ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - colokidd - 05-02-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Plato II on May 2, 2014, 8:51 pm</b>

will32......As I've gone alone in there WITH my treasures bold.......Why would he go in there with his treasures bold and not leave them there? IMO, he has been there many times before without his treasures, that's why he knew exactly where to hide it, then he hid it before he released his poem which he had already completed before going in there for the last time with his treasure to hide it.

The fifth stanza is saying that he has already hid it, and he is just questioning(asking)us as to why he must go, and why is he doing this. He knows the answers, but we don't...(not yet, anyway)...He's already done it tired, and now he's weak. So IMO, he left the chest when he went in there alone with his treasures bold...at the beginning..........Just my thoughts...........Adios! 8-)
</div>

Plato II,

I thought you were on a recovery mission. So why so many questions?

The Nine Clue List - will197532 - 05-02-2014

If the poem is in order why would he start off with describing the location first IMO why not just start at the 2nd stanza?

The Nine Clue List - Plato II - 05-02-2014

colokidd.....I was asking Will a question for his benefit, not for mine. I have a solve, yes, but I still like to follow the blogs...I have an open mind, I like to take in all sort of data...review it and decide if it is worth keeping, if not then I purge it out. My solve, I believe is a good one, but it's still subject to reality. Only time will tell. Sometimes, like, Forrest, I have a tendency to embellish a little bit....lol........Good luck to you......Adios! 8-) 8-)

will32...He's letting us know that there is a location for us to search....then he describes how to get there.....Adios!

Sorry I worded it wrong, I ment he never really said he left the treasure in the first stanza. It isn't until the 5th stanza there is a hint of finally leaving the chest.

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 05-02-2014

Will is correct. The 1st stanza explains only "him" and "His" treasures. It's not till the 5th stanza, does "Fenn" state "he" leaves his trove. That may only make sense to a few...

The Nine Clue List - colokidd - 05-02-2014

<b>Quote from Plato II on May 2, 2014, 9:49 pm</b>

colokidd.....I was asking Will a question for his benefit, not for mine. I have a solve, yes, but I still like to follow the blogs...I have an open mind, I like to take in all sort of data...review it and decide if it is worth keeping, if not then I purge it out. My solve, I believe is a good one, but it's still subject to reality. Only time will tell. Sometimes, like, Forrest, I have a tendency to embellish a little bit....lol........Good luck to you......Adios! 8-) 8-)
</div>

Plato II, I appreciate your honest response... Good luck to you!... Goodbye! Smile

Will, seeker...If you just go straight down the stanzas, then you already have the chest, and then went in peace. Stanza #5 is just an after thought giving you additional info.,and so is #6......but, perhaps the poem should be read like....Stanza 5,6,1,2,3 and 4....what do you think?.........Adios! and Thanks colokidd. 8-)

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 05-02-2014

<b>Quote from Plato II on May 2, 2014, 10:35 pm</b>

Will, seeker...If you just go straight down the stanzas, then you already have the chest, and then went in peace. Stanza #5 is just an after thought giving you additional info.,and so is #6......but, perhaps the poem should be read like....Stanza 5,6,1,2,3 and 4....what do you think?.........Adios!
</div>

An after thought? Your saying that there is no hints or even a clue in stanza five and six, That the poem is solved at the second line in the 4th stanza? I'm curious on how long or when did you start working on the poem?

When I first started out I have thought the same thing but (take the chest and go in peace) is a whole different meaning for me. So Forrest said not to mess with the poem and the poem is in order, it took some deep thinking to come up with what I think he meant and you have to think like a kid on that line!