ChaseChat - Treasure Chat
The Nine Clue List - Printable Version

+- ChaseChat - Treasure Chat (https://www.chasechat.com)
+-- Forum: Forum (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.chasechat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Nine Clue List (/showthread.php?tid=1128)

The Nine Clue List - mdavis19 - 07-30-2015

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Shanghai Jack on July 30, 2015, 3:34 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from morecowbell on April 22, 2014, 7:41 pm</b>
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on April 22, 2014, 3:57 pm</b>

My goodness! Aren't we just overflowing with optimism. I count at least four people in this thread who are sure they know where the treasure is and just need to go recover it. Maybe a half-dozen more in other threads, and who knows how many on other blogs. Looks like there is going to be a traffic jam on the trail to The Spot. Food luck, fellows. Come back safe from the mountains. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts in the Failed Methodologies thread this Fall.

mdavis19
</div>

IMO the chase won't last through this year.</div>
</div>

Still have same opinion or change mind?</div>
</div>

Oh look! I was right again. Funny how that keeps happening.

mdavis19

The Nine Clue List - Shanghai Jack - 07-30-2015

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on July 30, 2015, 7:00 am</b>
<b>Quote from Shanghai Jack on July 30, 2015, 4:29 am</b>
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on May 2, 2014, 11:15 pm</b>
<b>Quote from will197532 on May 2, 2014, 10:41 pm</b>

When I first started out I have thought the same thing but (take the chest and go in peace) is a whole different meaning for me. So Forrest said not to mess with the poem and the poem is in order, it took some deep thinking to come up with what I think he meant and you have to think like a kid on that line!
</div>

I agree with you, Will. "Take the chest and go in peace" has a completely different meaning than most people think. And the hunt is not over at that point. Not by a long shot. Like you, it took me a lot of deep thinking to figure out what that line most likely really means. Yes, think like a kid, but not necessarily a child. If there really are hints hidden in TTOTC, then I think there are some that help confirm the true meaning of that line. They are hidden in plain sight. I didn't see them for what they were until after I figured out the line, then they made perfect sense.

mdavis19

</div>
</div>

Line still figured? or maybe unfigure itself?</div>
</div>

Really people. It shouldn't be hard for any "deep thinkers" out there to come up with a possible alternative meaning for that line.

mdavis19</div>
</div>

JAck hab no idea what take chest and go mean. Am curious if you still think it mean what you thought May 2 2014.

The Nine Clue List - trigace - 08-03-2015

I don't think that "the chest" in the poem has anything to do with the treasure or the gold or the bronze box. You need to think outside the box.

RE: The Nine Clue List - Shanghai Jack - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 09:26 PM)Hoosier Daddy Wrote: @trigrace I'm trying to think out of the box, but the only other "chest" I can think of is the body part. Is that what you have in mind?

50,000 monkeys spend maybe millions hours search for Forrest treasure chest. Maybe so instruction "take treasure chest and go" not necessary heya? Watcha going do. Find trove then leave it for all to seek? Open imagination.

RE: The Nine Clue List - Buddy Allen - 08-05-2015

He's talking about something you need to see on the trail and in your life. It's about figuring out what and where the treasure really is. Something you need to recognize. The order gets more important.

RE: The Nine Clue List - Buddy Allen - 08-07-2015

Ok it is very often hard on this format to get o pinyons from the people that you would like to hear from but here goes. We have the poem but he also advises that we use TTOTC and a good map. So here's my thought, what if some or all of the clues are given as if the person giving them was in a plane above us while we are down on the ground. That would be one reason for needing a good map. In that case how we orient the map would be crucial. The clues could be south heading north or north heading south, but a clue like 'nigh' could be backwards from above looking down than it would be if you are on the ground just walking or driving along. I guess what I'm trying to say is the point of view of the clue giver is important and could vary. (Interested to hear from mdavis, Larson, Jack, decall, Jason, or anybody else.)

RE: The Nine Clue List - decall - 08-07-2015

Wow, I like it, south heading north.
[imo] Google Earth is what the majority of the world will see this from.. like flying. Fenn wants it seen [imo]

RE: The Nine Clue List - Larsonist - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 12:04 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: We have the poem but he also advises that we use TTOTC and a good map.
I think Forrest left it up to us to discover the correct point of view and the direction to travel. For instance, in my view, putting in below the HoB is describing a travel direction of north to south, but that is based on my inference from the puzzle that makes up the HoB clue. Puzzles in puzzles and we can never be sure which direction is right until the chest says halt.

RE: The Nine Clue List - Larsonist - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 12:04 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: use TTOTC and a good map.
'use a good map' is a direct order from Forrest. How are all modern 'good maps' oriented? My boy sprout training, and Army training, taught us all about using maps and compasses in orienteering class: north is up, set your compass to 'orient' the needle with magnetic north. I can conclude no other choice but the conventional one in this adventure. And as I said before, my HoBrown decipheration gives me no other choice. Forward, march, ladies! Your left, your left, your left-nigh-left...

RE: The Nine Clue List - Buddy Allen - 08-07-2015

Scared to think what Piaget would say about me. He'd probably be most interested in my imaginary friends. Either that or my oral fixation. 'Honey, where's the popsicles ?'