ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - fundamental design - 10-12-2014

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on October 12, 2014, 8:48 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on October 11, 2014, 5:42 pm</b>

Whats that mdavis........ Don't pee in the water . Go near the trees
</div>

That's a good policy, Woody, but it is not exactly what I had in mind.

What he said dovetails nicely with my understanding of "brave and in the wood." I suspect he may have been testing Stephanie and family by dangling an important clue in front of them in a non-obvious way to see if they would make the connection. He was testing the true depth of their understanding of the poem. I suspect he does such things lots of different ways with the people he meets, based on their accounts of what he has said to them. It may be a way of sizing up searchers, and deciding how much individual "leveling of the paying field" needs to be applied to each.

mdavis19</div>
</div>

Hey I finally agree with you. I've been trying to tell you of this possibility from ff's comments and you've been quite resistant to this thinking. What's changed your mind?

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 10-13-2014

If people are starting to agree with me, then I am obviously sharing too much. Forgive me if I haven't noticed or fully comprehended all your posts. Been busy the last few months. Anyway, I have held this opinion since the spring when Stephanie related what Forrest told her. It was obvious to me that he was testing/teasing her. After seeing what he has been saying to other people, it looks like a pattern he has, and not just a one-off with Stephanie.

I have always felt from day one that Forrest is a master manipulator. If you give him a reason to, he will wind you up and send you off on wild goose chases for his own amusement. This is one reason why I limit my direct contact with Forrest.

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - Buddy Allen - 10-13-2014

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on October 13, 2014, 10:18 am</b>

If people are starting to agree with me, then I am obviously sharing too much. Forgive me if I haven't noticed or fully comprehended all your posts. Been busy the last few months. Anyway, I have held this opinion since the spring when Stephanie related what Forrest told her. It was obvious to me that he was testing/teasing her. After seeing what he has been saying to other people, it looks like a pattern he has, and not just a one-off with Stephanie.

I have always felt from day one that Forrest is a master manipulator. If you give him a reason to, he will wind you up and send you off on wild goose chases for his own amusement. This is one reason why I limit my direct contact with Forrest.

mdavis19
</div>

There are way too many examples of that to not believe that happens. Your approach makes a lot of sense.

The Nine Clue List - boomergirl - 10-13-2014

In 1492 Native Americans found Columbus lost at sea!

The Nine Clue List - deb - 10-13-2014

LOL Yep, should have left him out there. Smile

The Nine Clue List - germanguy - 12-13-2014

Okay, so I've released my solution publicly. So what say I offer my perspective to this debate and see where everyone is at.

I gave a factual solution for WWWH. Now, I've had a number of people, not only from the area of my solution, but from others who recognized the validity of what I said. Not everyone is convinced, but yet reading other's thoughts here, I see why no one can come up with one solid (and I do mean solid) clue for WWWH. I'll take any criticisms you wish to throw my way, or opinions, (if that is what we choose nowadays to call them)I won't go any further than this, until I get your feedback on whether I should continue. Fair enough?

The Nine Clue List - astree - 12-13-2014

<b>Quote from germanguy on December 13, 2014, 4:13 am</b>

Okay, so I've released my solution publicly. So what say I offer my perspective to this debate and see where everyone is at.

</div>

Could anyone provide a link to germanguy's solution?

Thank-you,

astree

The Nine Clue List - Desertphile - 12-13-2014

I gave a factual solution for WWWH.
</div>

Yeah: so have several hundred other people. So?

The Nine Clue List - deb - 12-13-2014

There you are DP. Did you find a meetup that had an open mind? Please dont hide, we get accused of long distance harloting ( yes, I know, not a word) when you disappear. LOL

The Nine Clue List - Woody Bogg - 12-13-2014

I gave a factual solution for WWWH. Now, I've had a number of people, not only from the area of my solution, but from others who recognized the validity of what I said. Not everyone is convinced, but yet reading other's thoughts here, I see why no one can come up with one solid (and I do mean solid) clue for WWWH. I'll take any criticisms you wish to throw my way, or opinions, (if that is what we choose nowadays to call them)I won't go any further than this, until I get your feedback on whether I should continue. Fair enough?
</div>
germanguy. I have read and looked at your solution and I see a possible with flaws also . The double omegas if you follow Spanish treasure markers the squared "UU" as one that Forrest uses indicates there would be Two doorways entrances or mouths. Also there are many animal figures he uses that would indicate Spanish also along with other things. Also IMO when I read the poem I personally believe that the if the cold doesn't fit that's not it . There has to be a certain perfectness to the cold statement . IMO I don't see it in your conclusion .( But who knows)