Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Codes and Cyphers
03-13-2018, 04:25 PM,
RE: Codes and Cyphers
(03-13-2018, 04:18 PM)Kermit Wrote: Fenn never said codes and ciphers weren't involved. He simply said knowing about them wouldn't help.

Knowing how to drive a car won't get you to your destination, driving the car will.

I always considered Fenn's the list of subjects (ciphers, bible verses, etc.) to be the poker hand dealt, mentioned at the beginning of TTOTC, where four of those items (4 cards) will help solve the Fenn riddle, with one of those subjects being the Joker that seems to apply but leads you in the wrong direction. I could be completely wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. LOL

I don't have the Treasure Chest, but I'm not discounting things that might help just because of Fenn's classic double-speak.

I find it's best to keep an open mind, Kermit.

Thanks for sharing your view on the poker poem. There's a lot of people who focus on this, many of them go way to deep into it IMO, but who knows.

03-13-2018, 04:41 PM,
(03-13-2018, 04:25 PM)knighterrant Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 04:18 PM)Kermit Wrote: Fenn never said codes and ciphers weren't involved. He simply said knowing about them wouldn't help.

Knowing how to drive a car won't get you to your destination, driving the car will.

I always considered Fenn's the list of subjects (ciphers, bible verses, etc.) to be the poker hand dealt, mentioned at the beginning of TTOTC, where four of those items (4 cards) will help solve the Fenn riddle, with one of those subjects being the Joker that seems to apply but leads you in the wrong direction. I could be completely wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. LOL

I don't have the Treasure Chest, but I'm not discounting things that might help just because of Fenn's classic double-speak.

I find it's best to keep an open mind, Kermit.

Thanks for sharing your view on the poker poem. There's a lot of people who focus on this, many of them go way to deep into it IMO, but who knows.

Discussions of that page should include: I'M WAITING FOR SHIPS THAT NEVER COME IN .

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/...omein.html
03-26-2018, 12:35 AM,
(03-13-2018, 04:19 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 01:36 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: I think that the (reported) number of deaths in Hiroshima and Nagasaki
due to atomic bombing -- 66,000 -- may be significant to FF, although
he was not responsible for those deaths.

I don't know where you got the number "66,000" for the number killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki but it is nonsensical. You don't use two significant figures on a number for which the first significant figure is unknown. We know the exponent: 4. Thus, for both cities, the immediate death toll was in the tens of thousands. The estimates of the immediate death toll at Hiroshima are about 80,000 with substantial uncertainty. The estimates of the Nagaski death toll seem to have greater uncertainty and run from 40-80,000. Many more died from radiation sickness over the coming months. It is likely that as many as were killed by radiation poisoning as were killed by the blast.

Actually, death from acute radiation syndrome was about 15% of total deaths. I.e., the majority died either immediately from blast and heat, or shortly (within 60-90 days) thereafter as a result of traumatic injuries from blast and heat.
-Barbara

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Codes, cyphers, in the poem, James Perotti 61 15,843 03-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Circus_Maximus