Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does everyone...
05-20-2017, 12:21 AM,
RE: Does everyone...
I have had a bunch of different solves, all taking the same basic approach - throw some spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks. THEN the poem suddenly made sense, it told me where I need to go - an amazing feeling that I do think I could only arrive at by trial and error, playing with the meaning of words, etc.....one day, it just made sense and now it's what I consider my "solid solve" and I'll be out looking in the area I need to go next week (if the weather finally cooperates, which the forecast says it will).
05-20-2017, 07:39 AM,
John,
Tell me about your computer algorithm... did you simply put the text of the 2 books and poem in?
I would imagine the computer would chose something near west Yellowstone right?
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
05-20-2017, 08:32 AM,
(05-20-2017, 07:39 AM)decall Wrote: John,
Tell me about your computer algorithm... did you simply put the text of the 2 books and poem in?
I would imagine the computer would chose something near west Yellowstone right?
Decall, my undergrad is in computer science, and one of the first things you learn about programming is an algorithm is only as good as the programmer or more specifically their assumptions.
05-20-2017, 11:54 AM,
What we learned from Deep Blue, was that the key break-through came because other chess experts were able to put the correct values on the correct pieces and positions... like the value of king cover. I've heard that modern chess engines put a very very large number value on the king so the computer can give it the proper context.
This essentially is my question for John Brown.... how does he assign the correct values on the existing words??
We are all computers with our own algorithms.... all trying to determine what is important....
the fallacy is our pre-conceived notions of what is important
trying to read the mind of Fenn
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
05-21-2017, 07:20 AM,
"...trying to read the mind of Fenn" with a twist, where do we learn to do that?
whatiff returns, have a long recovery, but I'm back... and Thankful...
It's all hidden within the book..
letter x letter...word x word...sentence x sentence...paragraph x paragraph...page x page
05-22-2017, 12:32 PM,
I have some familiarity with Data Science & Machine Learning. In my opinion the poem can't be solved using Natural Language Processing (NLP) Machine Learning techniques.