ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - trigace - 07-09-2014

Forrest says to use logic in solving the clues. So, if "why" (as in, "So why is it that I must go") means "Y" and why is it, then, Y = it. And then TITLE (as in, "I give you title to the gold.") = TYLE and Tyle (per Wikipedia) means "Took You Long Enough." So what is Forrest saying here? Is there really a treasure?

The Nine Clue List - scott W - 07-09-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from trigace on July 9, 2014, 11:18 pm</b>

Forrest says to use logic in solving the clues. So, if "why" (as in, "So why is it that I must go") means "Y" and why is it, then, Y = it. And then TITLE (as in, "I give you title to the gold.") = TYLE and Tyle (per Wikipedia) means "Took You Long Enough." So what is Forrest saying here? Is there really a treasure?
</div>

Looks lke we have a competitor for Astree.

The Nine Clue List - tomwhat - 07-10-2014

That's not logic, that's word play.

The Nine Clue List - astree - 07-10-2014

<b>Quote from scott W on July 9, 2014, 11:29 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from trigace on July 9, 2014, 11:18 pm</b>

</div>

Looks lke we have a competitor for Astree.</div>
</div>

Yes, time for the Tylenol. Smile ( but not Extra Strength, that didn't work so well back in 1982, if I recall )

( I am pretty sure that Forrest is using quite a bit of wordplay )

<b>Quote from tomwhat on July 10, 2014, 5:28 am</b>

That's not logic, that's word play.
</div>

Although, if many have tried other approaches, and none have seemed to work, logic may suggest that wordplay is something that should be tried.

astree

The Nine Clue List - trigace - 07-10-2014

"It's fun to make up words and play with different spellings." -f-

"It seems logical to me that a deep thinking treasure searcher could use logic to determine an important clue to the location of the treasure." -f-

The Nine Clue List - trigace - 07-10-2014

"It's fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." -f-

I think that Fenn's statement about Extra Strength Tylenol, his PO Box, knoyledge, the cold cement floor, etc. is full of clues that relate to the area of the treasure chest. And it has nothing to do with Tylenol pills or his address. It's all a play on words and phrases that he uses in ways different than the obvious context.

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 07-10-2014

<b>Quote from trigace on July 10, 2014, 12:53 pm</b>

"It's fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." -f-

I think that Fenn's statement about Extra Strength Tylenol, his PO Box, knoyledge, the cold cement floor, etc. is full of clues that relate to the area of the treasure chest. And it has nothing to do with Tylenol pills or his address. It's all a play on words and phrases that he uses in ways different than the obvious context.
</div>

Looking at his penchant for intentional misspellings, I often wonder if when he said "smile at the end of a sentence," he didn't really mean "simile at the end of a sentence."

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - tomwhat - 07-11-2014

In that case, "sentence" could refer to a prison sentence.

The Nine Clue List - astree - 07-11-2014

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on July 10, 2014, 6:01 pm</b>

Looking at his penchant for intentional misspellings, I often wonder if when he said "smile at the end of a sentence," he didn't really mean "simile at the end of a sentence."

mdavis19
</div>

{ like what? Smile }

That's an interesting idea Or, miles (as it leaves open the possibility that he is providing a measured direction set), or even a synonym for "smiles".

The Nine Clue List - trigace - 07-11-2014

I think that Forrest's bigmouth bass story is a comparison to us unsuccessful searchers. We are the bigmouth bass who are ignoring his food offerings, or his additional hints that he is giving out in many of his recent statements and answers to questions. We are being fed new clues all the time and most of us don't even realize it. We are swimming in shallow water while he expects someone to be a deep thinking searcher and use logic.