Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But tarry scant with marvel gaze
08-20-2014, 11:48 AM,
I figured out this line, I'm sure of it.

Looking at the whole stanza:

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
If you've been wise and found the blaze,

Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
</div>

Once you get to Forrest's "secret where", look down (either literally or figuratively) and bam there's the Chest. Ok good you got it. You want to quickly get it home or get to a press conference or whatever. But then he says "but". But is a word that indicates a change in the direction of a sentence. Like "you're pretty, but your nose is too big" or "I want a BLT but with no tomato."

But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
</div>

You found the Chest, but wait a minute. "Tarry" has synonyms of stop, stay, loiter, pause. Scant can mean "little". Marvel gaze; curious looking.

Stop for a little while and look around. What are you looking at? Well, we don't know yet.

Just take the chest and go in peace.
</div>

Perhaps what you are looking at is not the majestic scenery, but curious artifacts near where the Chest is secreted away. You consider taking some of these antiquities, and in your mind ask Forrest what else you should stuff in your backpack. He's already answered you, "Just take the chest".

What got me started thinking this way was reading about the Hinds Cave in Texas. I think Forrest may have discovered a dry preservation cave like the Hinds Cave only up in the Rockies, complete with artifacts. He never told anyone about it, and went there to enjoy his collection in its natural state. He's asking you not to disturb the site by taking all the artifacts, just leave them there.

This would be a fine place to hide his Chest. If it has been dry and solid enough to preserve artifacts for thousands of years, his Chest will be fine for a thousand more.

This is what he means when he hints of riches new and old. The old treasures of prehistoric people, and the new treasure he left there. That this ancient cache of artifacts has not yet been discovered by modern man proves it's a perfect spot to hide the treasure to keep it hidden.

The Chest is in a cave. I suspected it before, but now I'm convinced.
08-20-2014, 12:30 PM,
If you read the information on the topic I posted called -- The Rocky Mountains; this could also explain that and how it would be more difficult to find it in the future, but not necessarily referring to where the chest is located, but perhaps referring more to the clues leading up to the Blaze? The location of the chest must be able to stand the test of time, but that doesn't mean that the other clues won't get harder to solve as time goes on with reference to geological features(Of course, symbolism, metaphors, "ideas" or deeper/double meanings may not be as prone to the effects of time, but I will use this just in reference to physical features, since we ARE searching for a physical place). The location of where the actual treasure IS, does though, or a torrential flood, earthquake, fire, etc., could potentially destroy the location and render finding it useless. In the end, it must/needs to be somewhere that it will be somewhat safe until it's discovery. I'm just wondering how MUCH it would be affected by moisture in "the dry cave situation", for we know the reasons why he said he used wax to seal the lid to the autobiography and also the necklace being put in a plastic bag? -- Not saying it couldn't be in a cave, but if in a cave, what characteristics are we looking for in that, that would also match up with his other statements?

Good thinking Tomwhat!! We need more of it. :-)

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-20-2014, 12:35 PM,
Tomwhat much of what you are saying is figuring in my solve. I agree with almost all of it. The reason for tarry scant with marvel gaze I have assigned a different meaning though.
08-20-2014, 12:56 PM,
tomwhat your explanation says the tarry scant with marvel gaze comes after you found the chest but it comes before you found the chest in the poem

08-20-2014, 01:13 PM,
Be a little difficult to take possession of something that's not in front of you or within your view or not somewhat within being in your possession. "Quest to cease" comes before "take".

I have objects all over my house that although I'm not holding them in my hands, doesn't mean there not mine. When out hiking and looking around for arrowheads, the moment your eyes see the prize laying there on the ground, you know it's yours. It has been found. The SEARCH IS over. All that is left is to pick it up. :-)

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-20-2014, 02:57 PM,
Please, by all means, come sit at the table........

8O Who's doing the giving, besides the one who already gave it?

Or are we at Zales in the mall, looking behind the glass display case? :-) Will I be waiting for a hologram of ff to suddenly appear and say, "you've been wise my son, but tarry scant with marvel gaze, just take the chest and go in peace?" :-)

But as Yates said, and you now also, this COULD be a another scenario? Hmmm........? Nah. :-)

08-20-2014, 03:05 PM,
Loco, I figured you better than that. :-) Are you out drinking whiskey and shooting prairie dogs again? Gotta watch out for them prickly pears this time a year, they can be hallucinogenic. :-) :-)

08-20-2014, 03:54 PM,
i think it can be easy to underestimate the poem

tarry scant with marvel gaze i think is critical information that is needed to still get to the location of the treasure, and i wouldn't even make any assumptions as to how far away you are distance wise at that point

i think the poem is so precise it is likely that you havent truly and fully arrived at the chest, until the word "chest"

if someone thinks the last line of stanza 4 is simply saying take the chest and go, i would advise heeding Fs warning, it is risky to discount ANY of the words

08-20-2014, 04:11 PM,
He also said right before that, "There are a few words in the poem that are not useful in finding the treasure."

I just think there are those who are doing a quite wonderful job at making something that is already difficult enough, ........even more difficult.

Good luck with that.

08-20-2014, 04:24 PM,
"But tarry scant with marvel gaze" -- I think IS important information. I just see it in a different way than you do. :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yes!!! Marvel gaze! :-) I almost peed myself when I saw this DeeepThnkr 2 571 07-13-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Beefstew
  Can you see a marvel gaze with a marvel maze. mikemarcum878 2 504 06-21-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Marvel Gaze Mindy 37 5,123 06-19-2018, 03:27 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  The Blaze is Tarry scant ser 4 2,691 01-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: FennMaster
  Tarry scant Timraywa 7 1,404 01-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Last Post: ser
  Marvel Gaze timrawa 24 7,083 09-23-2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: McFly