Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
in the wood - possible interpretations
12-02-2015, 08:04 PM,
RE: in the wood - possible interpretations
Not such a crazy thought. So many contradictions in what Forrest has said and written , it could be anywhere.
Shhh they aren't listening.
12-02-2015, 08:18 PM,
When I'm in my poem purist mode solution I only look at the poem itself...so the inside of "wood" is just OO. Where it represents both the double omegas and also the 00 on a roulette wheel. Roulette kinda connects with frosty being the ruler, the handmade wooden marble/wheel, The " last inch that counts", the extra green spot or the "win" for the house (green light that would have represented eternity/double omegas in Eric's death waiting at red) etc. I don't want to give away the rest of the solve but it makes a little mort sense in context of the other clues but I do think that "in the wood" is certainly "OO" I don't think that's the whole clue...but it's two alpha numeric characters of the clue which is ultimately that whole sentence.

I will also say that I am pretty confident that is the nature of the black/red/and green as well with the white numbers and center pin...the board tracks the black and red which are referred to as "hot" and "cold" but that's just how the odds fall in the context of my solve if it helps anyone
12-02-2015, 08:19 PM,
Nice idea, roulette double zero
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
12-03-2015, 06:29 AM,
Being a southern guy from Northeast Texas, I spent a lot of time outdoors. We hunted in the wood, or sometimes said, in the woods. Both meaning the same, as the forest is the woods. Woods were any large gathering of trees and underbrush in a location, be it on a mountain, on a bluff, in a canyon, in the bottoms, or on a hill.

Maybe it is different for other areas. I knowing that Mr. Fenn was from Texas, think this is simply him saying out in the woods. Shrugs, maybe I am wrong, but I feel this is a simple clue.
12-03-2015, 07:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 07:40 AM by astree.)
(12-02-2015, 07:22 PM)Jack Wrote: Just a crazy thought but if you saw National Treasure 2, remember the Resolute Desk? Could the poem lead to something similar. Ben Gates was brave and in the wood.

The "OO" in the wOOD is something I have worked with.

This also creates the lemniscate / lazy eight symbol for infinity.

"O" is ought / aught

wood / would / ought

"O" is a ring / tree ring

astree
=====

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

“Poetry is the art of saying what you mean but disguising it”
12-03-2015, 08:33 AM,
blazed -

there is no sure in this! I thought I had the correct "in the wood" solution on 2 other occasions. I was 100% but then the solve led me away from it. It was a shame, too... it worked so damn nicely.

So please, do share! I can assure you it won't influence my solution in the least. I'm done working on it until spring.

Rock!
12-03-2015, 01:03 PM,
(12-03-2015, 07:59 AM)mountain digger Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 07:09 AM)blazed Wrote: in the wood is the only clue I'm sure of, but I've never seen anyone post the correct solve for it, pretty surprising.

WOW! Congrats! Here's your chance to shine! Please do share as this thread is about possible interpretations and we're all anxious to hear yours.

Come on people! Brave and in the wood is an obvious reference to rodeo clowns.

....slinks away....
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
12-03-2015, 06:08 PM,
in the wood - possible interpretations
In one of my early solves I used 'in the wood' as a euphemism for book research (most paper being a wood product). I was taking the whole last stanza as the poem's way of letting us know we had to check the 'word' clues (listen) against a 'written' document (paper), probably a historic document (kept in a cold archive), to understand how to claim 'title'.
12-05-2015, 07:41 AM,
One interpretation I have is Neck.

If you are brave you stick your neck out. / Neck of the woods

Secret method for making threads on a jar... Neck of the jar.
12-05-2015, 08:14 PM,
(12-02-2015, 05:55 PM)decall Wrote: I clearly see multiple meanings... how else would fenn write a masterpiece so brilliant.

correct

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo In the wood, by the wood, contemplating if it's worth the cold In The Would 5 953 10-28-2018, 03:36 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Interpretations of f's comments DeeepThnkr 4 5,756 08-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr