Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Take on OUAW
11-09-2017, 07:36 AM,
My Take on OUAW
(11-08-2017, 09:44 PM)Mindy Wrote: The following sentence does not make sense: “But since he had to take all of the unsold magazines to the dump, and would get in trouble if he couldn’t account for each one, I’d read them at night and return them the next morning before school.”

If the covers were the accounting standard, it didn’t matter what happened to the comics. The dump didn’t take an account of each one.

Page 43– comic #109 is at least 2 cents, F said they cost a dime. EDIT: just checked—issue 109 of Captain America was 12 cents...

Also, there’s an asterisk on the middle “border” of page 42 and 43.

Tearing the cover off...Captain America...throwing it in the dump. We can get the metaphors when it comes to Time Magazine in the trash, but when it comes to something we hold dear it's not so easy. I suppose it's a function of self preservation, but when it comes to interpreting art it's a hinderance.

razyfamily
11-09-2017, 01:13 PM,
My Take on OUAW
One pretty funny thing is an added line in the SB about Quanah Parker. Remember how everyone was surmising about a dark horse who might be racing ahead to snatch up the tc from the passage about Quanah on his black racing pony?

Remember when F said he wanted to throw a rock at Quanah as he raced by?

I admit, I read into that line as well, especially since a few days or so before that SB came out, I posted a picture of a black horse drawn in charcoal. So, that line had everyone up in arms, and many claimed to be that dark horse.

Well, I think F thought it was pretty amusing, and used the opportunity to have some fun with us and teach a little lesson at the same time, because he added:

“Hopefully I would have missed him.”

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-09-2017, 06:26 PM,
RE: My Take on OUAW
That's where things get messy though isn't it? Lets say you posted him part of a solve and included that horse. So he then posts a doodle of the horse and is trying to communicate that he enjoyed whatever you said. However, most searchers would take that as a hint that you are headed in the right direction, as you well may be. But...if you aren't and he simply was trying to pay a little attention to what you said to him, you now are stuck in the wrong location. Does that make sense?

What I'm saying is that the scrapbook communication probably hurts people far more than it helps them. Which may be why he's gotten so quiet, and it may be why he's done scrapbooking. And it may be why the chest is still out there and why he's getting frustrated. Try to help one and you screw up the other 9 in the same area.

The poem and the TTOTC will be the only path. Furthermore, his doodles in the book do not match up with what he is saying which makes things super difficult. Perhaps the memoir itself helps very little, but the drawings hold the hints. I don't know....I'm rambling.
11-09-2017, 06:39 PM,
My Take on OUAW
(11-09-2017, 06:26 PM)Copper Wrote: That's where things get messy though isn't it? Lets say you posted him part of a solve and included that horse. So he then posts a doodle of the horse and is trying to communicate that he enjoyed whatever you said. However, most searchers would take that as a hint that you are headed in the right direction, as you well may be. But...if you aren't and he simply was trying to pay a little attention to what you said to him, you now are stuck in the wrong location. Does that make sense?

What I'm saying is that the scrapbook communication probably hurts people far more than it helps them. Which may be why he's gotten so quiet, and it may be why he's done scrapbooking. And it may be why the chest is still out there and why he's getting frustrated. Try to help one and you screw up the other 9 in the same area.

The poem and the TTOTC will be the only path. Furthermore, his doodles in the book do not match up with what he is saying which makes things super difficult. Perhaps the memoir itself helps very little, but the drawings hold the hints. I don't know....I'm rambling.

I see what you’re saying and totally agree.

Maybe he’s talking in ideograms, sorta like how hieroglyphics are sometimes written. Sometimes hieroglyphics can be phonetic, sometimes in ideograms and there’s one other way they were used but I can’t think of the word, but when I read about it, it made sense and it helped me wrap my head around various types of word play...

Mindy's blogs:

11-09-2017, 06:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 06:52 PM by McFly.)
I dont think he's hiding anything in photos or anything. I think u need to take him for his word, and look into his WORDS

Ill tell u this, I was pretty pissed when I saw so.ething in ouaw, cause the mofos that were in the area are gonna see it and KNOW
11-09-2017, 07:02 PM,
My Take on OUAW
Yes on the word play! All of a sudden words are having several meaning for me too. It's learning Fennspeak. Hopefully it'll help. I can't believe I still don't have my book!

11-09-2017, 07:37 PM,
My Take on OUAW
(11-09-2017, 07:02 PM)Copper Wrote: Yes on the word play! All of a sudden words are having several meaning for me too. It's learning Fennspeak. Hopefully it'll help. I can't believe I still don't have my book!

I think you might need it. I think there are things in it that provide some huge clues...if you can get a copy, I’ll show you what I’m talking about.

But think about this...why does F ask us to Google stuff?

Google is a brand, with a logo, and there’s something unique about the logo. I just learned this, so am checking now, but so far it does look like there are varying amounts of pixels between the same pairs of letters. I don’t know the meaning (if there is any), but the differences are there.

To measure accurately, you really need one of those tiny rulers people use to measure the postage stamp nubs, or whatever they’re called. I found an old stamp collection in my garage and I recently bought one of those rulers, and with a good magnifying glass, you can see...

Mindy's blogs:

11-09-2017, 08:58 PM,
(11-09-2017, 07:37 PM)Mindy Wrote: I just learned this, so am checking now, but so far it does look like there are varying amounts of pixels between the same pairs of letters. I don’t know the meaning (if there is any), but the differences are there.

To measure accurately, you really need one of those tiny rulers people use to measure the postage stamp nubs, or whatever they’re called. I found an old stamp collection in my garage and I recently bought one of those rulers, and with a good magnifying glass, you can see...

My interpretation of the revised Fechin painting with the color, bigger frame, wider lamp, etc. is that ff is telling us to look at the "bigger picture". So....... step away from those magnifying glasses, Mindy!

I think that your tiny ruler is called a perforation gauge, or a postal perforation gauge.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Omega in Revised OUAW Mindy 10 2,051 11-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: trigace
  Binocular Guy - OUAW decall 56 10,721 02-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  OUAW cover art knighterrant 1 756 01-27-2018, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Becky from WV