Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is just my opinion....
09-13-2018, 03:14 PM,
This is just my opinion....
I know Fenn has said for us to be smart about the places we go, and about the snow and other stuff like that. The altitude, thank you very much. But, is that everything we should know?? I mean, are there other things about the chase we should know?? And, is Fenn morally obligated to tell us if there is. I can't think of any, but only he would know....is he leaving something out??

I mean, I learned about the high altitude the hard way, I went not knowing if it would effect me...and it did.

Are there still other unforeseen things that searchers don't know about, that only he would know???

I'm not asking him for anything but warnings and vital information about the search that maybe we should know about....either something that could physically hurt us, or hurt our pocket books. Not the location of the treasure.....just fair enough information.
09-13-2018, 03:24 PM,
RE: This is just my opinion....
Hurts your pocketbook? Going on a search does that. So might spending time on the blogs when you could be doing something that's make/save you $.
09-15-2018, 09:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 09:44 AM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
For instance, old drum....my search period only lasts from March 1 to Aug. 31.....I can't search the rest of the time due to certain restraints beyond my control, if my solve is correct. If my solve is correct, and I have mailed Fenn about it, wouldn't he be obligated to tell every searcher or anyone just halfway interested in the poem that between Sept. 1 through Feb. 28 or 29, most wouldn't be able to find the Treasure Box due to certain restraints.....so stay home during that period. Information like that or similar to it.
09-15-2018, 10:18 AM,
(09-15-2018, 09:41 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: For instance, old drum....my search period only lasts from March 1 to Aug. 31.....I can't search the rest of the time due to certain restraints beyond my control, if my solve is correct. If my solve is correct, and I have mailed Fenn about it, wouldn't he be obligated to tell every searcher or anyone just halfway interested in the poem that between Sept. 1 through Feb. 28 or 29, most wouldn't be able to find the Treasure Box due to certain restraints.....so stay home during that period. Information like that or similar to it.

No. Fenn isnt obligated to tell anyone anything until he learns that the chest has been retrieved. Its ENTIRELY up to the searcher to be aware of any issues, seasonal or otherwise, within their search area. If you are aware of an unusual hazard that you think people should be aware of, then speak up.
09-15-2018, 11:40 AM,
(09-15-2018, 10:18 AM)brubr Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 09:41 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: For instance, old drum....my search period only lasts from March 1 to Aug. 31.....I can't search the rest of the time due to certain restraints beyond my control, if my solve is correct. If my solve is correct, and I have mailed Fenn about it, wouldn't he be obligated to tell every searcher or anyone just halfway interested in the poem that between Sept. 1 through Feb. 28 or 29, most wouldn't be able to find the Treasure Box due to certain restraints.....so stay home during that period. Information like that or similar to it.

No. Fenn isnt obligated to tell anyone anything until he learns that the chest has been retrieved. Its ENTIRELY up to the searcher to be aware of any issues, seasonal or otherwise, within their search area. If you are aware of an unusual hazard that you think people should be aware of, then speak up.

I guess you're right, it's up to the searcher to know if their area is open for business during the time that they want to go, and to find out that information on their own.
09-15-2018, 06:03 PM,
(09-15-2018, 11:40 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: I guess you're right, it's up to the searcher to know if their area is open for business during the time that they want to go, and to find out that information on their own.

In that regard, I have posted before that on "opening day" in Yellowstone, there are a number of significant secondary roads that are still closed. They remain closed until snow removal/snow melting/road patching takes place.

There are also some large Bear Management Areas in Yellowstone that have restrictive access dates for searchers (assuming you are following regulations).
09-15-2018, 06:54 PM,
(09-15-2018, 10:18 AM)brubr Wrote: If you are aware of an unusual hazard that you think people should be aware of, then speak up.

A searcher might step on a rock or a bug could fly in their mouth.
09-15-2018, 11:16 PM,
(09-15-2018, 06:54 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 10:18 AM)brubr Wrote: If you are aware of an unusual hazard that you think people should be aware of, then speak up.

A searcher might step on a rock or a bug could fly in their mouth.

LOL
09-17-2018, 02:30 PM,
Beavertooth -

Was "LOL" intended as a response to the examples of hazards provided by John Brown or as an additional example of your own? If the latter, I can personally attest that your additional example is a legitimate description of potential conditions.

Even so, any folks holding a belief in an obligation (legal or otherwise) to inform "searchers" of that particular hazard, likely also think the Weather Channel should be a bit more clear about the possibility of getting wet when venturing outside during a hurricane.

Perhaps a boycott of Weather Channel advertisers would convince the network of its reckless disregard for public safety. Wink
09-18-2018, 11:56 AM,
This search isn't for people outside of New Mexico anyway.
If you want to spend your money and fly all over the Rockies that's on you.

But this chase started in Santa Fe, the book is only sold in Santa Fe, the first book only mentions New Mexico in the treasure chapter (NOT the Rockies).

Those with the best chance will ALWAYS be those living in NM.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinion on Blaze Daniel A 6 2,318 05-26-2017, 08:02 PM
Last Post: McFly
  Whats your opinion? James Perotti 9 2,522 01-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Last Post: James Perotti
  white splotches, request for opinion on origin ThrillChaser 2 1,282 09-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Last Post: HillJack
  General opinion - More or less liv42dy 24 13,297 04-29-2016, 03:50 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Seeking an opinion on Forrest Fenn and emailing him Tony 8 2,205 07-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Ritt Jordan