ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - mdc777 - 05-07-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from jdh on May 6, 2015, 6:24 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from mdc777 on May 6, 2015, 12:23 pm</b>

You are thinking of treasures as a physical object I am thinking of it as a word in the poem (as I have gone alone in the poem)

</div>

OK, I'll sit in the corner for a spell. Let me know if my dunce cap is straight.

I think of treasures as physical objects because that's what words are for: to convey an idea and that's the idea I think Mr. Fenn is trying to convey. Words are symbols of an idea being expressed. Therefore the word treasures is a symbol Mr. Fenn used to convey a specific idea. It cannot be just a word. It has a specific intended meaning. How can I think of it as a word without thinking of it's possible intended meaning?

I don't know how to do that. Can you hold my hand and lead me there?

jdh</div>
</div>

I guess I am a poem purist. I want to solve this thing with the poem alone ok? So when I read the first stanza and realize this is not describing FF hiding the chest but FF hiding a secret in the poem the rest of the stanzas take on a different meaning. Remember it took him 15 years to write and every word is deliberate? Remember an architect wrote that poem... why is that? The poem has a secret in it we have to find so read the poem like the poem is all that matters not a location in the Rocky Mountains. The word treasures is what matters not the treasures in the chest.

As I have gone alone in there - FF writing the poem

And with my treasures bold - Why is the word treasures bold? What is different about that word that makes it stand out?

I can keep my secret where - where? in the poem

And hint of riches new and old - what is another word for riches? treasures!

There is a secret in the poem and the hint is the word treasures. This make sense to anyone?

The Nine Clue List - Tim Nobody - 05-07-2015

@mdc It makes just as much sense as anything else so am I to anagram treasures and one of the anagrams I get ruse tears so that doesn't seem encouraging.

The Nine Clue List - mdc777 - 05-07-2015

No not a anagram.

Another stanza tells you what to do but before we get to that I will ask again why is "treasures" bold?

(look at the entire poem)

The Nine Clue List - Jack - 05-07-2015

It would seem to have something to do with stanza 5. (1) my treasures, (5) my trove. (1) I have gone (5) I must go. (1) secret (5) answers. (1) bold (5) tired and weak.

The Nine Clue List - jdh - 05-07-2015

<b>Quote from mdc777 on May 7, 2015, 12:13 pm</b>

I guess I am a poem purist. I want to solve this thing with the poem alone ok? So when I read the first stanza and realize this is not describing FF hiding the chest but FF hiding a secret in the poem the rest of the stanzas take on a different meaning. Remember it took him 15 years to write and every word is deliberate? Remember an architect wrote that poem... why is that? The poem has a secret in it we have to find so read the poem like the poem is all that matters not a location in the Rocky Mountains. The word treasures is what matters not the treasures in the chest.

As I have gone alone in there - FF writing the poem

And with my treasures bold - Why is the word treasures bold? What is different about that word that makes it stand out?

I can keep my secret where - where? in the poem

And hint of riches new and old - what is another word for riches? treasures!

There is a secret in the poem and the hint is the word treasures. This make sense to anyone?
</div>

I too am trying to solve this with only the poem. (and a good map... and a dictionary). My 2 year old TTOTC is still in "as new" condition. (I actually find it difficult to read and lose interest quickly.)

Thanks for sharing your process. I needed a new perspective and you've provided it.

It's much appreciated.

jdh

The Nine Clue List - Crazy Horse - 05-07-2015

Hear me now and listen good....

The Nine Clue List - Becky from WV - 05-07-2015

Crazy Horse - I watched the video. Appears to be 3 other men plus FF. Who is the man speaking with FF about the pipe? Is there a point to that partial viewing?

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. Yes, there is a reason.

The Nine Clue List - deb - 05-07-2015

Thank you Crazy Horse, I was wondering where you had gotten the stills you posted previously from. Smile

Crazy Horse, are you a friend or relative of Forrest?

No Deb I am neither. I am just like my horse when I don't take my meds.