Not logged in. Login - Register


All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Therell be no "paddle" up your creek - Wait, what?
08-05-2014, 11:52 AM,
#21
Therell be no "paddle" up your creek - Wait, what?
Thanks Ripsaw. I'm starting to lean your way on the fishing angle. So you leave your equipment at the bottom by the river, and hike up to the source/lake at the top. It makes sense.
Reply
08-05-2014, 01:03 PM,
#22
Therell be no "paddle" up your creek - Wait, what?
I like where this is going, confirming my own suspicions.



Do you take the main channel all the way up, or do you follow the feeder washes?
Reply
08-05-2014, 02:13 PM,
#23
Therell be no "paddle" up your creek - Wait, what?


<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on August 4, 2014, 7:26 pm</b>

IMO...This line of the poem is paraphrasing the old adage..."up the proverbial creek with out a paddle", which means you have a problem(in our case a puzzle) with no apparent solution...The way the line is worded "there'll be no paddle up your creek" means to me that "this line has no part in the solution to your puzzle"...in other words, this line has no value as a clue in itself...



However it could be paired with the next line because of the word "Just", indicating to me that if the former line has no value as a clue, only the words that follow "Just" have meaning as a clue...



..."Just" the way I read it... Smile
</div>


I had read it ... no paddle / punishment ... but a "just" prize .. a heavy load of gold.



( That was a secondary read, not necessary for the flow, but just part of the way Forrest lodes the phrases and flow )



Reply
08-05-2014, 07:31 PM,
#24
Therell be no "paddle" up your creek - Wait, what?


<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Going for Guns on August 4, 2014, 7:39 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on August 4, 2014, 7:26 pm</b>

The way the line is worded "there'll be no paddle up your creek" means to me that "this line has no part in the solution to your puzzle"...in other words, this line has no value as a clue in itself...
</div>
So you are saying Forrest Fenn purposely wasted a line in the poem? This has no link at all to your solution?</div>
</div>


Yes, Guns..That is what I'm saying and it isn't the only wasted line in my solution, there is another one...



I said it has no value as a clue in itself, didn't say it did not have a link, just not in the way you would expect...Just not as a clue...



In my solution, which I admit is a unique approach to the poem, the references to natural topographical or geological features is mostly a distraction from the true meanings of the lines wherein they are found...They exist in the poem, but not on a map...Only the search location is a place on a map, at least to me, and it is well hidden within the poem...



In my solution, I found a key and unlocked the poem to reveal what was hidden inside...Words not seen any other way which tell me where to go, the search location...And WWWH is the starting point, but there is no water of any type at this place...



I know this doesn't make sense to anyone but me...Maybe that will change at a later date... Smile
Reply
08-05-2014, 07:50 PM,
#25
Therell be no "paddle" up your creek - Wait, what?
"Yes, Guns..That is what I'm saying and it isn't the only wasted line in my solution, there is another one...

And WWWH is the starting point, but there is no water of any type at this place..." SS



wow...Gutsiest move I ever seen Mav
Reply
08-05-2014, 08:00 PM,
#26
Therell be no "paddle" up your creek - Wait, what?


<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on August 5, 2014, 8:31 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Going for Guns on August 4, 2014, 7:39 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on August 4, 2014, 7:26 pm</b>

The way the line is worded "there'll be no paddle up your creek" means to me that "this line has no part in the solution to your puzzle"...in other words, this line has no value as a clue in itself...
</div>
So you are saying Forrest Fenn purposely wasted a line in the poem? This has no link at all to your solution?</div>
</div>


Yes, Guns..That is what I'm saying and it isn't the only wasted line in my solution, there is another one...



I said it has no value as a clue in itself, didn't say it did not have a link, just not in the way you would expect...Just not as a clue...



In my solution, which I admit is a unique approach to the poem, the references to natural topographical or geological features is mostly a distraction from the true meanings of the lines wherein they are found...They exist in the poem, but not on a map...Only the search location is a place on a map, at least to me, and it is well hidden within the poem...



In my solution, I found a key and unlocked the poem to reveal what was hidden inside...Words not seen any other way which tell me where to go, the search location...And WWWH is the starting point, but there is no water of any type at this place...



I know this doesn't make sense to anyone but me...Maybe that will change at a later date... Smile</div>
</div>


Sam, your solution makes perfect sense to me. I too see things hidden in the poem by the distracting use of flamboyant phrasing. It took me years of looking at the damn thing before I started to see the infrastructure hidden under the flashy facade. I'm not sure all the prominent features should be ignored. I see the hidden clues more as defining the starting point for following the prominent clues. They narrow down near infinite possibilities to very few, or even only one.



mdavis19
Reply
08-05-2014, 10:37 PM,
#27
Therell be no "paddle" up your creek - Wait, what?


<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on August 5, 2014, 8:31 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Going for Guns on August 4, 2014, 7:39 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on August 4, 2014, 7:26 pm</b>

The way the line is worded "there'll be no paddle up your creek" means to me that "this line has no part in the solution to your puzzle"...in other words, this line has no value as a clue in itself...
</div>
So you are saying Forrest Fenn purposely wasted a line in the poem? This has no link at all to your solution?</div>
</div>


Yes, Guns..That is what I'm saying and it isn't the only wasted line in my solution, there is another one...



I said it has no value as a clue in itself, didn't say it did not have a link, just not in the way you would expect...Just not as a clue...



In my solution, which I admit is a unique approach to the poem, the references to natural topographical or geological features is mostly a distraction from the true meanings of the lines wherein they are found...They exist in the poem, but not on a map...Only the search location is a place on a map, at least to me, and it is well hidden within the poem...



In my solution, I found a key and unlocked the poem to reveal what was hidden inside...Words not seen any other way which tell me where to go, the search location...And WWWH is the starting point, but there is no water of any type at this place...



I know this doesn't make sense to anyone but me...Maybe that will change at a later date... Smile</div>
</div>


You make complete sense to me. I'm just glad I live closer, Mr. Smith. You made my previous point for me; however, much more eloquently. Smile
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wait, don't tell me AccountAtAGlance 10 1,043 01-17-2018, 12:25 AM
Last Post: dampenedmyth
  Wait! Back to the museum! TrapperJ 12 1,558 10-31-2017, 05:16 PM
Last Post: BLHamrick
  No Paddle up your creek..... Gordon Lightfoot 6 1,769 07-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  No paddle up your creek 2cents 3 1,171 04-19-2017, 11:20 PM
Last Post: 2cents
  Do I buy the book? Or wait on others to post free clues for me Code Fenn 21 5,563 04-27-2016, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  An uphill climb (without a paddle) liv42dy 2 673 07-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Last Post: true north

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Contact Us | ChaseChat - Forrest Fenn's Forum | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication