Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the chase will be ending this summer?
02-15-2018, 11:05 PM,
RE: the chase will be ending this summer?
The scheduled time of Fennboree 2018 is in the spring, so should be unaffected by events of the
summer. Thank y'all for posting.
02-15-2018, 11:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 03:33 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-15-2018, 09:16 PM)nkown Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 12:45 PM)filmguy Wrote: I agree. Dal came into the chase sooooooooooooooo early that there is no way he didn't know Fenn beforehand.

Anyone else have this experience:
You saw the first ever Good Morning America clue, went online to research about the chase and bam, there's Dal's site already established and primed ready to go.

that's all true but:

1) I do not think it's a scam... it's a well planned ruse. Big difference. And the puzzle is real. He's just not exactly what he purports to be

2) Dal *for sure* knows the general area. I assure you that if I put on here some of his posts against some links to the search area I'm focused on against some FF posts you'd think there is no way that he is not at least in alignment with FF. What I mean by that is this: he may not know *why* he is posting what he is posting... but he is at the minimal being directed to do so.

I'm super tempted to post a few of these items but I fear that if I do it will set off a cascade of work that will lead everyone to the same spot. In one sense, great. In another, I'd rather do that with people I know.

Here's a hint: where is Gardiner's island... but not Gardiners Island... and not anyplace on a map named Gardiner or a variant. Where, important to ff, was a place that became ff's final resting place was called 'gardiner's' with the apostrophe. Then figure out what organization owned that land... look up their old logo... and, well, you'll see instantly how it relates to ff and to ttotc illustration just after the poem. It is not remotely ambiguous.

once there... then look around on a map and see how everything is there.... so many SB's and stories in his books relate exactly back there... but he never mentions it by name. The most important place to him in many respects, never mentioned... or almost never mentioned. TFTW has a slight mention.

btw OH's 109 and 43 is probably right in one respect, but not kirwin or that area... long and lat are valid... as are flight plans and such... but ultimately starting points not ending points.

Won't you share yours if I share mine: https://imgur.com/a/cfzZD - I tried to refine it to the simplest possible solution - I'm clearly not going for it else I wouldn't post lol. I'm curious which hand is better. Fly Fishing >>> Bronze/Recognition/Etc. IMO

Once upon a while cover is indicative of this. The rest of the stick figures all describe landmarks in the area: binocular guy's hat oriented to Scotch Bonnet, flask/can+bubbles to Miller; Ranger to NE Ranger Station; football player to home of Brown. The only thing that has given me pause is the Gypsy Magic chapter which would lead to the field across the Soda Butte Creek, which matches the description from that chapter. I've tried aligning the Once Upon a While stickman, but the big star he is fishing for only lines up with the tree in a small circular clearing about 1,200 feet below the spot in the link (when matching the land he is standing on to the state borders).

I do like OH!'s posts and the connection to Captain Kidd and him being from Dundee. With regards to 43 and 109, I always assumed it was FF catering and playing with people heavily involved in the chase. I believe he is still missing the best WWWH in that area, though he is somewhat close on the last post.
--------------------------------
Orange Ute, Adee Sphincter?
02-16-2018, 04:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 04:45 PM by OmeOmy.)
(02-14-2018, 07:50 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: from the lure movie screening

the fact that nobody has found it I'm frankly surprised

but, I would hope that somebody would find it before too long

Chris,
Thanks for pointing out these comments. I watched the eight short videos at AGK (thank you Toby) - I stand corrected.
Thanks again.
OO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Life’s Ending Peace (new question from ff) decall 28 10,572 01-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Prediction: Summer Solstice decall 1 646 06-19-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Luckydog
  The ETA (Ending Treasure Area) Accuracy Test Iron Will 71 10,826 05-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Summer Break deb 1 641 08-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Bet
  Summer's Dilemma - NM Searchers djjmciv 9 3,268 05-09-2016, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Odds of ending location Hammertime 6 4,481 10-27-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg