Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Fenn 7"
05-19-2017, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 06:32 PM by The Wolf.)
The "Fenn 7"
It is often said by the greater normal population that if you want to round up all the lunatics in the world, start a treasure hunt. Lets be serious for a moment, what do your friends and family think of your impulsive treasure hunting addiction? The "Fenn 7" might actually be the percentage of people who are sane in his treasure hunt.

Those who have read my book, might have picked up on my parody of the crazies in the Chase - if not check out my alien dream scene where I spoofed a former searcher about his theory that the treasure is in an alien womb. There is no shortage of crazy stories associated with the Chase, there are those who break into FF's yard, follow him around, dig in his neighbours yard,stalk his granddaughter and cause him to acquire restraining orders against searchers.

HoD tightened up early and fired the loonies and they flocked here to make it home for a spell. It was entertaining for many but there is a limit. Recently, Old Drum outed the latest members of the Fenn 7:Eldorado and lostowl.

In the past we have had female impersonators claiming to be conducting a "socially experiment". Gold fever seems to push many borderline normal people off the deep end with their multiple personalities or uncontrolable fits of paranoia. Jason, Seannm and Bet were all people who started out sounding normal, but completely lost it and eventually left to find an suitable asylum that would admit them.

The Fenn 7 club is growing and one thing for certain, the last person to realize they are a member is they themselves. So, one must continue to check yourself (its in my daily routine) by monitoring what your closest friends and family think; and when I say friends I mean NOT those in the chase but your real friends, because when the Fenn 7 coagulate as one they will reinforce their bubble world and remain in a state of denial.

We are all subject to this and sometimes it is good to take a break, retire or step back for a while to self-evaluate. I mean there is really only room for one crazy wolf in this world - right Loco? ;-) Yah - I know full moons are my weakness but for the other 27 days - I hold it together quite nicely. "Crazy is a crazy does" ~Forrest ____
05-19-2017, 01:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2017, 01:51 PM by The Count.)
RE: The "Fenn 7"
You know what I think has a lot to do with it, once one is defeated by the poem they have a tendency to go off the deep end. They start to make claims like Fenn is Satan or Michael Jackson. They continue to come up with claims like the chest is hidden in many places out side of the Rockies and someone got there first because it was not at the end of there solve. And they are the creator of the question mark. Or they fall into such deep rabbit holes that they start mixing other treasures of the world with Fenns, like the holy grail, sunken treasure, snake island, or some sort of place like the garden of eden and shangri la. Once a searcher reaches this point either they are sertifiable or on Fenns radar for his next restraining order.

When any searcher gets to this point or close its best to step back from the chase or just give up.

(down with the evil twin)

This puzzle is extremely difficult! Just PM me the answer before it consumes too many threads...

05-19-2017, 02:06 PM,
When I go BOTG this summer, it's my last time...I have to quit because my empty pockets tell me that I have to. Money talks....so the next time is my last time. I have better things to do after two years of this, it's been fun though, but after Aug. 31, 2017, you can count me out. It was suppose to be a 1 N Done deal for me....and if it keeps on snowing with mud to follow...I don't know. Last year was perfect, but no dice, what can I say.
05-19-2017, 02:12 PM,
Interesting point Count. I often said I wrote another chapter in my book but did not publish it. It was based on the observation that I made about the evolution of a seeker. They start off with common sense Brown trout and advance to more imaginative things like ΩΩ rainbows,etc. Then they cross the line and go big time imaginative (crazy) with their final solution and never heard of again. German Guy comes to mind. Very smart guy, always logical and then publishes an over the top solution.

My last chapter was going to be titled "Off the Deep End" or something like that, where the frustration of not finding the treasure finally tips me over the edge and I consciously let my mind free to tap into the imagination side of the poem and then I really go bonkers and my family admits me to a psych ward and I live in a 10x10 cell blowing bubbles with my saliva, while enjoying the occasional bout of electro-shock theory.

I don't think fellow searchers and their affected loved ones would have found it funny but the "normal" non-treasure seeking world would have found it interesting or at least comical.
05-19-2017, 02:17 PM,
both of you have great points,this is what i can control,my wife sometimes thinks i work on the poem to much,but i tell her im retired so does it really matter,i spend only my money that i save,and never use our savings account,or checking account,if i dont have the money to search i dont,i spend time with my wife ,son ,daughter and grandkids.balance is key i also have a friend that lives near my search area that i trust,he searches for us and he puts family first also,thats how i handle the hunt that if you let it,will consume you
05-19-2017, 03:30 PM,
The "Fenn 7"
Uh Wolf, 62,979,879 Americans voted for lunatic Donald Trump. Many Americans think armed grade school teachers and pilots is the solution to maniacal gunmen and terrorists. The bar is set pretty low around here.
05-19-2017, 06:00 PM,
(05-19-2017, 03:30 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Uh Wolf, 62,979,879 Americans voted for lunatic Donald Trump. Many Americans think armed grade school teachers and pilots is the solution to maniacal gunmen and terrorists. The bar is set pretty low around here.
Your words have given me pause. Teachers not with ropes but with guns!? Yikes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqUa_G1h3pw
05-19-2017, 08:01 PM,
Here's someone who doesn't practice what they preach, but that's none of my business. Not seeing how this thread is relevant to finding the treasure or it could be, just ran out of ideas.
05-19-2017, 08:38 PM,
(05-19-2017, 08:25 PM)McFly Wrote: Has nothing to do with the treasure, just nothing else to talk about... You guys are stuummmped... U must be in the wood

Don't be an asshole.
05-20-2017, 07:39 AM,
The flip side -

Was Forrest crazy for spending 15 years writing a poem and hiding the treasure that he did? Would he mind being called crazy, or some other suitable adjective?

"Forrest, did you really just do that?"

Most treasure hunts have some level of crazy because a hunter needs to loosen up their normal mindset to find and work clues.

This hunt is far above any other I know of, in that respect.