Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"So hear me all and listen good" . . .
08-08-2017, 06:26 AM,
RE: "So hear me all and listen good" . . .
Remember his quote "Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead"? Consider this: The poem contains the secret, the location. Two people know the secret, Fenn and someone else who is dead. The dead person has no voice to tell the secret, except through the voice of the other person who knows it, the poet. So the poem is telling two stories of the same location. The dead person is speaking through the poet "As I". He/she is pleading, "So hear me all and listen good." It is a device that TS Eliot used in "Little Gidding", which Fenn also quoted when he talked about the person who will eventually solve the poem.

TS Eliot, "LittleGidding":
I caught the sudden look of some dead master
Whom I had known, forgotten, half recalled
Both one and many; in the brown baked features
The eyes of a familiar compound ghost
Both intimate and unidentifiable.
So I assumed a double part, and cried
And heard another's voice cry: "What! are you here?"
Although we were not. I was still the same,
Knowing myself yet being someone other--
08-08-2017, 12:26 PM,
Jack,
do you think the poem is a confession of sorts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
08-08-2017, 01:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017, 01:03 PM by Umbra.)
(08-08-2017, 12:26 PM)decall Wrote: Jack,
do you think the poem is a confession of sorts?

I had thought of that, DeCall.

(08-08-2017, 06:26 AM)Jack Wrote: "So hear me all and listen good." It is a device that TS Eliot used in "Little Gidding", which Fenn also quoted when he talked about the person who will eventually solve the poem.

TS Eliot, "LittleGidding":
I caught the sudden look of some dead master
Whom I had known, forgotten, half recalled
Both one and many; in the brown baked features
The eyes of a familiar compound ghost
Both intimate and unidentifiable.
So I assumed a double part, and cried
And heard another's voice cry: "What! are you here?"
Although we were not. I was still the same,
Knowing myself yet being someone other--

Any idea where that quote is?
08-08-2017, 01:37 PM,
Umbra,
What do you think he is confessing?

Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
08-08-2017, 02:36 PM,
The quote from Forrest pertaining to TS Eliot is from Jenny Kile's 6 questions February 4 , 2013.
"The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental. T. S. Eliot said:

We shall not cease from our exploration
And at the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time"

The TS Eliot quote that he used is from "Little Gidding".
08-08-2017, 07:47 PM,
Warm=comfort. Reread the book. Look for where comfort halts. All is not what it appears to be (misdirection).
08-08-2017, 07:52 PM,
(08-08-2017, 07:47 PM)meekmouse Wrote: Warm=comfort. Reread the book. Look for where comfort halts. All is not what it appears to be (misdirection).

That is very insightful. I was intrigued when Fenn said warm=comfortable. It gave a whole new perspective. Good catch!
08-10-2017, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 08:24 AM by Umbra.)
(08-08-2017, 01:37 PM)decall Wrote: Umbra,
What do you think he is confessing?

I just find some of the things he says and does a little suspicious. What's in the chest for the finder alone? Why is there a copy of his biography in it when he wrote the books and scrap books, what else could there be to tell? There are a few questions of that nature. We know he doesn't like laws much and we already know he broke some. There is the whole Omega Man hypothesis too. I think that just be virtue of being himself he raises enough suspicion to support some sort of confession, but I have no real clue what it would be about at this point. It just crossed my mind before.

(08-08-2017, 02:36 PM)Jack Wrote: The quote from Forrest pertaining to TS Eliot is from Jenny Kile's 6 questions February 4 , 2013.
"The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental. T. S. Eliot said:

We shall not cease from our exploration
And at the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time"

The TS Eliot quote that he used is from "Little Gidding".

Thank you Jack,

I'm not sure how that fits in the the duality part so I'll have to look in to it if I get the motivation. I have a lot of things going already, but it sounds interesting. Without being familiar with Little Gidding, the quote in context seems to mean to keep reading and studying TTOTC and the answers will start to reveal themselves as familiarity grows.

You know though, if that is true and he used that device to write as someone else -which is not at all out of the question, had crossed my mind, and is part of at least one of my solutions- then it could be someone like Jacob Waltz. Can you just imagine if he knows where the Lost Dutchman is and this leads to it? I know it's in AZ, so please don't anyone reading this try to point that out. Just because the chest isn't there doesn't mean there isn't a map to the mine inside it, for instance. You know?
08-10-2017, 10:01 AM,
UMBRA: "Why is there a copy of his biography in it when he wrote the books and scrap books, what else could there be to tell?"

The truth.
08-10-2017, 10:04 AM,
(08-10-2017, 10:01 AM)RahRah Wrote: UMBRA: "Why is there a copy of his biography in it when he wrote the books and scrap books, what else could there be to tell?"

The truth.

In 100, 500, or 1000 years, when the chest is found, Fenn's books and public statements, these forums--everything!--will be long forgotten.

Only the bio in the chest will be there to tell the finders the story why the chest was there and who hid it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hear Me All and Listen Good Jbrewski 13 2,317 06-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Last Post: old drum
  so here me all and listen good FlashFlood 27 4,148 05-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: FlashFlood
  Hear me all / listen good James Perotti 9 1,644 11-02-2016, 01:59 PM
Last Post: I KEEP MY SECRETS
  Hear me all and listen good TheBearStoleMyPicnic 11 2,829 08-25-2016, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Mach_10
  LISTEN JamLady 20 7,463 05-29-2016, 02:45 PM
Last Post: deb
  So hear me all! will197532 6 2,495 01-10-2016, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Windy City