ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - Project Why - 10-10-2014

No it wouldn't.

I didn't say I thought it was right next to a road. I just mentioned a road. Besides, ........how did he get there? Where was the road that contained the parking area in which he parked so that he could "walk back to my car laughing" statement? Where are people "arriving", but yet don't understand the significance of where they are? Sure, he wants everyone, especially kids, searching all over God's green earth for the chest and that was his PRIMARY intention I believe, and looking for that "special place" where he hid it, but it only need to be "special" to him and NOT really to us, does it not? And besides, didn't he say not to go "anywhere a 79 or 80yr old man couldn't go"? Now, that doesn't mean there is a road close or even a human trail, but I'll bet there isn't one too far away. I mean, what's a road have anything to do with families enjoying the public lands anyway? You gotta get there somehow, don't you? Just like he did. :-)

Hell, look at the beautiful area where you live up there along the Rio Gallina. I would say that is a pretty special place along with its history, geology and scenery. Now, did you walk all the way from FR 151 to get there and does the fact there is a road there make it any less spectacular or give it less meaning?
<hr class="bbcode_rule" />

** No, wait, I've changed my mind, I recant what I just said. Please, please, by all means, everyone get off the roads and the trails and anywhere close to anything like that and thread your own tract throughout the wiles of nature and circumstance and I would say, hmm......... get out there at least 5 - 10 miles on foot away from anything and maybe you will have a chance. Remote within the remote. Yeah, that's it. I mean, that's gotta be where those "others" have been close? Right? And make two trips in the same afternoon. :-)

Peeeeeeeeeeace.

The Nine Clue List - Buddy Allen - 10-11-2014

I never assumed that there needed to be a parking area. Side of the road works just fine.

The Nine Clue List - Buddy Allen - 10-11-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on October 11, 2014, 3:10 pm</b>

He told Jeff and Ryan to go near the trees.
</div>

Goes with scorched in a forest fire, and beside my juniper fire.

The Nine Clue List - Woody Bogg - 10-11-2014

</div>
Steph ... Those trees need a little water too

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 10-11-2014

</div>

I so wish I could tell you what I think he really meant by that. He was playing word games with you, as he always does.

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - Woody Bogg - 10-11-2014

Whats that mdavis........ Don't pee in the water . Go near the trees

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 10-12-2014

<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on October 11, 2014, 5:42 pm</b>

Whats that mdavis........ Don't pee in the water . Go near the trees
</div>

That's a good policy, Woody, but it is not exactly what I had in mind.

What he said dovetails nicely with my understanding of "brave and in the wood." I suspect he may have been testing Stephanie and family by dangling an important clue in front of them in a non-obvious way to see if they would make the connection. He was testing the true depth of their understanding of the poem. I suspect he does such things lots of different ways with the people he meets, based on their accounts of what he has said to them. It may be a way of sizing up searchers, and deciding how much individual "leveling of the paying field" needs to be applied to each.

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - camstah - 10-12-2014

</div>

in what context? in general, go near trees?

The Nine Clue List - deb - 10-12-2014

Oh hell, Im so confusled <<< My word. He doesn't have to test me. LOL

The Nine Clue List - Project Why - 10-12-2014

</div>

As we approach the completion of this he is increasing his involvement and throwing out more and more info. How we filter that is important, especially if one is on the correct path, for it should provide confirmation to that.

Early on he "did" also toss out some bread crumbs to define who and what would be significant, and how one/ones would respond would be important. He's done that with many of us I'm sure, and Stephanie was one of those, but now I believe it's mostly/exclusively to everyone via the blogs. "Near the trees" is an example. It was another attempt to lead someone in the "right" direction early on for whom he liked and wanted share things with. But, it was taken wrong and interpreted incorrectly. And it didn't have to be. The absolute first mistake that was made was believing he would actually tell you exactly where to go in the correct area!! That was both naive and foolish. I mean, what makes one more special than anyone else in something like this, or more deserving -- I'll tell you -- NOTHING. He would NEVER have just given it away like that or come right out and gave someone a specific clue. It MUST be worked for!! He said the "key" was to think. One can't just ACT on what he says or you will lose every time. The second mistake when that happened, was NOT taking the first mistake and applying it to why he said to determine what he actually meant and what could "perhaps" put you on the correct path or a better understanding.

To me, it signifies a lot of what mdavis said. It "represents" something more and figuring out where those "trees" are within the TREES, according to all the info. we have now to compare it with, should tell us where to look, not exactly find, but where to look, once we HAVE figured out the general place - using the correct MAP and the poem.

But I will give you this Stephanie, what he told you then would have been really tough to figure out at the time vs. now. Now we have a lot more info. than we did back then. And he just keeps giving us more all the time. Now, how much it will help remains to be seen?? With these "new" stories about things that are actually in the chest, it is as if he is prepping us for the eventuality.