Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm just gonna say this...
11-17-2017, 12:02 AM,
Now the comedy show with Al...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
11-17-2017, 10:25 AM,
(11-14-2017, 06:09 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 05:56 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 05:48 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 03:30 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 09:03 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: So you want to blame Hillary for Bill's abuses? I'd like to avoid victim blaming, but real answers would be helpful.

not sure what you mean by victim blaming, but after Bill took advantage of these women, then Hillary abused and smeared them to defend Bill's actions. so neither one of those 2 are victims

you will notice lately a significant increase by progressives in calling to account Bill's past sins. they are basically saying, it is time we finally have true reckoning in the Democratic party concerning this.

and the question of course is why now? after all these years? why not do this when it actually mattered?

the answer is because we've finally reached the point where the Clintons are no longer useful. and Hillary has become somewhat of a pariah.

so it is convenient now. there is no political cost, and they can get up on that high horse and act like they are willing to point out right and wrong among their own.

Whataboutism is a thing and not a defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does that have something to do with my comment

Yeah, yours and OD’s. Whataboutism—deflecting the terribleness of the current whoever by using “what about that terrible person years ago” as a defense of said current whoever’s terrible actions.

Past behavior of others doesn’t give a pass for current bad behavior. No matter what past officials “got away with,” doesn’t mean that copying their bad behavior is now something we should just accept.

What about those confederate generals? They got away with slavery. Does that mean having slaves should be acceptable today?

If whataboutism was a legal defense, any wife murderer would just have to say, “What about O.J. Simpson?”

Sorry, I didn’t mean to get involved in a political debate, but whataboutism is getting really tiring.

I agree. There were war generals who took on second wives, got them pregnant, then ditched them. Their offspring were then raised by single mothers and frequently not told who their fathers were. Their family tree had to start with them. After the war they were forgotten.

Grant, Custer,Merritt, Chivington. They were all a-holes.

Nothing has changed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whos gonna find it? collaboration DNA 13 843 05-25-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: The Count