ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - Plato II - 05-02-2014

seeker...Will....IMHO, There are no clues in stanza #5,or #6, there are only hints. Keep it simple...I suppose you should leave the chest and go in discord....lol....Adios, and good night!

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 05-02-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Plato II on May 2, 2014, 8:51 pm</b>

will32......As I've gone alone in there WITH my treasures bold.......Why would he go in there with his treasures bold and not leave them there? IMO, he has been there many times before without his treasures, that's why he knew exactly where to hide it, then he hid it before he released his poem which he had already completed before going in there for the last time with his treasure to hide it.
</div>

Or maybe he has been there many times in the past with treasures other than the gold in the chest? What does Forrest treasure? What treasures could be bolder than gold? What exactly does bold mean in this context? I have ideas...

The fifth stanza is saying that he has already hid it, and he is just questioning(asking)us as to why he must go, and why is he doing this. He knows the answers, but we don't...(not yet, anyway)...He's already done it tired, and now he's weak. So IMO, he left the chest when he went in there alone with his treasures bold...at the beginning..........Just my thoughts...........Adios! 8-)
</div>

IMO he is not asking US anything in the 5th stanza. He is having a dialog with himself. We are merely bystanders who are meant to tease intelligence out of this public display of introspection. But unlike the homeless headcase loitering at the bus stop you try to ignore, who's internal dialogs constantly leak out unchecked. We need to pay close attention to Forrest as he talks to himself here, and try to understand, as if fortune and glory depended on it. He is asking himself an important question. But perhaps not quite the question you think it is.

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - Plato II - 05-02-2014

mdavis...Yes,...I believe he has been in there before with his treasures and you have to be bold to leave a million dollar treasure in the wood.......So, he is having a dialog with himself? hmmm..,then why is he asking himself any questions if he already knows the answers? He wants us to discover the real reason why he is leaving the chest for all to seek.......and the reason is?????....Adios!

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 05-02-2014

<b>Quote from will197532 on May 2, 2014, 10:41 pm</b>

When I first started out I have thought the same thing but (take the chest and go in peace) is a whole different meaning for me. So Forrest said not to mess with the poem and the poem is in order, it took some deep thinking to come up with what I think he meant and you have to think like a kid on that line!
</div>

I agree with you, Will. "Take the chest and go in peace" has a completely different meaning than most people think. And the hunt is not over at that point. Not by a long shot. Like you, it took me a lot of deep thinking to figure out what that line most likely really means. Yes, think like a kid, but not necessarily a child. If there really are hints hidden in TTOTC, then I think there are some that help confirm the true meaning of that line. They are hidden in plain sight. I didn't see them for what they were until after I figured out the line, then they made perfect sense.

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - astree - 05-03-2014

<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on May 2, 2014, 5:21 pm</b>

@astree - I'm actually in New York State - about 10 hours from MDI where we have gone 4 times to a special B&B in Bar Harbor and to search.

I have enjoyed your comments on the 9 clues and would like to add that for me, like you, there is definitely water, of the wet kind, involved!

</div>

I hope I can get closer to the chest, than the distance between NY and FL Sad ( Thanks for the correction ).

At the Level 1, there is a lot of circumstantial hints that water may be involved ( but not the positive locks that are found going deeper in ).

Level 1 ( circumstantial )

"your quest to c EA se"

"go in (to the word) p EA ce"

EA = "river, running water"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ea?s=t

astree

The Nine Clue List - deb - 05-03-2014

Smile Settle on your location Astree and get out and look.

<b>Quote from deb on May 3, 2014, 11:05 am</b>

Smile Settle on your location Astree and get out and look.
</div>

Smile

"Working on it" - I've probably only can scrape together time / money for one trip, so need to make sure first.

The Nine Clue List - deb - 05-03-2014

I understand. Smile

"one" and "done" - that's from the poem, too.

The Nine Clue List - Retired Postmaster - 05-03-2014

@astree - like you- because of the distance (4,500+miles round trip) - one trip will be it for us too this year. Those who live close enough to make multiple trips may not fully understand how hard it is to coordinate the time and expense needed for one trip and that it is imperative that you have crossed all your t's and dotted all your i's before setting out. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to take off every weekend and search like some are able to do? That's just not reality for me!

Hopefully it is "one" and "done".