ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - decall - 01-04-2015

nice work Jason and Cloudcover

The Nine Clue List - astree - 01-10-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from astree on December 27, 2014, 8:11 am</b>

Has anyone else run into these considerations: (?)

1) There is a 10th clue

</div>

<b>I dont think this is what Forrest had in mind</b>

Following the idea of the command / actionable phrases in the poem, would you consider these as clues

"From there it's no place for the meek, The end is ever drawing nigh, There'll be no paddle up your creek, Just heavy loads and water high" (perhaps it is suggestive action, as it indicates movement)

"If you are brave and in the wood, I give you title to the gold"

astree

The Nine Clue List - emmett - 01-10-2015

Astree- I think heavy loads and water high, brave and in the wood, are descriptive, not actionable. IMO

The Nine Clue List - Jack - 01-10-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from astree on December 27, 2014, 8:11 am</b>

Has anyone else run into these considerations: (?)

1) There is a 10th clue

2) One of the clues can be outside of the poem proper

astree
</div>

I am beginning to think this may be the ultimate solution. The 9 clues in the poem lead to a 10th clue which leads to the treasure which is safely held somewhere else. Possibly something along the lines of the Spider Rock, a west Texas local legend that Forrest would have heard growing up. Dave Arnold had a sheepskin map that he was convinced would lead him to a Spanish treasure. The map led him to the spider rock which still has not been deciphered.

Part of the story has an interesting take on the phrase "in the wood": "In 1905 he moved his search to a wilderness sixty miles southeast, and once again unearthed a beautifully carved stone map imprisoned in the roots of a huge oak."

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/spiderrocktreasure.php#.VLE0_HswDkN

The Nine Clue List - Cloudcover - 01-10-2015

I didn't know anyone had responded to my comment. I just saw it now Jason, Decall. It is essentially what I was describing. Each word is deliberate I believe that but there's more than the nine clues in the poem. There are also subtle hints like in the book. Only the nine clues are the directions. Start here, follow, turn there, turn again, stop here, look there, cross here, go certain distance, go certain distance again. (you are there)

You might not agree with that part but they are my nine clues.

The Nine Clue List - will197532 - 01-11-2015

I don't really count the clues cause I always seen it as if you can't make the whole poem work then you are missing out on something!

The Nine Clue List - Cloudcover - 01-11-2015

Yes water takes you there.

The Nine Clue List - geydelkon - 02-21-2015

The Nine Clue List - geydelkon - 02-25-2015

The Nine Clue List - samsmith - 03-29-2015

HDaddy, if I may...My thoughts are that the reference to the number 9 has some significance to solving the poem...I won't divulge what I think this is...

He crafted the poem to ensure solving it would not be easy, after all he said the person who found the chest will have earned it...

It would be a lasting legacy if it were not found until many years after his passing, this is what I believe he actually intended to happen...

Each of us in the chase has his/her own ideas about what the clues really are, I presume that so far no one has been 100% correct...

Even those that he said solved the first two clues because they told him where they were did not realize they had done so and were there out of happenstance and not from their efforts in solving the clues...This tells me the first two clues must, in some way, give you the search location...

He also stated that a few had correctly mentioned the first 2 clues in e-mails so clue number 3 must really be a doozy since none have solved past it...

Would you make it easy for someone to find if you had hidden it?...