Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Asterisk 2
04-07-2017, 04:16 AM,
The Asterisk 2
Since the last thread I created was sabotaged, thought I'd try again.

Here are how I think the clues are laid out. IMO.

[Image: e964719544947d0ba7eb76551b205095.jpg]

Remember how F said his experiences converged? That's how I picture it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
04-07-2017, 05:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2017, 05:20 AM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
RE: The Asterisk 2
#Mindy

Did you get any sleep last night? Smile The last time I saw a diagram like that, it was an old clock from 1956 that I had bought from a garage sale. LOL!!

I must say though, Mindy...I must be crazy or something, but I see the poem a lot more different than others on the blogs. But, that's what makes it interesting....and that doesn't mean that mine is correct either.

Gordon
04-07-2017, 05:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2017, 06:05 AM by Mindy.)
(04-07-2017, 05:15 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: #Mindy

Did you get any sleep last night? Smile The last time I saw a diagram like that, it was an old clock from 1956 that I had bought from a garage sale. LOL!!

Gordon, I slept like a baby. Smile

Yeah, it does remind one of a clock, doesn't it? Smile

(04-07-2017, 05:15 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: #Mindy

I must say though, Mindy...I must be crazy or something, but I see the poem a lot more different than others on the blogs. But, that's what makes it interesting....and that doesn't mean that mine is correct either.

Gordon

I see it differently than most, too, Gordon. Maybe someday I'll post more about my methods. Smile

Mindy's blogs:

04-07-2017, 07:38 AM,
This is similar to how I felt the medicine wheel could work.

Funny about the clock lol. Totally

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
04-07-2017, 10:56 AM,
Some may see an asterisk, I see a circle with a bulls-eye in the center Wink

down with the evil twin

04-07-2017, 12:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2017, 12:10 PM by crazyfamily.)
The Asterisk 2
(04-07-2017, 04:16 AM)Mindy Wrote: Since the last thread I created was sabotaged, thought I'd try again.

I like this concept, but like everything about the chase, I try to tear it apart to see if it still works.

So here goes...

Forrest said if you don't know where it is, go back to the first clue. He also said if you don't have the first clue, you don't have anything.

In your clue diagram why would the first clue be more important than the others?
04-07-2017, 02:06 PM,
(04-07-2017, 04:16 AM)Mindy Wrote: Since the last thread I created was sabotaged, thought I'd try again.

That's one of the ways Ive pictured the "trip" that we're to follow using the clues.
Point to point travel, from one clue to the next.
All criss-crossing like a star, with the "special spot" at the center.

This would eliminate Forrest having to give clues as to how to get within 12 feet of the chest (walk 15 steps, turn left, go up 30 paces, turn right, kind of thing).

But then I've also considered exactly how Forrest could do this, when he hid the chest in his secret spot. .
Was it simply a matter of taking the GPS coordinates of his spot, and then drawing equidistant lines through it?

I'm no expert, at all, but what if the lines fall on places out in the boonies somewhere, almost impossible to get to?
Or places that are virtually non-descriptive in nature?

Or maybe the lines don't go out that far from the centre, so he's referencing "places" that are closer in distance to the secret spot, say a radius of 20 miles. But again, how did he find and describe all these points that are equidistant?

I recently read about the winner of a treasure hunt (forget which one)....but the winner was a solar physicist, something like that. I've been on the lookout for one to befriend, but no luck yet.
04-07-2017, 03:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2017, 04:00 PM by Mindy.)
The Asterisk 2
(04-07-2017, 03:03 PM)Butch Wrote:

Perfect! I need to solve roughly half the poem (4 clues) and then search the crosshairs! Thanks, Mindy!

You are welcome! Good luck! Smile

(04-07-2017, 02:06 PM)TheTrueNorth Wrote:

That's one of the ways Ive pictured the "trip" that we're to follow using the clues.

This would eliminate Forrest having to give clues as to how to get within 12 feet of the chest (walk 15 steps, turn left, go up 30 paces, turn right, kind of thing).

But then I've also considered exactly how Forrest could do this, when he hid the chest in his secret spot. .
Was it simply a matter of taking the GPS coordinates of his spot, and then drawing equidistant lines through it?

I'm no expert, at all, but what if the lines fall on places out in the boonies somewhere, almost impossible to get to?

Or maybe the lines don't go out that far from the centre, so he's referencing "places" that are closer in distance to the secret spot, say a radius of 20 miles. But again, how did he find and describe all these points that are equidistant?

I recently read about the winner of a treasure hunt (forget which one)....but the winner was a solar physicist, something like that. I've been on the lookout for one to befriend, but no luck yet.

I think perhaps we need to expand our maps. One point could be Philadelphia. Another could be Temple.
For example, his family drove from Temple to West Yellowstone. Two points on one line.

From there, the next clue could be from Laos to Philadelphia (I don't know how that actually lines up--just using it as an example).

The next clue might be Santa Fe to wherever...

Etc...

Still allows the clues to be followed in consecutive order. Still satisfies the so called "rules," whatever they are.

(04-07-2017, 12:06 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:

I like this concept, but like everything about the chase, I try to tear it apart to see if it still works.

So here goes...

Forrest said if you don't know where it is, go back to the first clue. He also said if you don't have the first clue, you don't have anything.

In your clue diagram why would the first clue be more important than the others?

I don't know the answer to that right now. That's something I'll have to think about. But knowing F, there's a way to make the impossible possible.

(04-07-2017, 03:49 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 03:03 PM)Butch Wrote:

Perfect! I need to solve roughly half the poem (4 clues) and then search the crosshairs! Thanks, Mindy!

You are welcome! Good luck! Smile

(04-07-2017, 02:06 PM)TheTrueNorth Wrote:

I think perhaps we need to expand our maps. One point could be Philadelphia. Another could be Temple.
For example, his family drove from Temple to West Yellowstone. Two points on one line.

From there, the next clue could be from Laos to Philadelphia (I don't know how that actually lines up--just using it as an example).

The next clue might be Santa Fe to wherever...

Etc...

Still allows the clues to be followed in consecutive order. Still satisfies the so called "rules," whatever they are.

(04-07-2017, 12:06 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:

So here goes...

I don't know the answer to that right now. That's something I'll have to think about. But knowing F, there's a way to make the impossible possible.

Oh wait! I see what you're saying.

"It" is located in the phrase "...why is it that I must go..."

Think Street Smarts...

Heck, I might delete this in a bit, but "it" is I 25. Smile

Mindy's blogs:

04-07-2017, 04:15 PM,
Forrest says the 9 clues are contiguous and solved consecutively.

How does your layout satisfy those non-negotiable conditions?
04-07-2017, 04:41 PM,
The Asterisk 2
(04-07-2017, 04:15 PM)kinasta Wrote: Forrest says the 9 clues are contiguous and solved consecutively.

How does your layout satisfy those non-negotiable conditions?

Contiguous simply means "touching upon" or "sharing a common border." The 48 states are contiguous, yet spread out. Contiguous can also mean in sequence. The Asterisk still works--you "marry" two points to a map by connecting them. When you marry a person, you join two people. When you marry a clue to the map, you join two points.

The clues are consecutive, but the starting point is not wwwh. The starting point is IT. Before you know what wwwh is, you have to know what IT is, or "where" it is.

Mindy's blogs: