ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - Project Why - 05-15-2014

Right. So maybe we need to look a little deeper into land measurements and road rights-of-way? Maybe. Or is he just talking. :-)

The Nine Clue List - Guest - 05-15-2014

or 1620

or 1620. You know, I've been a long advocate for using the book and just about everything that has come out if his mouth in the past for possible hints to help with the clues, but lately I've been really just focusing on the poem and not too much else. I mean, if there is anything for me in any of the other stuff, it should be confirmed once I've figured it out with just the poem. But to each their own. There are many ways to skin a cat. You just gotta use whatever method gets you there and works best for you.

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't believe or ever had, that there is a clue in the book [ strictly confirmation references]. But I do think the poem is all about the past [history]. That is why when I look at the poem, I ask how does the Author get folks from all over the country [ never the less the World] to an area to have a look. Logically... it as to be something that is know or has permanent history, as well as someplace that has and will remain the same for a very long time. This is one reason why I don't see resent names of places or people as part of the solve. Time is a factor to the poem. [MO]

Exactly. What will stand the test of time, but is also significant enough to put/draw us there to the starting point? Because in the end it must begin and end in a specific geographical location which we are somehow brought to through the poem. And it is very interesting that for someone who really, to me, sounds like he wants it found before his banquet table of history appearance, mentions 1,000/10,000 years/Rosetta Stone statements quite often. Either that or he is a master salesman or just likes to really participate in something that if he wanted it to endure, he wouldn't say anything. Unless he is just trying throw us off, but for that, one would need to be getting close. But I don't think that is the case. I think people are getting close and he's running out of time himself. And it is probably way more simple than we've made it out to be. I mean, evidently, from his latest statements. It's just very difficult to find something that small with those clues, especially if it was perhaps buried, which I'm not saying it is, but if. There's just so many places he could hide it with those clues and it still be straightforward and consecutive. I use all the poem though. Everything in it should confirm the rest of it if you've got the correct understanding.

I feel more than a few have been in the right place. But for some reason the may not understand that they are. There is a point to the poem and not just how to get to an area. If one doesn't understand the point or significance of the poem to where they are. They will just walk all round it. For me the poem is not meant to be read as direction, it's has meaning.

I wonder if any of the searchers who e-mail Fenn every asked him... why did you make those comments? Not what they mean or meant but why say anything. I'm more curious about that.

The Nine Clue List - will197532 - 05-15-2014

In my solve the poem is a direct path to a point but I am curious why you think it has more meaning?

I agree that the poem has more significance than just directions. And I think most people are trying/have been trying to find that information. And like you said, there have been those that have been close either by solving the first clues or by going there or by going there and reporting where they went to ff and he decided to tell us that by just being there or going to a certain place there, they had gotten the first two clues correct but didn't know it.

But I mean yeah, if your not trying to understand the significance or point of the poem and where that leads you and then using the directions, then your probably going to be missing something. To me, that is what it does. For, to me, getting to that correct location is the first step. Then following the directions given is the next step. All of this is within the poem. I mean, this is difficult enough as it is, but without some type of physical directions to follow once you've understood the significance, I think it becomes impossible. Meaning + Directions = Chest.

And there is also the "possibility" that you may not understand that significance until you've arrived there. It make take multiple trips to the "correct" location to realize what's there and how then to proceed with solving what others have passed by. I have been to many locations and it wasn't till I was actually there that I discovered more to the area than what I had researched. There are just many, many things that are not written about places or may have things there that you must go back and research individually. Plus, it's just good to be able to go somewhere and although it may be special in its own right, be able to say, "this place just doesn't feel right." But personally, I don't know how it can be solved without specific physical geographical directions no matter how great/correct an understanding you have of it's significance.

I email ff every now and then. And he responds sometimes. I just feel like, hey, when do you ever get the opportunity to speak directly to the person who hid the treasure/who did something like this and actually get a response back and to actually have access to such an interesting and unique individual? :-) To me, this is not only something he enjoys, when it's sincere and respectful, but a wonderful part of this thrill in the chase. Hey, the guy likes to participate in it. And I'm sure, back in the day, he would be right there with us doing what were doing, if someone else had hid it. But he's the one who did it and he's involving himself by choice to that end. Some have even got to meet him. How cool. Good for you.

The Nine Clue List - Plato II - 05-15-2014

@PY and Seeker....You guys make good sense..I believe that I have most all of the directions, but still lack all of the meanings of the poem. I am at the correct blaze in my solve, if I were to give out how I got there, there would be a stamped to that site because it follows the direct path to the blaze perfectly (with all of the hints agreeing),and when you see this blaze you will know that it is the correct one. I'm thinking that "tarry scant with marvel gaze" and "look quickly down" are the same thing, and "your quest to cease" means that from there it is your quest to finish(cease) that you still have to figure out what's left of the clues and keep searching until you find his secret spot where he went in alone......Adios!