ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - Larsonist - 05-08-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from jdh on May 7, 2015, 7:45 pm</b>

I too am trying to solve this with only the poem. (and a good map... and a dictionary). jdh
</div>

Hold up there jdh...a dictionary?? Pray tell, what may you find in a dictionary that the poem doesn't provide you? Synonyms? Older meanings? Alternate usage? Sounds fairly helpful if you ask me. You're just one step removed from wholesale metamorphical breadkdown.

So tell us: how the devil do warm waters halt?

The Nine Clue List - samsmith - 05-08-2015

You won't believe it when you see it Larson... Smile

The Nine Clue List - Buddy Allen - 05-08-2015

Sam your crow is done cooking and has been on the back porch for months. The dog won't even go near it. You won't believe how nasty it tastes. :?

The Nine Clue List - samsmith - 05-09-2015

HA! You too Buddy...Enjoy... Smile

The Nine Clue List - will197532 - 05-09-2015

<b>Quote from Buddy Allen on May 8, 2015, 10:51 pm</b>

Sam your crow is done cooking and has been on the back porch for months. The dog won't even go near it. You won't believe how nasty it tastes. :?
</div>
Sweet Smile

The Nine Clue List - jdh - 05-09-2015

<b>Quote from Larsonist on May 8, 2015, 6:06 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from jdh on May 7, 2015, 7:45 pm</b>

I too am trying to solve this with only the poem. (and a good map... and a dictionary). jdh
</div>

Hold up there jdh...a dictionary?? Pray tell, what may you find in a dictionary that the poem doesn't provide you? Synonyms? Older meanings? Alternate usage? Sounds fairly helpful if you ask me. You're just one step removed from wholesale metamorphical breadkdown.

So tell us: how the devil do warm waters halt?</div>
</div>

You would need someone much smarter than I to tell you how warm waters halt. I only need to know where it halts, if in fact, water in it's different forms ever does truly halt.

I find a dictionary helpful to expand the possibilities of how Mr. Fenn might use a word. "Do you know what the word several means?" he asked a crowd of people. For myself, I always thought it meant 4 or more. (Isn't a couple two and a few three?) I think he said more than 2 but not many more. He has mentioned using a dictionary too many times for me not to have it nearby.

As for WWWH, I have always liked the idea that it isn't where warm waters halt but where waters halt with a metaphor for warm placed in front. My favorite is Red Cloud. (discussed many times in the post) And the canyon? Isn't it obvious... Red Canyon. Now I just need to understand the significance of the place.

wholesale metaphorical meltdown? not yet.... not, yet.

And now you know why I haven't found the chest.

jdh

The Nine Clue List - samsmith - 05-09-2015

<b>Quote from admin on May 9, 2015, 8:34 am</b>

Sam when do you head out to search your spot? Will you write up your solve idea when you're done? I look forward to hearing it.
</div>

Sorry Steph, just saw your query...I'll be heading out in a little over 30 days to Wyoming to take a look see for myself...And I'll post what I found in the poem so everyone will see what was hidden and how ff did it...I'll explain my WWWH, hoB, etc., but I'll keep my interpretation of the blaze to myself I think, one must find it and it's tricky IMO...

Many will be surprised and a few searchers may be dismayed when they see this explanation of the poem, I won't say why(I will say there are no codes or ciphers)...I'll give the search location because that's what is revealed(and finding that is the 2nd clue)...Any info beyond that I will keep to myself...If anyone wants info beyond that or more interpretation of the poem they will have to figure it out for themselves...

I do know if I'm the lucky one, I'll never reveal the hidey spot out of deference and respect for ff...But I'll only be making this one trip so it will most likely become a free-for-all if I do not find the chest...Good luck and happy hunting to all... Smile

The Nine Clue List - Retired Postmaster - 05-10-2015

I would think....if a person is "smart" enough to find the treasure, they would be "smart" enough to look at the whole picture. Perhaps there are "instructions" in the chest, perhaps not. Would be interesting to be a "fly on the wall" at the first "meeting of the minds" with Forrest.

My guess is that honesty, respect and a firm handshake may be the basis for all else that follows.

The Nine Clue List - samsmith - 05-10-2015

I think he has already covered that tidbit with the statement "it's out of my hands now"...

The Nine Clue List - Retired Postmaster - 05-11-2015

Hi samsmith...But...couldn't there be more than one interpretation to "it's out of my hands now"...

Perhaps it simply means....it is physically out of his hands....he placed it in his special spot...and it is now up to someone to find it.

Have a safe first boots on the ground next month samsmith!