Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stumped on the stump
11-02-2013, 08:52 PM,
Stumped on the stump
Sam-

Yes, thank you, for that description of the fowl-nested waning crescent.

The 23 stumps has caused considerable consideration. But why would Allen Polt, a rather talented and noted oil painter, use multiple copies of some of the stumps when they could be sketched fresh in a matter of seconds? And, while we're at it, why would he trace or be asked to trace known Rockwells, and even trace multiple patterns and body parts within the same simple sketch such as the Biddies drawing? Identical arms, hat profiles, body shapes and textures, and some reproduced in mirror images. He sure went to such effort or non-effort with the pen and ink. Perhaps John Charles would know. It reminds me of just how pleased Forrest was to receive a note from a parent calling him a fraud...

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

11-02-2013, 09:21 PM,
Stumped on the stump
Couldn't miss'em..while some may think these as hints, I think it has more to do with Mr. Fenn's feelings for the environment. The drawing in TTOTC pg 146 suggests the question: Where will the birds nest when the forests are gone and will it matter to you?
11-02-2013, 10:53 PM,
Stumped on the stump
Sam-

Yes, thank you, for that description of the fowl-nested waning crescent.

The 23 stumps has caused considerable consideration. But why would Allen Polt, a rather talented and noted oil painter, use multiple copies of some of the stumps when they could be sketched fresh in a matter of seconds? And, while we're at it, why would he trace or be asked to trace known Rockwells, and even trace multiple patterns and body parts within the same simple sketch such as the Biddies drawing? Identical arms, hat profiles, body shapes and textures, and some reproduced in mirror images. He sure went to such effort or non-effort with the pen and ink. Perhaps John Charles would know. It reminds me of just how pleased Forrest was to receive a note from a parent calling him a fraud...

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

11-03-2013, 12:05 AM,
Stumped on the stump
Halogetter...picked up on that faux pas in TTOTC and with the pencil drawings in TFTW attributed to Dan Bodelson...perfectly repeated patterns in stones and grasses as well as perfectly copied bison heads only scaled differently...don't know why, only it's there in black and white for all to see...BUT in the poem and clues NOT!

Use as hints if you think needed, there are too many in words and colors in the stories for one to worry about...artists are a breed unto themselves, so are publishers when they layout illustrations...and, respectfully. so are former art dealers turned writers... Smile

EDIT: Guess I should have said editors not publishers there...all tend to take license however...
11-03-2013, 12:15 PM,
Stumped on the stump
His father is buried in block 4, row 23. In the axman drawing, there are 23 stumps and the stars form a "4". Page 44, the photo captioned "Helping Father make firewood" FF's pose is mirror image of the axman's pose. P.144- photo of "my father". Line 23 of poem- "If you are brave and in the wood". Remember, the poem was written by an "architect".
11-03-2013, 06:35 PM,
Stumped on the stump
Numbers? Don't need no stinkin' numbers!...numerology systems won't find this box! IMHO Smile Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dove, Axe, Stump -- Though Silent He Speaks nkown 3 1,232 03-25-2018, 07:36 PM
Last Post: nkown