Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Fenn's DNA Hair inside the Chest...
12-07-2017, 11:39 PM,
RE: Fenn's DNA Hair inside the Chest...
(12-07-2017, 07:45 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Daniel A - Yes, I talk to FF often through emails. That however does NOT mean he emails back.

FF told me the puppy looks like a Willie ... so his name is Willie. There are a couple of videos on Scrapbook 185. FF filmed one using his cell phone. Cynthia shot the other of Willie & the Phile.

@dejoka - I have ONLY my memory ... NO notes at all. The reason I'm so sure about those things is because they were extremely important to MY solve.

Thanks Becky
12-08-2017, 09:25 AM,
To me I always saw Fenn putting hair in the chest as an ego trip.
But, it may be psychological like he's afraid of death and hope aliens come and reconstruct him from his hair DNA.

Maybe it's a little of both.

Either way hair DNA does not last long at all and it's probably already deteriorated.
12-08-2017, 10:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 10:21 AM by geydelkon.)
Interesting and funny I suppose. What is Willie short for? ( "Your effort will be worth" )

An Indian Scout and A Saint.

MX
http://titletothegold.com/home/

12-08-2017, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 12:51 PM by Becky from WV.)
@filmguy - You mentioned that FF's DNA is "probably already deteriorated". I did NOT realize that ... so I looked it up. Here's what I found.

The decay rate of DNA depends on the conditions of its storage and packaging. Above all, it depends on whether the DNA is exposed to heat, water, sunlight, and oxygen. If a body is left out in the sun and rain, its DNA will be useful for testing for only a few weeks. If it’s buried a few feet below the ground, the DNA will last about 1,000 to 10,000 years. If it’s frozen in Antarctic ice, it could last a few hundred thousand years. For best results, samples should be dried, vacuum-packed, and frozen at about -80 degrees Celsius. Even then, ambient radiation is likely to render DNA unrecognizable before it celebrates its millionth birthday.

We know that FF's DNA has NOT been stored & packaged under ideal conditions. So you may be correct. The rule of preserving DNA seems to be ... the colder the better. How does that help us identify the hidey spot? Maybe it should.
12-08-2017, 01:24 PM,
We don't know that...Could Forrest have put the hair in honey,or,amber for long term storage purposes?
12-08-2017, 03:22 PM,
Forrest is very knowledgeable about cave material, and I’ve always expected that the chest was in a rock overhang, or cave. Buried would be the next best method.

This has been discussed many times over the years, but I believe it’s not likely that the chest is just sitting out in the open. The sun beating on the bronze chest would create extreme temperatures inside that would melt the hermetic seal on the olive jar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-08-2017, 03:46 PM,
My only concern with a cave, or even a rock overhang, would be that both of those places attract artifact hunters like a blinking neon sign.The chances of it being found or stumbled upon by chance, or by a non chase participant would be much greater...Just some thoughts.
12-08-2017, 06:33 PM,
Maybe the cave/overhang thing was just wishful thinking. That leaves buried. I don’t like that one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-12-2017, 09:48 AM,
@crazyfamily
IMO I think "weak" describes how you will find the TC. Look at the OE definition of weak and you will see why I say that. It will be "seen" if you are nearby the spot. But, in my trip only, there are 100,000 (more like 1 million, but I didn't count) of these ledges or spots to place the chest into so I don't believe anyone would even suspect a trove was there.
You need to know nearly exactly which of these spots to look in to find the TC.
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blaze inside the poem FollowMeDown 34 2,751 09-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Do you think Fenn wants the chest to be found soon? GoneAlone 17 4,751 06-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: illinoisghost
  Seeker, inside the mind of a searcher at work! will197532 4 1,280 06-02-2017, 05:34 AM
Last Post: n2mini
  Would you notify Fenn immediately if you found the chest? GoneAlone 24 6,177 07-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Indy
  If Fenn should pass away before the chest is found... GoneAlone 11 2,384 07-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Last Post: djjmciv
  Will the chest location be Fenn's final resting place? The Count 2 1,265 03-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Last Post: The Count