ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 04-22-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Jimbo on April 22, 2014, 10:11 am</b>

You have to guess WWWH and then check if the remaining clues line up - there is no other way to solve this. Its like jigsaw - get the first few pieces right and the rest just slot in
</div>

Respectfully disagree... If guessing WWWH or the start of the poem, is the only way to solve the poem correctly. then all that is needed is the map of all four states and a dart. It would take generations to find, if not millenniums as well as more money spend looking than the trove would be worth. At present day value anyways.

The Nine Clue List - jcm - 04-22-2014

<b>Quote from Jimbo on April 22, 2014, 10:11 am</b>

You have to guess WWWH and then check if the remaining clues line up - there is no other way to solve this. Its like jigsaw - get the first few pieces right and the rest just slot in
</div>

Jumbo - I think experience is going to be your only instructor and if I am even remotely correct, I don't think you will be too thrilled with the lessons that you will be taught with regard to the poem, the clues, and how it needs to be solved.

F has stated more or less (not exact quotes) that the poem just looks like simple words and that it looks like it was written in 15 minutes. So that is fair warning about what the poem is and is not.

There have been many highly intelligent people trying to crack this poem (and more than a few ignoramuses) without success, it really is not easy; and if you are going out with the type of metal detector you have indicated, I will save you the trip, it's not going to be there.

Please keep us posted on your successes and education.

The Nine Clue List - Jimbo - 04-22-2014

Fenn has also said show it to a child and dont "overthink" it and you will also think "What took you so long" when you do find it. I never said its easy. I may have cracked his poem but finding the chest is still hard and involves leg work as well as study

I do not underestimate the task in hand. Im brains not braun and Im not really built for brute force searching vast areas in the faint hope of locating a small chest. Thats why I narrowed down the search area as far as I could. I will be at what I believe is his spot this weekend so lets see what happens...

Seeker - I use heuristics to narrow the search right down. I still had a dozen potentail starting points and whittled it down to one (which was the only one that fit all the clues like a glove). It is solvable - not easy but definitely solvable

<b>Quote from Seeker on April 22, 2014, 10:20 am</b>

Wolf,

Treasures and trove are or could be considered two different entities. Trove is mainly considered of Value. Treasure also can be as such but not necessarily Valuable in price as much as possessions to be cherished. Treasure trove, at least the way I read into it is a find after the death or period of passing. Do you feel that those words in the poem have any relations to a clue? or hint to a clue? Just curious.
</div>
Seeker,

The way I interpret the law is that it is abandoned property until he dies and a certain period say 50 years passes and then it is a treasure trove. The only difference is that troves, by law are returned to the rightful owner first then to the finder. The only thing that muddles this line of thought is the fact that he wants the bracelet back. So technically we may be required to return at least that to FF in order to gain legal title. Yah I know the poem says he ives title, but showing a cryptic poem as evidence in a court of law somehow does not seem nearly as strong as a title listing all items written by FF himself. I somehow think the opposing lawyer would have a heyday with that poem in court and its true meaning since no one to date has figured it out.

The Wolf

I never made any claim that I found the chest - just a promising lead. The chest was not in the burial chamber but if its the right spot it should be nearby.

Its my belief WWWH and HOB have already been found by other searchers - search the internet for their solves. Fenn practically spelt it out when he said searchers have found the first two clues but went right past the other seven. I would never have got this far if he had not made that statement thats for sure

The Nine Clue List - samsmith - 04-22-2014

Jimbo... I must agree with Seeker here, guessing is not necessary...everything is in the poem, the state, the location, everything... Smile

Butch...couldn't help but see your note to Seeker, LOL...you're on the right track, the state is there and confirmed and the search location as well... Smile

All...solve the first two clues and you'll know exactly where to go and start your search...Mr. Fenn said searchers continue to get the first two clues correct because searchers told him where they went...they had the correct location but didn't get there by solving the first two clues, therefore they didn't realize the significance of where they were...they were guessing!...get the first two clues and you will have no doubts!... Smile

A word that is key and a keyword are horses of different colors so to speak...they are in the poem, both of them...knowing what to do with them? Aye, there's the rub... Smile

BTW...the poem is not locked... Smile

Wolf...wouldn't be too sure about those blanket statements if I were you... Smile

The Nine Clue List - samsmith - 04-22-2014

<b>Quote from Butch on April 22, 2014, 12:56 pm</b>

Jimbo, you may be refeshed to know that the correct HOB has never been mentioned on this site or on Dal's site.

Bushwhackin' Butch Fish
</div>

Once again...correct...we may meet on the mountain Butch... Smile

All...solve the first two clues and you'll know exactly where to go and start your search...Mr. Fenn said searchers continue to get the first two clues correct because searchers told him where they went...they had the correct location but didn't get there by solving the first two clues, therefore they didn't realize the significance of where they were...they were guessing!...get the first two clues and you will have no doubts!...Samsmith,
</div>

I wouldn't be too sure about those blanket statements if I were you...

There is a much better explanation for why those people got the first two clues correct and then went by the other seven. BTW those are two different parties: there are the ones who got the first two clues correct and there are the ones who got within 500'. I explained that many times before but won't reopen that discussion here.

The Wolf

Butch - Thats your opinion! I believe people on those websites might indeed faint when they discover the truth!

Chest will be found using logic, research and a bit of leg work - arguements on this website wont help in that regard but I have found previous posted solves are a huge help. I did not guess my starting point I just re-researched previous solves and found where one of them went wrong. Some tried to cheat and go directly to clue 8 but they did not know if they were in the correct location and hence failed.

I dont believe there is a cipher in the poem and I dont think its necessary. Its possible of course