ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - deb - 05-03-2014

I think this is why Forrest gave the hints this week. It fits in with, "for all to seek". Think about it.

Smile

The Nine Clue List - astree - 05-04-2014

I'm still under a daily work schedule (high load) and have young kids, and very little spare cash. The last-minute trip that I made to Mount Desert Island recently was one of my rare excursions in the last many years - and it was a quick trip.

"for all to seek"

At the Level 1, it already looks like the following

4 all 2 seek

4 ALL TO SEEK

VI ALL TO SEEK

SEEK VAIL LOT

So, I see many other uses, especially going to the deeper levels (which are not listed), for the phrase "for all to seek".

astree

The Nine Clue List - Eldorado - 05-15-2014

Ive pondered weather the scale of the clues was in fact created over a journey, or if the whole thing is on a larger scale.

Fenn used reverse psychology when he said it was at least 8.5 miles north of Santa Fe, he meant it was much further from his home.......and his reference about toledo was just to bring it back to the rockies......

its in the rockies as the map has shown......but its not in New Mexico.......that would be too easy.....

here's something to spark some new interest.....

On the page with a big number 2....the script says the fishing trip was on the Verde River......

Anyone Speak Spanish???.........that's the second clue.........where you begin where the warm waters halt, and take it in the canyon down......

The Nine Clue List - will197532 - 05-15-2014

I think the 8.5 miles north of Santa Fe is a clue it's in the Rocky Mountains. Does the Rocky Mountains start north of Santa Fe?

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 05-15-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from will197532 on May 15, 2014, 12:44 pm</b>

I think the 8.5 miles north of Santa Fe is a clue it's in the Rocky Mountains. Does the Rocky Mountains start north of Santa Fe?
</div>

Will, I have a serious question to ask you on your statement. I understand that Fenn came out and finally told all, that the term 'in the Mountains North of Santa Fe, is the Rocky Mountains he was referring to. But the example of "more than 8.25 North of Santa Fe... was a comment on a privately run Blog. My question is... do you consider the 8.25 an actual clue? that is needed. This example is not found in the poem or [ at least as far as I know ] in the book. It puzzles me that many think of it as a clue. So that is why I am asking you.

The Nine Clue List - Project Why - 05-15-2014

Glorieta Pass, NM to Alaska. But we can rule out Canada and Alaska can't we. :-)

The Nine Clue List - will197532 - 05-15-2014

It was me thinking out side the box alittle and I know it's not in the book or poem but it seems to make sense of the 8.5 that might be consider where the Rocky Mountains start. I can't help wonder how people might put it TFTW or other findings to make it fit into a clue with no other reference to go by. The statement that come up with the 8.5 or 8.25 not sure which but that statement was made before Utah and Idaho, 5000 feet and west of Toledo so the Rockies wasn't a definite then, this would only make sense to me IMO but I am always open for options and ideas from other searchers.

Although there are a couple of interesting places that are around 8.25 miles north of SF and also some places north of SF that when measured distance south to north also equals said 8.25, I think it was just a statement on Richard's Blog pertaining to us not having to search anywhere close to SF or perhaps if there is something there, it may have to do with others measurements or objects he stated in his response. He never said 8.25 miles himself.

Say Will, when you making your way out here to NM where the chest lays and waits? You know they already found the Atocha, right? :-) Man, I'd like to see that museum!! Ever been to it?

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 05-15-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Project Why on May 15, 2014, 1:32 pm</b>

Although there are a couple of interesting places that are around 8.25 miles north of SF and also some places north of SF that when measured distance south to north also equals said 8.25, I think it was just a statement on Richard's Blog pertaining to us not having to search anywhere close to SF or perhaps if there is something there, it may have to do with others measurements or objects he stated in his response. He never said 8.25 miles himself.
</div>

Your correct that the 8.25 was the answer to the calculation that Fenns made, the chest lies more than 66,000 links North....

The interesting thing in that comment was the mention of the date 1620. referring to law of measurements here and in England at the time.

100 links = 1 chain

66,000 links = 660 chains (66,000 ÷ 100)

1 chain = 66 feet

660 chains = 43560 feet (660 x 66) = 8.25 miles

Here is Fenn’s complete comment:

Since Richard mentioned the olden days lets harken to 1620 when universal land measures first became law in England and America. As you rode your horse into town you had to pass 80 telephone poles in order to reach a mile because they were 1 chain apart, or 66 feet. And each chain had 100 links, if you wanted to break it down further. Road rights-of-way also were 1 chain wide. And 80 square chains made a square mile, or 640 acres – and that was 1 section of land.

But if you’d rather count fence posts you had to pass 320 in order to reach a mile because they were a rod apart, or 16.5 feet. And since everyone knew that an acre was 10 square chains (43,560 square feet) it was easy to tell how many acres were in your neighbor’s farm.

Some aspects of those measures are still in use today in the horse racing business because a furlong is 10 chains in length, or 660 feet. You should feel smarter now because that’s so easy.

If you want to apply those important figures into the thrill of the chase I will give you an additional clue. The Treasure chest full of gold and precious jewels is more than 66,000 links north of Santa Fe.

In the last two sentences it is stated " if you wish to apply those important figures into the trill of the chase"...

Why are the "figures" important? to the chase.