ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - 3paulb - 05-23-2015

take a look at the topic I posted "fenn's testament". It will give you an idea of how differently things can be interpreted.

The Nine Clue List - Jack - 05-24-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Hoosier Daddy on May 23, 2015, 7:26 pm</b>

Since we have different opinions of what the nine clues are, and there are nine sentences (although one is a question), I thought I'd throw out a few things that I've read and thought of about each sentence. With this post I'll deal with the first sentence which is:

<i><b>As I have gone alone in there

And with my treasures bold,

I can keep my secret where,

And hint of riches new and old.</b></i>

Some have said that "in there" is not a physical place, but a state of mind or a place with other than ordinary attributes. I've read the "in there" might be a dense forrest, a canyon, an area surrounded by natural barriers like mountians or waters that must be traversed. It might also be an area that is normally closed to outsiders for whatever reason. Others feel that it is just a generic term for the general area of where the clues refer to.

As to why he would go alone, maybe it is a place the one would typically not go alone, or to emphasize that no one else was involved in hiding the treasure, it might be a place that because of limited physical acess one must go in alone, or that it is some type of a non-physical journey that he did alone.

"I can keep my secret where" may just refer to the secret of the location of the chest, or there maybe another secret that Forrest has that won't be known until the chest is found.

"And hint of riches new and old"; why hint and not "there are riches new and old"? Maybe it is a place where there were riches in the past, but not now, and there could easily be riches in the future. The riches may not be things like gold and jewels, but things like healing and restored relationships. I've heard mines mentioned, or an acheology site.

I welcome any other ideas anyone has read about, heard mentioned or thought of. I know from my reading of the posts here at chasechat that there are many poeple here that are more educated, better at reasoning, more imaginative, and more diciplined than I am; who knows what ideas are floating around out there?

PS I'm not "fishing" for anyone's solve, I have a partner that has a good one that we will be traveling to soon. I just enjoy seeing the ideas that people come up with, I suspect that Forrest does too. Smile
</div>

Here is something to consider. When he said show the poem to a child, I believe what he is saying is that a child will ask questions that an adult might not consider asking. One of those questions would be, "Who is I?" Perhaps he is describing a place by telling a story of a certain place speaking as someone else associated with that place. So it wasn't Forrest who went in there alone, it was someone else. He is speaking "As I".

The Nine Clue List - Jack - 05-25-2015

Hoosier,it could be a tribal legend, but is probably a real story. Consider that all stories or events exist in both time and space. In other words, they have a history and a geography. Forrest says, "The only requirement is that you figure out what the clues mean. But a comprehensive knowledge of geography might help.”

We all know the history of the story of him hiding the chest. We are all trying to figure out the geography of that story. The poem must describe that geography. So maybe the poem is describing another story as well as Forrest's story. They have different histories but the same geography. "Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead". "I can keep my secret where (geography), and hint of riches new and old (history)."

The Nine Clue List - 3paulb - 05-26-2015

I firmly believe this is the case. It is not a place he fished, it is a place he looked for artifacts. My guess not far from home. He went there often and became so familiar with the area as he could easily give directions to a given 10" X 10" square. "Just take the chest", there is definitely something else of importance there.

The Nine Clue List - Buddy Allen - 05-26-2015

No clues in stanza one, but you guys keep working on it.

The Nine Clue List - Crazy Horse - 05-28-2015

IMO The Poem isn't referring too Forrest. That is why my complete solve is completely different. Again, as of today, I don't have the chest.

The Nine Clue List - 3paulb - 06-06-2015

#1 start, direction, distance

#2 general location within a few hundred yards

#3 starting point of your path

#4 follow the path it will fade

#5 path has ended

#6 visual verification of your precise location

#7 begin a new direction to a known point

#8 stand at that location look to the west and take in the beauty of it all

#9 make visual contact with the chest

The Nine Clue List - camstah - 06-10-2015

<b>Quote from samsmith on May 9, 2015, 8:51 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from admin on May 9, 2015, 8:34 am</b>

Sam when do you head out to search your spot? Will you write up your solve idea when you're done? I look forward to hearing it.
</div>

Sorry Steph, just saw your query...I'll be heading out in a little over 30 days to Wyoming to take a look see for myself...And I'll post what I found in the poem so everyone will see what was hidden and how ff did it...I'll explain my WWWH, hoB, etc., but I'll keep my interpretation of the blaze to myself I think, one must find it and it's tricky IMO...

Many will be surprised and a few searchers may be dismayed when they see this explanation of the poem, I won't say why(I will say there are no codes or ciphers)...I'll give the search location because that's what is revealed(and finding that is the 2nd clue)...Any info beyond that I will keep to myself...If anyone wants info beyond that or more interpretation of the poem they will have to figure it out for themselves...

I do know if I'm the lucky one, I'll never reveal the hidey spot out of deference and respect for ff...But I'll only be making this one trip so it will most likely become a free-for-all if I do not find the chest...Good luck and happy hunting to all... Smile</div>
</div>

samsmith will you update us while out on your hunt? also, how many days do most people plan on searching when you go out to your spot? I got tired after two days....i think it was the altitude Smile

if anyone finds the treasure all I ask is that you update the rest of us ASAP so we don't spend the money going out to search in one little spot....maybe instead we can go explore other places!

The Nine Clue List - samsmith - 06-10-2015

<b>Quote from camstah on June 10, 2015, 7:37 am</b>
<b>Quote from samsmith on May 9, 2015, 8:51 pm</b>
<b>Quote from admin on May 9, 2015, 8:34 am</b>

Sam when do you head out to search your spot? Will you write up your solve idea when you're done? I look forward to hearing it.
</div>

Sorry Steph, just saw your query...I'll be heading out in a little over 30 days to Wyoming to take a look see for myself...And I'll post what I found in the poem so everyone will see what was hidden and how ff did it...I'll explain my WWWH, hoB, etc., but I'll keep my interpretation of the blaze to myself I think, one must find it and it's tricky IMO...

Many will be surprised and a few searchers may be dismayed when they see this explanation of the poem, I won't say why(I will say there are no codes or ciphers)...I'll give the search location because that's what is revealed(and finding that is the 2nd clue)...Any info beyond that I will keep to myself...If anyone wants info beyond that or more interpretation of the poem they will have to figure it out for themselves...

I do know if I'm the lucky one, I'll never reveal the hidey spot out of deference and respect for ff...But I'll only be making this one trip so it will most likely become a free-for-all if I do not find the chest...Good luck and happy hunting to all... Smile</div>
</div>

samsmith will you update us while out on your hunt? also, how many days do most people plan on searching when you go out to your spot? I got tired after two days....i think it was the altitude Smile

if anyone finds the treasure all I ask is that you update the rest of us ASAP so we don't spend the money going out to search in one little spot....maybe instead we can go explore other places!</div>
</div>

Hi Camstah...Yep, I will try to do just that as I travel...Plan to take my time and even do some trout fishing if possible...Will try to update with photos too...Want to visit Cody, WY to see the Buffalo Bill Center of the West if I have time, five museums you know...Just a short vacation for the wife and I and our two pups Abigail and Timmy...We'll see how things go... Smile

The Nine Clue List - Project Why - 06-10-2015

Hope you find it Sam!! If not you'll come back an even better man. :-)