Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I buy the book? Or wait on others to post free clues for me
07-29-2013, 09:57 AM,
Not all but some folks seem to upload pages of TTOTC of threads and forget that your hard earn money money bought the book, and others are just waiting for you to post vital clues so they don't have to work hard. Keep this up and the person who didn't buy the book or done his or her research may likely be the one to find the treasure soon. Just something to think about...
07-29-2013, 10:17 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Code Fenn on July 29, 2013, 10:57 am</b>

Not all but some folks seem to upload pages of TTOTC of threads and forget that your hard earn money money bought the book, and others are just waiting for you to post vital clues so they don't have to work hard. Keep this up and the person who didn't buy the book or done his or her research may likely be the one to find the treasure soon. Just something to think about...
</div>
There aren't any vital clues in the book.Forrest said there are only subtle clues in the book other than the poem.I had one person recently say they had an epiphany while looking at the post marks.Which is fine,but the person acted as though everyone else was clueless for not chatting about the what they thought was all so obvious(postmarks thread).Then when it was stuck in their face they went mum.Evidently they are not so confident.

07-29-2013, 10:44 AM,
As one who has adopted the strategy of not looking at the book, I can safely say I haven't gained much, if anything at all, from the small excerpts posted here and on other forums. Any info from the book has been random and without context, somewhat meaningless without the bigger picture from the book. It's like going to a bar with your friend's co-workers. You hear all these snippets of work related stories and gossip, but you can't picture what, or who they're even talking about, since you are out of that circle. Going by what some have posted from the book, I have heard about frogs, Skippy, fishing, postmarks, a school teacher, and wild illustrations, but they have absolutely no meaning to me.

The book only costs around $35, so I doubt if people are spying in hopes of saving a big chunk of money. And I also don't think it's about hitching a free ride to gain knowledge about some great hotspot. Again, it wouldn't make sense if you didn't research it yourself, it would still be disconnected information. And I also think the attraction to this hunt is in actually doing the research yourself, the self-pride gained working all those late nights to unravel the riddle.

Personally, I can hit the road and have the book bought in less than an hour, as I'm not too far from the book store. I'm just trying to take the road less traveled, a strategy of ignorance and simplicity, since most others have the book and the chest is still out there. I think I speak for other "non-bookers" when I say I am not trying to glean info about the book from this forum. If that were the plan, then just buying the book would be so much more easy and effective. Hope this helps. Boo
07-29-2013, 10:59 AM,
in my opinion they are tons of clues I would say 75 maybe you just have to know them when you see them definitely get the book an it is a great read also
07-29-2013, 11:06 AM,
Hi Code Fenn, it certainly couldn't hurt to buy the book. Just because other people that have the book, haven't found the chest, doesn't mean much. Finding clues in the book is like the saying that, "Beauty is in eye of beholder". Our perception, is as individual as our fingerprints.
07-29-2013, 12:41 PM,
I am glad I bought the book. I enjoy reading other people's ideas online too. Dunno,seems like the best of both worlds. Of course some might say it is best to go to the original source for the most accurate information. I also agree with that point of view.
07-29-2013, 04:07 PM,
Buying the book also helps support a good cause. If you can afford the book, buy it.
07-29-2013, 04:32 PM,
By all means buy the book. Forget the treasure. Mr. Fenn has crafted a fabulous set of stories that are well worth the price and the quality of the book is top notch. I particularly loved the story of lassoing a buffalo from an old car and being hauled all about the meadows of Yellowstone....I am still laughing and wish I was there to witness it. Many of my search sites I have felt match with the stories in the book geographically and with "subtle hints" references with Time, Painters of large note, Green Tea, School room escapes, bottle caps, homely girls, the big W, the Thrill of the "Chase" as in lost wax bronze castings etc. Please buy the book and have some fun with it.
07-29-2013, 04:51 PM,

It's obvious that until the treasure is found we cannot claim what hints or clues exist in the book. I do respect the purists who are NOT using the book, only the poem. I miss the innocence of first reading the poem and NOT having the dang book. If I may quote one Forrest Fenn, upon being questioned:

Are there clues in the book? Fenn: "Yes, because the poem is in the book." Word.

However, I did buy the book; I had to have it. It's interesting, and it just might help with the search. It's the home of Poem.

I've written all through my book. I've read it enough times that my pile of books is jealous and taunts me. I take lengthy breaks from it, like a clingy partner. Having said that, I also believe that every word, phrase, anecdote, story, or physical feature has misled many people in many ways. I'm sure the accounts bring smiles to Fenn when he reads them (shaking his head yes and no at the same time).

Our dilemma with the book is sorting out what is useful and what is not, and because we don't know, we keep every feature of the book at hand. I'm cautious with it, and wary of the obvious.

Has anyone tried to weigh the book? Or taste it?

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

07-29-2013, 06:22 PM,
Based soley on my own experiences which it should be noted have not produced the bronze chest of note, I believe that Mr. Fenn may have in fact written at least some of the stories in the book around specific geographic and physical features that he thought people would be drawn to. Perhaps this is just misdirection, but it is fun to identify a spot that you believe perfectly matches the poem and also then matches certain aspects of the stories in the book. To me it just adds to the excitement and entertainment value. After many failures, I do not put much stock in matching so called subtle hints in the book with finding the treasure. I have been unblemished by success in finding the bronze chest of note, but I did in deed find a gold chest with great spiritual significance that I estimated might have at one time contained 30 lbs or so of gold and still contains remnants of gold today. Only the poem will lead to the chest however, but it is fun to think that you might have found a hint in the book when it matches your latest search. I am no longer so confident as I once was and have been humbled beyond measure to Mr. Fenn's great amusement I am sure. Good luck to all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wait! Back to the museum! TrapperJ 11 522 09-14-2017, 04:57 AM
Last Post: ROLL TIDE
  Collection of Statements here, not clues and not from the book. whisperer 68 5,322 05-25-2017, 01:51 AM
Last Post: The Count
  April 16–24 National Park Week (free admission) 23kachinas 0 901 04-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Last Post: 23kachinas
  Hidden treasure, a book with a poem containing clues...the model FF used? Jack 2 1,036 11-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Wild Goose
  Free crunch wraps at Taco Bell this morning Buddy Allen 2 523 11-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Free Knowledge John Brown 7 1,853 11-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Last Post: HIPS