ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - geydelkon - 06-18-2015

Jack, I know the answer to your question and you are so correct. I thought the same thing and I had pondered why. I then asked myself what is missing and there it was in the beginning.

The Nine Clue List - geydelkon - 06-18-2015

3paulb, you have to be there to understand the nine clues. You cant get there unless you solve the nine clues.

The Nine Clue List - astree - 06-19-2015

Where is the initial quote from?

"any part of "some" can be ..." where, for example, "so" is part of "some" and is Spanish for SW

https://translate.google.com/#es/en/so

“little things can be so important in our lives. For example, do you know how long a piece of iron is needed to make a horseshoe?”

in "our lives"

LIVER is in "our lives", as is LOVE and LIE ... so, too vague, even if it means something.

In our lives ? What’s he saying ?

P 136

“Safe upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand: Come and see my shinning palace built upon the sand!”

Interesting. (Second Fig - Edna St. Vincent Millay). Is that his “shinning” typo or yours (I know you forewarned us).

Relate his use of word "mill,ay" with "millenia" and "$million"

As well, "millay" is a 7-shift on "sor®ge" which is german for "worry"

P 137

He is most comfortable where? On sand, or solid stone?

“There may be laughter and glee, but because you won’t be there when it happens “ What ?

“Dancing with the Stars” mentioned for a reason, forms connection with one of the images before the poem (don’t have the book with me). DANCING WITH THE MILLENNIUM

That’s quite something … Skippy drowned in a scuba accident, and his son is still a professional diver. Personally, I admire that he didn’t turn away from it.

P 138

Forrest has an understanding of metal detector. 3 feet – he previously mentioned that Olga’s bathtub was 3 feet (thanks, Steph, for bringing this up a few months ago).

Forrest is talking about bells and mentions the BL…M

“around 1,000 would be perfect” … M = 1000 (Roman) … Millenia

“the guy who carved the Rosetta stone IS proud” (time variable)

P 139

If I recall, Forrest placed his autobio in an olive jar (glass?), sealed it with wax, and placed it in the chest. Why not cast a bronze jar for it?

The Nine Clue List - DP - 06-19-2015

Why use the word millennium? 2000 already happened..

Maybe has to do with the millennial reign.

Maybe he wants to live forever by borrowing someone's body.

"What are friends for, if you can't use them?" (Lost My Spot)

The Nine Clue List - 3paulb - 06-19-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from geydelkon on June 18, 2015, 11:30 pm</b>

3paulb, you have to be there to understand the nine clues. You cant get there unless you solve the nine clues.
</div>

The clues that lead to ff's place of peace have existed for hundreds of years. There is no need to have boots on the ground to understand where the poem is telling you to go.

The Nine Clue List - ZosoRocks - 06-22-2015

<b>Quote from 3paulb on June 19, 2015, 2:03 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">

</div>

The clues that lead to ff's place of peace have existed for hundreds of years. There is no need to have boots on the ground to understand where the poem is telling you to go.</div>
</div>

Hi Paul.....I have to disagree to some extent.

Granted you can utilize all kinds of maps and visuals from the comfort of a armchair, but in truth, the seeker will need to be on the ground, in order to see some of the clues in "action".....like trail markings, descriptions that match the poem details, etc.

As I've been also an avid seeker for about 2 years now - read and re-read the poem and book multiple times, the double meanings are also different levels of the poem.

Do I have a solve....oh sure.....doesn't everyone? :o)

But the point I am trying to make, you can get a glimpse of a location without being physically "in the wood", but it really isn't going to do much for you, when you are looking at the location from many miles away or from a picture taken from 10K feet up.

Good luck in your hunt!

The Nine Clue List - decall - 06-22-2015

Zoso, welcome

based purely on logic, what is better, a clue or blaze understood on the ground or from G.E. or both? FF is a full page ad kind of guy, and what he's selling this time is his final, enduring story.... so if it's not big, bold, and spectacular, then it's not in my solve.

The Nine Clue List - 3paulb - 06-22-2015

<b>Quote from ZosoRocks on June 22, 2015, 12:23 pm</b>
<b>Quote from 3paulb on June 19, 2015, 2:03 pm</b>

</div>

The clues that lead to ff's place of peace have existed for hundreds of years. There is no need to have boots on the ground to understand where the poem is telling you to go.</div>
</div>

Hi Paul.....I have to disagree to some extent.

Granted you can utilize all kinds of maps and visuals from the comfort of a armchair, but in truth, the seeker will need to be on the ground, in order to see some of the clues in "action".....like trail markings, descriptions that match the poem details, etc.

As I've been also an avid seeker for about 2 years now - read and re-read the poem and book multiple times, the double meanings are also different levels of the poem.

Do I have a solve....oh sure.....doesn't everyone? :o)

But the point I am trying to make, you can get a glimpse of a location without being physically "in the wood", but it really isn't going to do much for you, when you are looking at the location from many miles away or from a picture taken from 10K feet up.

Good luck in your hunt![/quote

</div>
</div>

The Nine Clue List - 3paulb - 06-22-2015

Well, there are no trail markings, so I am not concerned about that,and you can clearly see all landmarks described in the poem, blaze included, on GE. You can not see the chest however, it is obscured.

I worked land surveying for many years, long before GE, and have an abundance of experience working with aerial photogrammetry in the field. Believe me I know what it looks like on the ground.

Decall is partially correct it is a grand place, but it is the unique set of circumstances occurring here that made Forrest chose this as his final resting place.

The Nine Clue List - decall - 06-25-2015

<b>Quote from Hoosier Daddy on June 25, 2015, 7:34 pm</b>
<b>Quote from 3paulb on June 22, 2015, 7:41 pm</b>

... it is a grand place, but it is the unique set of circumstances occurring here that made Forrest chose this as his final resting place.
</div>

Sounds like you are pretty sure you have the location down. Why don't you just go and get the chest?</div>
</div>

Yeah 3paulb, what do you have... give us a state or elevation or something