ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - decall - 07-24-2015

[Image: Forrest-Fenn-05.png]

anyone notice the 9 dots here? circles?

The Nine Clue List - astree - 07-25-2015

decall,

The jet is pointing to them, too, in your post and Forrest is showing 9 fingers. Perhaps importantly, his foot is on the drum, next to a chest (or, maybe he's just coincidentally making a pose).

Here's another angle on that room

http://www.santafetravelers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Steve-and-Forrest-photo-Billie-Frank.jpg

Who Trolls Nigh - if your post was addressed to me, I didn't receive a message from you. (Or, was that the point?)

Who and RP -

I completely understand the often stated position, that one cannot know what the clues are for sure, until they have chest in hand. My (unpopular) position, is that this is completely incorrect.

In order to being able to go to the spot with confidence, the clues must first be properly and confidently identified. One of the main questions that I believe searchers should be focusing on, is .. How do I correctly identify the 9 clues?

nine clues, if followed precisely

Thanks for your responses.

astree

PS - "both fretted and unfretted, becomes correct." ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fret#Fret_intonation )

The Nine Clue List - Retired Postmaster - 07-25-2015

Hi decall....your comment about the 9 dots/circles is interesting. Reminds me of the cover of TFTW, where there are 9 total circles and partial circles on the left side of the picture.

astree...I always enjoy your comments. I guess, for me, it is not a black/white answer. Moving through the poem, I imagine one will feel/know they are moving in the right direction. My comments were both that...the descriptive hints vs the takes you closer clues work together and just maybe there will be a "winning" solution vs a "correct" solution that didn't follow the clues precisely (perhaps got lucky in some way).

The Nine Clue List - Tim Nobody - 07-25-2015

so the chest is behind the brown couch and below the brown buffalo hide so that explains why if you ask to visit his house he can't say no and where is your home Marti finally makes sense. I asked this before but did not get a response was why do we all belief that the answers to the clues are physical places north of Santa Fe and in the Rocky mountains when none of those solutions led to the chest? I think the solutions are all physical objects but some may not be located in the mountains.

This line of thinking that all the clues are in the wild may have led to our downfall in not locating it. For instance if we are to look at the big picture what painting are we to find and what is maybe put in below it?

The Nine Clue List - Larsonist - 07-25-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from astree on July 25, 2015, 7:02 am</b>

In order to being able to go to the spot with confidence, the clues must first be properly and confidently identified.
</div>

"...properly and confidently identified..."

Identified how? Are we supposed to carry our 'Forrest Fenn Field Guide to Treasures of the Western US?' Tell me where I can buy one.

We're not spotting birds here, where someone else has photographed them and put them into a book where we can compare plumage and territory and mating habits.

Forrest is the only 'Identifier' of record and he's not talking. All clue identities are GUESSES until the chest is found.

The Nine Clue List - astree - 07-26-2015

Good one, Who. I thought it might itself contain the message. Not much time lately to spend on these things. If I get time in the next few days, will review some more. The only thing I can relate the numbers to at the moment is "worth the cold"

astree

The Nine Clue List - Shanghai Jack - 07-30-2015

<b>Quote from morecowbell on April 22, 2014, 7:41 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on April 22, 2014, 3:57 pm</b>

My goodness! Aren't we just overflowing with optimism. I count at least four people in this thread who are sure they know where the treasure is and just need to go recover it. Maybe a half-dozen more in other threads, and who knows how many on other blogs. Looks like there is going to be a traffic jam on the trail to The Spot. Food luck, fellows. Come back safe from the mountains. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts in the Failed Methodologies thread this Fall.

mdavis19
</div>

IMO the chase won't last through this year.</div>
</div>

Still have same opinion or change mind?

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on May 2, 2014, 11:15 pm</b>
<b>Quote from will197532 on May 2, 2014, 10:41 pm</b>

When I first started out I have thought the same thing but (take the chest and go in peace) is a whole different meaning for me. So Forrest said not to mess with the poem and the poem is in order, it took some deep thinking to come up with what I think he meant and you have to think like a kid on that line!
</div>

I agree with you, Will. "Take the chest and go in peace" has a completely different meaning than most people think. And the hunt is not over at that point. Not by a long shot. Like you, it took me a lot of deep thinking to figure out what that line most likely really means. Yes, think like a kid, but not necessarily a child. If there really are hints hidden in TTOTC, then I think there are some that help confirm the true meaning of that line. They are hidden in plain sight. I didn't see them for what they were until after I figured out the line, then they made perfect sense.

mdavis19

</div>
</div>

Line still figured? or maybe unfigure itself?

<b>Quote from astree on July 24, 2015, 2:34 pm</b>

has anyone made progress as to identifying the nine clues ?

</div>

maybe so. Jack do something very dangerous heya. Tell wife while he chop chicken. Eyeballs go back in head he get that look in eye like Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack like she butcher me next. Then give me big compliment. Say maybe so I am child of my mother heya.

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 07-30-2015

<b>Quote from Shanghai Jack on July 30, 2015, 4:29 am</b>
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on May 2, 2014, 11:15 pm</b>
<b>Quote from will197532 on May 2, 2014, 10:41 pm</b>

When I first started out I have thought the same thing but (take the chest and go in peace) is a whole different meaning for me. So Forrest said not to mess with the poem and the poem is in order, it took some deep thinking to come up with what I think he meant and you have to think like a kid on that line!
</div>

I agree with you, Will. "Take the chest and go in peace" has a completely different meaning than most people think. And the hunt is not over at that point. Not by a long shot. Like you, it took me a lot of deep thinking to figure out what that line most likely really means. Yes, think like a kid, but not necessarily a child. If there really are hints hidden in TTOTC, then I think there are some that help confirm the true meaning of that line. They are hidden in plain sight. I didn't see them for what they were until after I figured out the line, then they made perfect sense.

mdavis19

</div>
</div>

Line still figured? or maybe unfigure itself?</div>
</div>

Really people. It shouldn't be hard for any "deep thinkers" out there to come up with a possible alternative meaning for that line.

mdavis19