Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In one afternoon
07-10-2014, 10:20 AM,
In one afternoon
FF answered in a question from Jenny's posted on 6/19 :

I made two trips from my car to the hiding place and it was done in one afternoon.f

I just wanted to see if I could get some opinions on something. He made 2 trips to hide the TC. Easy, understandable, where he hid it is not very far from where he parked. And he finished the deed in one afternoon. OK. Does that answer also imply he returned to his house/hotel room in the same afternoon? I think that it most likely does include driving home. How bout you?
07-10-2014, 10:35 AM,
In one afternoon
No, it doesn't imply he returned to his house/hotel in the same afternoon - after all he <i>didn't</i> say that in what he wrote. Don't add or take away from what he says or writes, since that keeps wild theories under control. As for how long he was gone, I don't think you'll get a straight answer from Mr. Fenn.
07-10-2014, 11:11 AM,
In one afternoon
The question he was answering was "did you make both trips in one day?" So he is answering yes not just one day but one afternoon. Everybody gets to have their own opinion. I'm not judging, just curious. Unless he was camping he had to go somewhere, home, hotel, airport, ect.
07-10-2014, 11:42 AM,
In one afternoon
how long as an afternoon? I don't think it took him more than a half hour to do this unless he had to dig a hole, but even then I doubt it would take an ENTIRE afternoon. My thought is more that he either did something in that spot when he hid it....or he's just sort of misleading because it was "afternoon", but not the ENTIRE afternoon.

Anyone confused? Good Topic.
07-10-2014, 12:08 PM,
In one afternoon

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on July 10, 2014, 12:42 pm</b>

how long as an afternoon? I don't think it took him more than a half hour to do this unless he had to dig a hole, but even then I doubt it would take an ENTIRE afternoon. My thought is more that he either did something in that spot when he hid it....or he's just sort of misleading because it was "afternoon", but not the ENTIRE afternoon.

Anyone confused? Good Topic.
</div>

I made two trips from my car to the hiding place and it was done in one afternoon.f

So steph he went there and then did not hide it or went there and hid it and took it back or he went there and really hid something. So unless he is lying is this not another little positive for it actually been hid?

07-10-2014, 12:19 PM,
In one afternoon
In my search areas Forrest could get to his hiding spot with half his treasure between 5 minutes minimum and 30 minutes maximum. Allowing 20 minutes on each trip to place the chest and set it up just the way he wanted it plus another 15 minutes to rest and ponder before and after each trip would give a total of 5X4 + 40 + 15X5 = 135 minutes minimum, and 30X4 + 40 + 15X5 = 235 minutes maximum. So, 2 hours and 15 minutes minimum and 3 hours and 55 minutes maximum. If he had to wait for anyone else in the area to leave then it would have taken longer.

If the nearest motel to the hiding spot is between 2 and 3 hours away (for my area) then he probably would have driven to the motel on a given day, stayed overnight, left the motel with the chest in the mid-morning, arriving at the site in time to eat his sandwich and then begin his trips to the hiding spot. Before 4:30 pm he would be done and heading back to his motel, arriving no later than 7:30 pm.

In an email to me in response to a question concerning taxes on the finder of the chest, Forrest said the finder could deduct his motel costs as an expense against those taxes, thus inferring that you would probably be staying in a motel.

"Opinion becomes fact when it is verified by facts." by Mia O. Pinion
07-10-2014, 02:20 PM,
In one afternoon
Buddy, I believe his "one afternoon" did not include vehicle driving time. Why do you say he hid it not very far from where he parked? And why bother to bring a sandwhich with you if it was so close? you should see the thread entitled "Afternoon Delight" started June24th, 2014 under Breakingnews/From forest. If that is an accurate quote as you wrote it, he tells you the two trips from car to hiding place took one afternoon. There is no implied travel time in his statements. Check out the thread and see what you think, you can answer on either thread, dosen't matter.

Liv42y

07-10-2014, 02:33 PM,
In one afternoon

<b>Quote from trigace on July 10, 2014, 1:19 pm</b>

In an email to me in response to a question concerning taxes on the finder of the chest, Forrest said the finder could deduct his motel costs as an expense against those taxes, thus inferring that you would probably be staying in a motel.
</div>

Wow!! That's huge to know. Thanks trigace for sharing. *edited due to suggestion lol*
07-10-2014, 02:45 PM,
In one afternoon

<b>Quote from trigace on July 10, 2014, 1:19 pm</b>

</div>

I guess travel expenses to get to and from the search area would be deductible too then. Sweet!

mdavis19
07-10-2014, 04:31 PM,
In one afternoon
You all do know he has a travel trailer right? LOL

Shhh they aren't listening.