ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - Chris Yates - 08-09-2014

understanding what and where warm waters halt is one of the more difficult clues in the poem, probably the most difficult

it is better to start with the home of brown and try to figure things out from there

The Nine Clue List - goldenben - 08-09-2014

How do you get to home of Brown without starting where warm water halt?

The Nine Clue List - Chris Yates - 08-09-2014

well first, if you start at WWH and follow the path of the poem, you never go to the home of brown. thats what i believe from my reading of the poem

and you can know what home of brown is first, because the name of it is in the poem

The Nine Clue List - goldenben - 08-10-2014

I can start at wwh go down canyon down not far but to far to walk to home of brown. Then I can put in and know soon I'll be at a creek and have to go on foot. The rocks and high point where the creek starts is back in the wood and the creek flows at a cool 38 degrees year round. Good luck to you but if you don't follow all clues you are looking in the wrong spot. Like I said I have the neighborhood just not the house number ( blaze).

The Nine Clue List - tomwhat - 08-10-2014

I disagree. I think the poem gives us the house number but not the street name or even the neighborhood, let alone the right city. If we had the city then we would descend on it like locusts and it would be found be sheer force of numbers. Get the right neighborhood and you are golden.

The Nine Clue List - astree - 08-10-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Chris Yates on August 9, 2014, 11:41 pm</b>

well first, if you start at WWH and follow the path of the poem, you never go to the home of brown. thats what i believe from my reading of the poem

and you can know what home of brown is first, because the name of it is in the poem

</div>

Sort of, Chris. You cannot start walking at the home of Brown. ( more precisely, you could start walking, but not in the direction you need to go ).

The Nine Clue List - goldenben - 08-10-2014

Tom what is the blaze or house number if it is given? That neighborhood is the most written about thing in the bool other than the war. His blog and parts of the book say where to enter the neighborhood and how to get to the street. But it does not tell you what the blaze is. You can get to 42 street in NYC but if the person that you are going to visit doesn't give you a building number you will end up knocking on a lot of wrong doors.

The Nine Clue List - deb - 08-10-2014

Smile Astree , indeed.

The Nine Clue List - tomwhat - 08-11-2014

Goldenben I have figured out the neighborhood but have no idea what the blaze is. Not a clue. I simply have to presume it's something out of the ordinary, something that's just a little out of place. A carving in a treetrunk, an oddly colored rock, a tree that is out of place to the other trees in the grove, an old firepit, an outcropping on the cliff above, or any other damn thing. The blaze is certainly the most frustrating part of the Chase. I know <i>where</i> to look, I just don't know <i>what</i> I'm looking for!

The Nine Clue List - Project Why - 08-11-2014

<hr class="bbcode_rule" />