Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarification on Forrest's Comments
04-18-2017, 01:17 PM,
RE: Clarification on Forrest's Comments
(04-18-2017, 01:09 PM)Snowrider75 Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 11:32 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: I believe I have heard FF say there are 9 clues in the poem, and subtle 'hints' in the book, TTOTC. But - on page 133 - "There are also other subtle CLUES sprinkled in the stories. It was vital that nobody share my knowledge about the location of the treasure. Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead."

SO... should we be looking for someone mentioned (or not) in the book as a clue?

Possibly. One maybe who has passed away.... It is very difficult to tell based on how FF words things.

I keep going back to things he's said like:

- "There are many places where warm waters halt and nearly all of them are north of Santa Fe. Look at the big picture" (Which means WWWH is not the first clue, IMO, and the message as a whole tells the area WWWH.)

- "a comprehensive knowledge of geography might help" but topology (studying place names, origins, meanings) will not.

- "most of the places the clues refer to" existed when FF was a kid. (The clues refer to places).

- There are 3 or 4 clues in the second stanza. This is a response from FF when asked if he was telling the truth when he was asked by a reporter about there being 3 or 4 clues in the second stanza. He said he did not remember a reporter asking that question but he was telling the truth.

He didnt remember because it wasnt asked, but ib terms of the chase, he hasnt ever lied and has always told the truth... The person that knows his secret is deceased, i personally think its captain kidd (hes the old purate in his family) and forrests resting place is the same place as captain kidds treasure! Thats why he wants the chest to wind up in the Smithsonian. Thats why its the only place he has ever considered and wouldnt do it anywhere else. The places existed wheb he was a kid but the clues didnt cause he didnt write them until later in life.
04-18-2017, 01:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017, 01:28 PM by Snowrider75.)
RE: Clarification on Forrest's Comments
That's my take on it too as far as the clues didn't exist when he was a kid because he didn't write them when he was a kid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interpretations of f's comments DeeepThnkr 4 4,902 08-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Forrest comments on Ghost Adventures illinoisghost 6 1,579 04-24-2018, 05:49 PM
Last Post: whatiff
  Forum comments old drum 0 928 09-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Last Post: old drum
  Some comments from Old Drum old drum 0 681 05-25-2017, 08:48 AM
Last Post: old drum
  Clarification of a Fenn quote. true north 7 3,832 10-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  The Much Hyped Solve (comments here) Mindy 8 5,887 08-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Last Post: samsmith