Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Heading to the museum
09-08-2017, 10:19 AM,
Heading to the museum
Figure it's a good excuse to visit one of my favorite places. Gonna scrutinize all the statues and art by the parking lot. Hoping a walk through the museum will light a bulb or two. I'll report back anything I think is chase related.
09-08-2017, 10:22 AM,
RE: Heading to the museum
(09-08-2017, 10:19 AM)TrapperJ Wrote: Figure it's a good excuse to visit one of my favorite places. Gonna scrutinize all the statues and art by the parking lot. Hoping a walk through the museum will light a bulb or two. I'll report back anything I think is chase related.

Pics would be awesome........SirSmile
09-08-2017, 10:32 AM,
rgr that
09-08-2017, 10:36 AM,
Its been a couple decades since I been there but as I remember its a wonderful museum probably the biggest one I've been to. Probably one of the places that created the love of the stars and astronomy that I have. I still have found memories of that places because of the few visits I made and the people I went with. Also it was the first time I seen a IMAX presentation which back then was still a new thing. Maybe next time I'm in the area I'll go back with some friends!

down with the evil twin

09-08-2017, 10:46 AM,
Who remembers going to Laserium there in the 70's, maybe ff?
09-08-2017, 11:23 AM,
Just for kicks, go to Google Earth street-view, and stand in the parking lot, facing the building.

The image is a few years old but, I found it humerous.
09-08-2017, 11:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 12:33 PM by TrapperJ.)
(09-08-2017, 10:46 AM)Buddy Allen Wrote: Who remembers going to Laserium there in the 70's, maybe ff?

Oh yeah. Floyd, Zep, Beatles... good times

Just did a quick recon of outside the museum. Fridays are pretty crazy inside, with school field trips.

Ok so a few things. On the north side by the main entrance there are wolf tracks in the side walk leading to a bronze sculpture of a pack of wolves. To the west of that there is huge dino sculpture by the elevator for the underground parking lot. The plaque indicates that a dino like this was found in Canon City. The next sculpture is the Bronze Snowmammoth. I dont think this is related, as I think it was installed in or after 2010. Where the Mammoth stands now, there used to be the museums oldest bronze sculpture "The Grizzly's Last Stand" 1930. This sculpture was moved to the south about 60 yards to make room for the mammoth. The grizzly sculpture depicts the last Colorado Grizzly's said to be shot in the San Juans. Moving to the south west corner of the museum, there is maybe the most interesting site. I used to play in this feature when I was a kid. Then as a teen sneak away in there to smoke and cuss. It is the DeBoer Box Canyon. A small, dry box canyon replica featuring the famous rocks taken from Morrison, CO. The feature was created along with the Deboer city waterway project. After the box canyon there is a Totem Poll, but I think it's form after when the chest was hidden. After that there is another newer feature (not sure from when but I think after 2010 or right around the south side renovation. This feature made me smile. It is a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow walkway. First time seeing it, so I think it's too new, but too good not to include.

Ok, that's it for the quick recon. Sorry, no photos, phone died, but you can find pics of everything I mentioned online.

I guess if there are any hints, they may be: Canon City, San Juan Mountains, Box Canyon, Brown bear extinction in CO, Morrison Formation,

That's all I got. I plan on going in the museum this weekend. I'll update if there is anything Fenny.
09-08-2017, 12:32 PM,
(09-08-2017, 11:49 AM)TrapperJ Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 10:46 AM)Buddy Allen Wrote: Who remembers going to Laserium there in the 70's, maybe ff?

Oh yeah. Floyd, Zep, Beatles... good times

Just did a quick recon of outside the museum. Fridays are pretty crazy inside, with school field trips.

Ok so a few things. On the north side by the main entrance there are wolf tracks in the side walk leading to a bronze sculpture of a pack of wolves. To the west of that there is huge dino sculpture by the elevator for the underground parking lot. The plaque indicates that a dino like this was found in Canon City. The next sculpture is the Bronze Snowmammoth. I dont think this is related, as I think it was installed in or after 2010. Where the Mammoth stands now, there used to be the museums oldest bronze sculpture "The Grizzly's Last Stand" 1930. This sculpture was moved to the south about 60 yards to make room for the mammoth. The grizzly sculpture depicts the last Colorado Grizzly's said to be shot in the San Juans. Moving to the south west corner of the museum, there is maybe the most interesting site. I used to play in this feature when I was a kid. Then as a teen sneak away in there to smoke and cuss. It is the DeBoer Box Canyon. A small, dry box canyon replica featuring the famous rocks taken from Morrison, CO. The feature was created along with the Deboer city waterway project. After the water fall there is a Totem Poll, but I think it's form after when the chest was hidden. After that there is another newer feature (not sure from when but I think after 2010 or right around the south side renovation. This feature made me smile. It is a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow walkway. First time seeing it, so I think it's too new, but too good not to include.

Ok, that's it for the quick recon. Sorry, no photos, phone died, but you can find pics of everything I mentioned online.

I guess if there are any hints, they may be: Canon City, San Juan Mountains, Box Canyon, Brown bear extinction in CO, Morrison Formation,

That's all I got. I plan on going in the museum this weekend. I'll update if there is anything Fenny.

Did anyone else just follow what he said while reciting the poem?
He just began wwwh, took it in a canyon down, saw water high, and finished with a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow....
09-08-2017, 12:44 PM,
(09-08-2017, 11:23 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Just for kicks, go to Google Earth street-view, and stand in the parking lot, facing the building.

The image is a few years old but, I found it humerous.

Sometimes you crack me up!
09-08-2017, 01:25 PM,
Yeah Itchy, that's pretty cool. To clarify the "pot of gold" isnt a literal pot. It's black granite (I think) with huge pyrite (looking) crystals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wait! Back to the museum! TrapperJ 12 1,296 10-31-2017, 05:16 PM
Last Post: BLHamrick
  pics and video of the Denver museum mdc777 0 372 09-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Last Post: mdc777
  Denver Museum Clue TrapperJ 1 772 09-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  Heading E.C. Waters 10 1,567 12-31-2016, 02:40 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  OFF TOPIC: Heading Away from Matt Mindy 13 2,303 10-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Mindy