Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
In the wood / bullseye / target / crosshairs
09-07-2017, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 01:37 AM by Andrew Jef.)
In the wood / bullseye / target / crosshairs
On hoD, I recently read a suggestion that "in the wood" means "bullseye". And I remembered that I used to have a dartboard with a wooden bullseye
that was painted red. The rest of the dartboard, where a dart would stick, appeared to be a big tightly-wound spool of paper.

It was fairly recently (perhaps within the last few months) that I first saw
any mention by FF or anyone else that the concept of "X marks the spot" might be applicable in this treasure hunt. I believe that FF said that (paraphrasing) although there is no real X marked on a map, the X is
there "in spirit".

A rifle scope typically has CROSSHAIRS to align with one's intended target. This fact tends to support the idea that an X (even if not literally visible
on the ground) could show where the TC is. The important thing is to
determine how the X is defined.

Good luck to all searchers. Please believe that FF did more thinking
(while creating and fine-tuning the poem) than one might otherwise
believe. I kid you not.
09-07-2017, 02:03 AM,
RE: In the wood / bullseye / target / crosshairs
How many times do you think he has posted the 'X'¿ Several.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
09-07-2017, 02:06 AM,
Isn't it more like a pie?
09-07-2017, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 08:46 AM by decall.)
(09-07-2017, 01:36 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote: On hoD, I recently read a suggestion that "in the wood" means "bullseye". And I remembered that I used to have a dartboard with a wooden bullseye
that was painted red. The rest of the dartboard, where a dart would stick, appeared to be a big tightly-wound spool of paper.

It was fairly recently (perhaps within the last few months) that I first saw
any mention by FF or anyone else that the concept of "X marks the spot" might be applicable in this treasure hunt. I believe that FF said that (paraphrasing) although there is no real X marked on a map, the X is
there "in spirit".

A rifle scope typically has CROSSHAIRS to align with one's intended target. This fact tends to support the idea that an X (even if not literally visible
on the ground) could show where the TC is. The important thing is to
determine how the X is defined.

Good luck to all searchers. Please believe that FF did more thinking
(while creating and fine-tuning the poem) than one might otherwise
believe. I kid you not.
he said various times "I'm not going to put an X on it" ..... that was on the Today show elevation clue (where he blundered and said 7,000 ft)

I love the dart board analogy...

IMO he's drawing attention to the Omegas. What's wrong with an "O" on the map, it is HIS MARK you know.

I also think he likes to say the opposite, like wwwh not associated with a dam.... (but hoB is imo) So I like to look at any mention of "NOT" this or that
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
09-07-2017, 09:53 AM,
Iron Will, as I was saying...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk