ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - trigace - 05-02-2015

There's a definite reason for the word "bold". It stands out.

The Nine Clue List - HIPS - 05-02-2015

For my current solution attempt; my clues go something like this:

P [01] As I have gone alone in there

P [02] And with my treasures bold,

P [03] I can keep my secret where,

P [04] And hint of riches new and old.

1 [05] Begin it where warm waters halt

2 [06] And take it in the canyon down,

3 [07] Not far, but too far to walk.

3 [08] Put in below the home of Brown.

4 [09] From there it's no place for the meek,

4 [10] The end is ever drawing nigh;

5 [11] There'll be no paddle up your creek,

5 [12] Just heavy loads and water high.

6 [13] If you've been wise and found the blaze,

6 [14] Look quickly down, your quest to cease,

7 [15] But tarry scant with marvel gaze,

[16] Just take the chest and go in peace.

E [17] So why is it that I must go

E [18] And leave my trove for all to seek?

E [19] The answers I already know,

E [20] I've done it tired, and now I’m weak.

[21] So hear me all and listen good,

8 [22] Your effort will be worth the cold.

9 [23] If you are brave and in the wood

[24] I give you title to the gold.

Perhaps some would say that my 8 & 9 are more like hints as they don't <i>seem</i> to be directions, but I would argue that they do move you(me) closer to the chest.

-T-

The Nine Clue List - mdc777 - 05-04-2015

what is "bold" in the poem that stands out?

The Nine Clue List - jdh - 05-04-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdc777 on May 4, 2015, 10:52 am</b>

what is "bold" in the poem that stands out?
</div>

the upper case b in brown.

I think from your post above you are implying that treasures bold are the clues in the poem. That is an entirely new idea to me.

I have never thought that treasures bold, being plural, were the items in the chest. That is because they are referred to as "the treasure", singular, in the introduction. I may be one of the few that regard the introduction important, but I do. I think even Happy Hunting! may have some meaning to the correct solution.

If you were to lay out, on a table, all of your treasures, or made a random list, I think it would be possible for someone unknown to you to tell which is the most important to you. It would stand out that much. That is what bold means to me. If Mr. Fenn did this, I doubt his would be his first arrow head or anything on his shelves.

It's been said that where our heart is, there is our treasure also. I believe that. I'm banking it's no different for Mr. Fenn's treasures bold.

jdh

The Nine Clue List - mdc777 - 05-05-2015

I do not believe that "treasures bold" are the clues in the poem.

As I have gone alone in there (in there = in the poem, FF writing the poem alone)

And with my treasures bold (we know this stanza is about FF writing the poem by the first line so what are treasures bold?)

Since we are talking about the poem why is "treasures bold". Why is the word treasures in the poem bold. FF tells us it is bold but why is it?

Why does it stand out or is different from every other word in the poem?

The Nine Clue List - will197532 - 05-05-2015

It's everyone's idea that the 1st stanza describes the area of the chest. I believe as I have gone alone in there can also be a break into the poem as go in peace, maybe that's where this part drops in?

The Nine Clue List - mdc777 - 05-05-2015

The 1st stanza can describe the poem.

Secret where? in the poem.

The Nine Clue List - Jack - 05-05-2015

He could be using bold to describe his actions rather than the treasure, such a I have boldly gone in there with my treasure. The same question arises withe the line "hint of riches new and old". Are the riches new and old or are the hints new and old? He used a poem to hide the clues because poetry allows hi the freedom to play with words and phrases.

The Nine Clue List - jdh - 05-05-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdc777 on May 5, 2015, 10:57 am</b>

I do not believe that "treasures bold" are the clues in the poem.

Since we are talking about the poem why is "treasures bold". Why is the word treasures in the poem bold. FF tells us it is bold but why is it?

Why does it stand out or is different from every other word in the poem?
</div>

OK, so now you've got me thinking treasures are his experiences and bold would indicate his most cherished. Is that where you're headed? I have considered this path also but it took me to a dead end. Perhaps you have found where it continues.

If we move on to the fourth line, he could be referring to experiences we will garner from our own searches. Perhaps some will bring back fond memories of past adventures and others the wonderment of new ones. These could be considered riches. Is this your line of thought? If so, it certainly injects more of Mr. Fenn into the solution than I have considered up to this point.

jdh

The Nine Clue List - astree - 05-06-2015

I agree with you Stephanie, don't make it personal. Forrest's puzzle was meant to pretty much stand-alone, not requiring personal information associated with Forrest.