ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - astree - 05-31-2014

Scott, lol, happens to most of us, I think.

Understanding the amber (gold?) and sap (in the wood?) ?? ( beginning to end .. SA DLOG )

Early on, I was a bit concerned that Forrest was playing as huge joke by implying that we would have to be a SAP to believe the treasure story. I don't feel that way anymore.

The Nine Clue List - scott W - 05-31-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from astree on May 31, 2014, 6:50 am</b>

Scott, lol, happens to most of us, I think.

Understanding the amber (gold?) and sap (in the wood?) ?? ( beginning to end .. SA DLOG )

Early on, I was a bit concerned that Forrest was playing as huge joke by implying that we would have to be a SAP to believe the treasure story. I don't feel that way anymore.
</div>

Astree,

I was pretty much revealing my solve before I realized what I was doing. Luckily, this site lets us edit after the fact. Going out on a seven day trip two weeks from today.

I will put I nice post up on my website after the trip - found or not.

scott

The Nine Clue List - astree - 06-01-2014

Hi Scott - the forum posting is tricky business Smile

Good luck on your trip, and will look forward to the report.

astree

The Nine Clue List - astree - 06-04-2014

http://www.chasechat.com/chat/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1422.5#postid-32604

<b>Quote from astree on May 30, 2014, 11:42 am</b>

The puzzle starts out with Forrest 101, and progresses to much more complex, each time building on previous lessons (techniques and references) - making it difficult to jump in mid-puzzle.

The approach clearly defines the nine clues.
</div>

I noticed that some of the clue lines contain numeric references corresponding to the clue number. For example,

Clue #1 – as I have g ONE al ONE in there

Clue #4 – from there it’s no place FORTH e meek

This is only a post facto observation, just thought it was interesting

Heavy Loads

HLS

Heard it in a Love Song

http://youtu.be/c6HPqxdqpm4?t=4m32s

astree

The Nine Clue List - boomergirl - 06-05-2014

I think the clue list is more like 9x9 fot the final solve..

The Nine Clue List - deb - 06-05-2014

It is multiple layered thats for sure. Smile

The Nine Clue List - Jack - 06-06-2014

<b>Quote from boomergirl on June 5, 2014, 5:57 pm</b>

</div>

I actually made a list of 9 categories of layers that each clue may fit. The categories were things like people, time (calendar or clock), time(historical), place, clue identification clues, etc. The list was subjective but it was interesting that each clue consistent with my solve fit into multiple categories. "The end is ever drawing nigh" had an answer consistent with my solve in all 9 categories. The other clues fit in at least 2 layers, most in more than 2.

The Nine Clue List - boomergirl - 06-06-2014

<b>Quote from Jack on June 6, 2014, 4:38 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">

</div>

I actually made a list of 9 categories of layers that each clue may fit. The categories were things like people, time (calendar or clock), time(historical), place, clue identification clues, etc. The list was subjective but it was interesting that each clue consistent with my solve fit into multiple categories. "The end is ever drawing nigh" had an answer consistent with my solve in all 9 categories. The other clues fit in at least 2 layers, most in more than 2.</div>
</div>

I think I understand your logic Jack. Not sure if that's a good thing? LOL

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 06-06-2014

<b>Quote from boomergirl on June 6, 2014, 11:11 am</b>
<b>Quote from Jack on June 6, 2014, 4:38 am</b>

</div>

I actually made a list of 9 categories of layers that each clue may fit. The categories were things like people, time (calendar or clock), time(historical), place, clue identification clues, etc. The list was subjective but it was interesting that each clue consistent with my solve fit into multiple categories. "The end is ever drawing nigh" had an answer consistent with my solve in all 9 categories. The other clues fit in at least 2 layers, most in more than 2.</div>
</div>

I think I understand your logic Jack. Not sure if that's a good thing? LOL</div>
</div>

My feelings exactly. It makes a kind of sense, but that's scary in light of Forrest telling us not to over-think it.

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - mafirst - 06-07-2014

Hey peeps, don't forget to use that pesky old IMO at the end of your posts. Or just for fun IMHO, lol.