLVED DeeepThnkr 11 9,131 07-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: dejoka
  If you've been wise and found the blaze FollowMeDown 6 2,116 07-02-2017, 06:38 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Anyone else found this blaze? Mindy 2 1,473 12-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  You found the blaze, now what? McKindling 17 9,809 04-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Cloudcover