Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keychain?
Yesterday, 12:06 AM,
RE: keychain?
@ Andrew Jef, I'm not saying it's technically exact or even a way to measure for engineering purposes. I'm saying that I like this idea given FF's goals when he made the statement: (1) answer a question with a non-answer while getting people out of Santa Fe, and (2) do that in a way of making a joke. He's done this a few times in other contexts as well. So, he's not translating for the purpose of measurement. He is not measuring anything, which is where I believe people are getting hung up. He is is rounding the measurement to get to 43,560 (the same amount of feet in an square acre and 66,000 square links). It's a false equivalency for measurement purposes but works pretty well if you assume the goals above. If that's not it, he is at last pointing out that he knows those types of geographical measurements, and likely, their corresponding abbreviations.