ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
Important Literature - TIME magazine? - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Archived Forrest Fenn Categories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Forum: TTOTC Stories (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Important Literature - TIME magazine? (/showthread.php?tid=1118)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Important Literature - TIME magazine? - Cloudcover - 03-14-2014

f did not say that I know of that books were key. I'm going with the one word is key interpretation. I have no idea, not being Forrest, if the fact that he threw those two books in the trash was a hint that you may not have to read anything except the poem. I happen to believe he took those books back out of the trash later and read them. Maybe I'm the only one who believes that. It can't hurt to read those books. There's stuff in some of the others that have helped me. But I think For Whom the Bell Tolls is the most important. I have a site that has been my primary focus for a while now and that book plays a big part. I have been researching and going on searches for the treasure since 2011. I've been at it awhile also. I don't think I'm well read by any stretch of the imagination but I do like to read. I had problems learning to read when I was very young. If you find the treasure you can tell everyone that all you needed was the poem. But if I find the treasure, I'm going to tell everyone that I found it using the poem, the books, and everything I could get my hands on concerning NM history.

Important Literature - TIME magazine? - mdc777 - 03-14-2014

Taos right? You live nearby?

I live in Farmington.

Important Literature - TIME magazine? - mdavis19 - 03-14-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Cloudcover on March 14, 2014, 2:39 pm</b>

Jeez, it seems with all the research we are doing already that is keeping us up late at night, why does reading a few books seem so contrary to the idea of a quest? Especially if it might help us in the chase?
</div>

So true. I've read several books that I never would have if not for the chase. I just ordered another one that I never would have even considered reading three years ago. I don't even care if it doesn't get me closer to the treasure. At this point I just want to read it to satisfy my curiosity about some things. Forrest has got me curious about a lot of things. I'm getting an education on subjects I never really paid much attention to before, and it is fascinating.

mdavis19

Ditto for me mdavis19

<b>Quote from Tim Nobody on March 14, 2014, 3:05 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Cloudcover on March 14, 2014, 2:39 pm</b>

Jeez, it seems with all the research we are doing already that is keeping us up late at night, why does reading a few books seem so contrary to the idea of a quest? Especially if it might help us in the chase?
</div>

No problem with reading but trying to save time and multi task. So did f say books where key or a word is key hopefully it is one word that I can read instead of many words. By the way how many years have you been at this and for me after like 3, Fenntique starts to set in</div>
</div>

Forrest says it took him 15 years to craft the poem. I think it is going to take us quite a while to figure it out. None of us have Forrest's unique knowledge, experience or perspective on things. That's why cracking his poem is proving so tough for us. Three years may just be a good start. I personally am not in a big hurry. I don't worry about saving time or beating other people to the treasure, because I think it is going to take a long time to figure this out. I don't think anybody is going to find it tomorrow or next month, or probably not even next year (unless I do). So as far as I am concerned, there is plenty of time to read and study and try to get into Forrest's head.

mdavis19

mdc, I too connect John Charles to somebody else. I actually connect a lot of the stories in TTOTC and TFTW to the same somebody else. I have been calling this somebody else in my mind the great connector. Does the poem absolutely identify this person in my mind? No.

I like your idea of a "great connector." That makes a lot of sense to me. There is a person who keeps popping up in my research who fits that description. He seems to have had dealings with everyone else who shows up in my research, and lived in the area I am focused on. I think I know which John Charles you are referring to. He also had dealings with my great connector person.

mdavis19

Yeah, you probably do know who the great connector is. That somebody can be linked to almost every place that Forrest Fenn mentions, whether in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado,New Mexico and also Utah, Idaho, Texas, Arizona and California.

Important Literature - TIME magazine? - Cloudcover - 03-15-2014

I'm betting a lot of people know. No locolobo, he was a son of a ...... oh wait a minute, that's the same thing.